April 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If needed we could do that but if they have the admin tag and everything looks good then I highly doubt anyone will try and test them.

As I wrote that I changed my mind.  People will think it is an April Fool's day gag ... up till they use their new powers a few times for demonstration. :wink:

Narcissus

So LL has volunteered to be demoted, who else? If nobody else wants to, I can be the other. Also, if there are no objections, we can go ahead and contact Merentha and Ingolifs about taking part in it.

Narcissus said:
The second best idea is the 'list of fees' that Deus suggested.  I can see the list now:
A sub-forum            $100
Name changes        $5
Custom tag            $10
On this, we could be complaining about the lost revenue due to mods moving over to MBX, and the fees being the real reason... of course the major mod authors will know better, so this is another one that would make it pretty obvious. Still a good one though. :smile:

EDIT: a couple more fee possibilities: removal of temp ban ($1 per day remaining), removal of permanent ban ($20).

For sure, that would be great. :smile:

Messages away to Merentha and Ingolifs:
Hey, do you think you'll have time tomorrow to be around the forums a fair bit, and do you want to be in on a secret?

OK, Merentha is in. I'm moving this topic over to the temp board so he can see it, and will set up his privileges directly. Ingo is away from the boards at the moment.

Once we're ready to go with it, one of us can move this topic back to the main admin board.

Just a note, the dates on the earlier post topics are still visible.  Since many of them are quite old, this might arouse suspicion.  (Unless, of course, your board really is that dead)  :razz:

Is there a way to mess with the dates?  Skipping from Feb 1 to today might be a bit odd. 

Merentha said:
Just a note, the dates on the earlier post topics are still visible.  Since many of them are quite old, this might arouse suspicion.  (Unless, of course, your board really is that dead)  :razz:

Is there a way to mess with the dates?  Skipping from Feb 1 to today might be a bit odd. 
Well, part of the point of having those older topics is so it looks more authentic and not everything is posted just today. The skip from Feb. to  now is a bit long, but I don't see any more topics between the two which would be good to share with everyone.

I can go into the database and hunt down specific posts (though searching in phpMyAdmin is a bit annoying) and change the dates for them if need be. The date is stored in seconds, so editing it will take a bit of calculation. Hang on and I'll see if I can't modify the "Hot stuff" thread to look older.

EDIT: artificial aging applied to the "Hot stuff" and "My to be banned list" topics. I'll age another topic later to fill in the time gap still left.

yep, okay, read everything. Is there perchance a way of posting new posts and editing them to make them appear older?

Also, to make sure i've got this straight, Merentha and I get 'promoted', LL gets demoted, and you post a news thread about this, announcing this fact. We do the whole handwaving thing, while LL slags us off. Sometime later, I 'accidentally' open up the admin boards to the public (but janus actually does that bit), and I hurriedly post a new topic saying '****! Don't read this topic! ****, archonsod, how do I undo the changes?' etc.

Also, will this thread be deleted when the time comes?

Yep, artificial aging can be done but I'll be the one who has to do it.
Janus said:
EDIT: artificial aging applied to the "Hot stuff" and "My to be banned list" topics. I'll age another topic later to fill in the time gap still left.

As mentioned, this thread will be moved back to the real admin board from here before this board is revealed.

Looks like you have the outline of it pretty much right, I believe.

We haven't settled on a specific time for it. Either within 2 hours from now or about 12 hours+ from now would be best for me. In a couple of hours time I'll be going to sleep until tomorrow (still the 31st here).

I'm leaving for an hour or three (going to a comedy club), but I'll add in my 'lists' as soon as I get back.  If needed, I'll also be the other demoted person. 

Great ideas and welcome to the administration area gentlemen.  :wink:

Narcissus

I think there should be a couple hour delay between when we announce the new admins and when we make that big balls up. For the moment, I think i'll make a 'thanks for making me admin' thread in this topic. (when the time comes, I should appear as an admin, shouldn't i?)

By the way ... I received this PM while I was away ... not sure how to handle it actually ...

Voutare said:
From the Multiplayer thread said:
Alright.  Enough, enough.

Nothing to see here, folks.  Nope, nothing at all.

By the way ... feel free to PM me the name of the person that gave you these screens.

Narcissus

So, I was planning do do a April Fool's "multiplayer" prank since September. I guess since you locked this, and asked for the name of the person that sent the screens, I take it that you would like it if I didn't post my "multiplayer prank"?

I'll be back and sry for dbl post.

Narcissus

Ingolifs said:
I think there should be a couple hour delay between when we announce the new admins and when we make that big balls up. For the moment, I think i'll make a 'thanks for making me admin' thread in this topic. (when the time comes, I should appear as an admin, shouldn't i?)
If you make the thread, I'll echo the sentiments. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom