April 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narcissus said:
By the way ... I received this PM while I was away ... not sure how to handle it actually ...

Voutare said:
So, I was planning do do a April Fool's "multiplayer" prank since September. I guess since you locked this, and asked for the name of the person that sent the screens, I take it that you would like it if I didn't post my "multiplayer prank"?
I'd say either ignore it for the time being, or perhaps let him in on it. I don't know that I'd trust him enough to keep quiet though.

So, LL and Narc get demoted then? I can't think of anything sufficiently amusing and yet plausible for the reasons, but maybe one just decided they had too many real life commitments or decided to move over to just being an admin at MBX.
The fake admin board here will not allow regular people to post to, only for them to view it (once we make it visible). So, once the two of you are "demoted" you shouldn't make new posts to the fake admin board.

I'd probably better stay away from the forums for a while once we make this board visible, otherwise people might wonder why I haven't fixed it. :razz:

I'm going to go ahead and set Merentha and Ingolifs to show up as admins in about 30 minutes. If anyone has any posts which they need the date modified on, please post them and ask me before then.

I think I'll leave it to one of you to make the board visible to regular members later, a while after Ingo and Merentha get their "Admin status". Just go here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=board;boardid=78
Under Allowed Groups, hit the Check All box and click the Modify button. The fake admin board will then become visible to everyone. It's already set where regular members can't post to it, so that should be all that's needed.

Where can we slip in something about sony buying M&B - maybe in the FEES section?

("this will all be moot if Armagan finalizes things with sony")  :twisted:

heh heh

DE

Deus Ex said:
Where can we slip in something about sony buying M&B - maybe in the FEES section?

("this will all be moot if Armagan finalizes things with sony")  :twisted:

heh heh

DE
Maybe you could post asking "What are the fees for anyway? We didn't need them before."
Then I or someone else could post back saying "It's a bit of a secret and I had to sign an NDA to be let in on it, but you'll know soon anyway. Sony has decided to buy out M&B and that it's one of the unfortunate changes we're having to make. I hope that makes it more clear. They're the reason M&B finally went Multiplayer, it was another requirement from them."
That could be Narc or LL's cue to say "No way I'm working for Sony, I quit."

If we do that though, let's hurry it up so I can change the dates back a bit so they're dated before the "welcome new admins" topic.

EDIT: check my modified "welcome" message posted after Ingolifs' message. I think it sets things up decently for the accident and explains why his post is there before he gets admin status. :smile:

check out the post I made in the fees section and see if that works - if not we can do what Janus suggested :p

(I went ahead and posted that, apparently while you were answering - LOL - easy enough to delete and redo)

DE

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,22164.msg495281.html#msg495281

It's OK DE, I worked it into my idea. Just posted my response. Now to monkey with the dates. :smile:

If we could get Narc or LL to post there soon saying how they detest the idea, that would be great and give a reason for losing them and I could go ahead and modify the date for that message as well. <hint hint>

There we go, dates fiddled in the MP thread to space them out believably, with the first 5 posts seeming to be on 2 earlier days.

Once this topic becomes public, you guys will have to move this thread smewhere else and we can continue discusion via PM.

Also, after the 'accident', there should be some sort of indication that I tried to fix it, and ballsed it up again. An hour or two after the incident, make the thread postable to the commons. Sometime after that I 'screw up' again, and set a large portion of the community to the 'weaponsmith' member status. Something to keep them entertained.

Yeah, I'll probably do that. I'm about to set you and Merentha as "Admins" and cloak the admin status of LL and Narcissus.

I just modified my message in the "welcome new admins" thread to indicate that LL and Narc are stepping down due to the Sony deal.

As a reminder:
Janus said:
I'll leave it to one of you to make the board visible to regular members later, a while after Ingo and Merentha get their "Admin status". Just go here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=board;boardid=78
Under Allowed Groups, hit the Check All box and click the Modify button. The fake admin board will then become visible to everyone. It's already set where regular members can't post to it, so that should be all that's needed.

Again, before making the board public be sure to move this thread to the real admin board.

Ingo: good catch, I just fixed that.

Status set up for Narc, LL, Ingo, and Merentha.
Narc & LL, you now show up as regular members but of course still have Admin powers. You probably shouldn't post again to this board at this point while it's supposed to be locked from regular users posting.
Ingo & Merentha, you now show up as admins but don't actually have admin powers. You do however have Global Moderator powers until this is over, so you can sticky stuff, lock topics, and edit peoples posts. Just don't get carried away, eh? Use them sparingly to make people believe you're admins.

In about 30 minutes I'll be heading to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom