OSP Code Campaign Arch3r OS: Bridge Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Dudro said:
That's not fair, he's obviously been genetically enhanced.

But seriously, this is great.

I lend you my thumbs!  :grin:

Then we got at least four. Maybe 3 people can join us.

Did someone already make scenes with ruins somewhere on battlefields?
I think that would be great! And as we're looking for even more work for you,
you could think about adding a camp to the battlescenes, when the player is
attacked while camping...  :grin:

Albertus Magnus said:
Did someone already make scenes with ruins somewhere on battlefields?
I think that would be great! And as were looking for even more work for you,

I approve of this post!

theres no limit to the diferent battle scenes you could make! (well there is, but shadap) I seriusly think you shouldnt stop with bridges, if you can produce lots of high quality battlescenes then you will be allmost as epic as that magelord guy with the scripts!

I realy like the one where theres tents if your attacked whilst camping-  give the player a terrain disadvantage and meybe make the enemy spawn on more than one side (if possible) to simulate the player being taken by surprise-  perhapse doing the same if the player catches the enemy camping (i dont know if they do or not)

you could take it a step further and make battles near villages and towns into farmland battles! and a small chance in feild battles for there to be a couple of houses, or a hunting lodge or anything realy- just the kind of stuff you would expect to see in a medieval countryside. btw, on a similar topic: in the mod Talera (something of talera, cant remember, its a fantasy mod) the forests are realy dense- much more like real life forrests, is there any way you could do that for native M&B,  because those forest fights were fantastic, realy brought in new tactics.
(sorry for all the ideas/requests, but your realy on to something with this)

Qwertyman said:
theres no limit to the diferent battle scenes you could make! (well there is, but shadap) I seriusly think you shouldnt stop with bridges, if you can produce lots of high quality battlescenes then you will be allmost as epic as that magelord guy with the scripts!

I realy like the one where theres tents if your attacked whilst camping-  give the player a terrain disadvantage and meybe make the enemy spawn on more than one side (if possible) to simulate the player being taken by surprise-  perhapse doing the same if the player catches the enemy camping (i dont know if they do or not)

you could take it a step further and make battles near villages and towns into farmland battles! and a small chance in feild battles for there to be a couple of houses, or a hunting lodge or anything realy- just the kind of stuff you would expect to see in a medieval countryside. btw, on a similar topic: in the mod Talera (something of talera, cant remember, its a fantasy mod) the forests are realy dense- much more like real life forrests, is there any way you could do that for native M&B,  because those forest fights were fantastic, realy brought in new tactics.

I love all your ideas except for the forest ones. Those hit my FPS something cruel :sad:

amade said:
Qwertyman said:

I love all your ideas except for the forest ones. Those hit my FPS something cruel :sad:

In Talera the dense forrests can be disabled in the camp menu options,  but trust me- they are brilliant fights :grin: I see no reason why scenes that hit peoples FPS cant be disabled.

If someone can give me the scenes, I'll implent it. I can't make scenes on this PC, too demanding, keeps crashing. So unless I get my good PC fixed soon, I won't be able to work on this. Unless of course someone else makes the scenes.

Friggen awesome! You get all twelve of my thumbs up!  :grin:

This is so going into HYW.

Heck, maybe it's time I learned scening so this thing can go forward.

I have a better idea though. How about I make you custom models (bridges, ruined castles and hillforts, etc.) and we mug someone and have them make scenes with them?  :razz:

Llew2 said:
How about I make you custom models (bridges, ruined castles and hillforts, etc.) and we mug someone and have them make scenes with them?  :razz:
Why the question mark behind it, the answer seems pretty obvious to me :grin:. I'll send you a PM about some models that would help me.

Albertus Magnus said:

Rosha, maker of the wedding dance, actually has that already. Even with a small prisoner cart so you can gloat and laugh at the silly losers.

And I entirely agree, more like this would be awesome and I'm sure you'd get every thumb on this forum up for you! :grin:

Amman de Stazia said:
mind if The Peninsula War mod borrows your idea?  We'd expand on it till the cows come home....
Not a problem, I would be honored if you used it, all I need is your thumbs, I collect those since a few days.

FrisianDude said:
Albertus Magnus said:

Rosha, maker of the wedding dance, actually has that already. Even with a small prisoner cart so you can gloat and laugh at the silly losers.

And I entirely agree, more like this would be awesome and I'm sure you'd get every thumb on this forum up for you! :grin:

Is it released as a standalone modular component? If not, then it's useless to us! We need the modular components so we can put them in every mod! That's why Arch3r is getting my thumbs!

Llew2 said:
Jon Snow said:
Wagon-forts!!! Please! **** you, Khergits! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_fort  Haha, sorry, got a bit excited, the thought just struck me.
Excellent idea.

Yo Arch3r, can you make it so that, depending on if you are the attacker or attacked, which side of a given map you'll be on?
It already is like that with the bridge battles, defenders spawn closer to the bridge. Attackers always use spawn point 1 and defenders entry point 0...or opposite, can't remember.

We're going to actually not use your code Arch3r, as one of the mod team independently came up with a different idea for the same result.

But good work, and 6 thumbs from us for not only making it, but allowing everyone to join in with OpenSource!

Back
Top Bottom