OSP Code Campaign Arch3r OS: Bridge Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Prnkstr said:
Unless there is a really big river [not crossable] or something similar, what's stopping a small group of cavalry to cross the river further down and attack from the rear while your footroops are holding them off?

AI_Limiters I guess

bjorne. said:
Prnkstr said:
Unless there is a really big river [not crossable] or something similar, what's stopping a small group of cavalry to cross the river further down and attack from the rear while your footroops are holding them off?

AI_Limiters I guess
That and barriers, when you get into the river, you can't come out. For all ya cheaters out there... :wink:

I observed the code and I had a great idea. You make a disabled party that stands on one place (Bandits Awaiting Ransom type) and set the code to get the distance between you and the party. The disabled party serves as a landmark for terrain changes in battle.

Lumos said:
I observed the code and I had a great idea. You make a disabled party that stands on one place (Bandits Awaiting Ransom type) and set the code to get the distance between you and the party. The disabled party serves as a landmark for terrain changes in battle.
Yep, I basicly said this here:
Arch3r said:
Qwertyman said:
Thats great! ive allways wanted stuff like this!  now is it possible to have battles on the roads (not much gameplay change, but it would be good for effect) or have mountain-pass battles,  or even coastal battles?
Yes, yes and yes. Just need to add some landmarks, these can invisible. I used a script to calculate the distance between the land mark (in this case the bridge) and the main party. If the party is close enough, the battle is on the bridge. Avarice of the Exiled will have mountain pass battles too, maybe even ambushes.
Invisible landmarks can be placed anywhere, with this you can make ambush scenes in forests, mountain pass battles etc.

Arch3r said:
bjorne. said:
Prnkstr said:

AI_Limiters I guess
That and barriers, when you get into the river, you can't come out. For all ya cheaters out there... :wink:

whats wrong with going through the river? you move slowly and are a sitting duck for archers-  if you make the river wide enough then it will be a bad tactical move nearly all the time,  but for those few times you can flank around and attack on both sides the strategy should pay off.

Ah, I've been waiting for something like this, awesome stuff! Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

EDIT: If I made my own scene, say a coastal one and put a landmark near the coast. Could I just switch out your scenes and landmark with mine and it would work? Or does it require something else?

The Red Baron said:
hmm, doesn't seem to work for me
Hm have you seen the solution for Astor?

Jon Snow said:
This is awesome! Please be making more, Mr. Setpiece Battles Man! :smile:
Nice title :smile:

Dudro said:
Good job, two thumbs up!
Not even ten? :O

Qwertyman said:
whats wrong with going through the river? you move slowly and are a sitting duck for archers-  if you make the river wide enough then it will be a bad tactical move nearly all the time,  but for those few times you can flank around and attack on both sides the strategy should pay off.
Well, the river is quite deep, normally soldiers in armour would drown. Could implent that too, but all AI will kill themselves than.

That's not fair, he's obviously been genetically enhanced.

But seriously, this is great.

Back
Top Bottom