Appreciation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Normally if someone posted a thread where they say they liked the game, I don't think people would get too upset about it, but when threads like this with the same title and wording keep popping up, people start getting a little suspicious and accusatory.

When the pendulum is swung hard one way, it comes back almost as hard the other way, so nothing new there.

Everyone can have their voice here, and others have a choice of either ignoring it, joining in, or debatint it-- whilst respecting the forum rules.

Speaking of the rules, i can see the off-topic posts are still popping up, even after i quoted part of said rules few pages back.

Anyways, don't be asking for explanations if warnings start popping up too.

This "appreciation" threads are very limiting in what type of responses you can give, you would basically share your good experience with the game ("I played 1000s of hours type of thing) or you get triggered because you see too much boot-licking in one place so you make a more aggressive than usual comment to maintain the universe balance and get closer to the truth but then you get banned or warned because you are being abusive or overly aggressive.

I say that there should be consequences for both ends of the spectrum, some comments are so overly positive that can be abusive to other users experience and beliefs.

Not only that but this threads are the least productive ones, little value is gained when everyone just says it's all good and don't criticize. Being critical of something is what makes it possible to identify problems and drive progress, even if you end up being wrong about it.

Moderators should just close the thread at this point, too much harm has been done already.

This "appreciation" threads are very limiting in what type of responses you can give, you would basically share your good experience with the game ("I played 1000s of hours type of thing) or you get triggered because you see too much boot-licking in one place so you make a more aggressive than usual comment to maintain the universe balance and get closer to the truth but then you get banned or warned because you are being abusive or overly aggressive.

I say that there should be consequences for both ends of the spectrum, some comments are so overly positive that can be abusive to other users experience and beliefs.

Not only that but this threads are the least productive ones, little value is gained when everyone just says it's all good and don't criticize. Being critical of something is what makes it possible to identify problems and drive progress, even if you end up being wrong about it.

Moderators should just close the thread at this point, too much harm has been done already.
I hate to be that guy... But if you want to keep within the forum rules then debate whether or not this game in its current form SHOULD be appreciated. As long as it is done respectfully - anyone can say that this game shouldn't be appreciated because... [insert reason(s) here]. You don't have to write a positive post, you can highlight any of the problems this game has and still be within forum rules. :wink:
giphy.gif

you see too much boot-licking
Why is it boot-licking? I see it as positive reinforcement. When someone gets a job done, do they want to hear someone say : "Good job! If i may suggest ..." Or "No you are bad! Your company is bad! The people that work there are incompetent.. Waaaa waaaa waaa ??..."
In what universe is that true? should people then by that logic be punished for donating too much and for being overly helpful?
Beliefs? is hating bannerlord a religion now?
I disagree 100%
I think its actually the other way around. Positive posts create a respite for developers and makes visiting the forum more attractive to them, resulting in more communication with the community and an overall productive back and forth.
You can criticize and be positive about it, it makes the whole transaction easier to swallow and has a higher chance of producing an outcome.

They have not closed threads that are pure toxic, but a positive thread has bothered you so much?
where is your "spectrum justice" now?

The point I was trying to make here was that if in 0-100 the game/company/progress has a score of 50 then a user making a comment that "ranks" the game 100 should face the same consequences that a user faces for ranking it 0.
The problem here is that "to rank" it 0 you will necessarily make an abusive comment but they are as far from the "truth" (50) as the one who ranks it 100.

It just happens that humans have a tendency to be positive about everything, and that's good, what is not good imo is that if a product is bad, someone isn't able to say it's bad because he is being toxic and hurting someones feelings.
In a democratic society that would be tyranny but in social media, including this forum, it's the rules.

This is a problem of all platforms and all I see is freedom of expression being more and more limited, this is why "we" (the ones that are aware and agree with me) are/should fight back to keep the balance, otherwise companies/... will continue to push us to the edge.

what is not good imo is that if a product is bad, someone isn't able to say it's bad because he is being toxic and hurting someones feelings.
Here's the thing. One can be critical and tell the devs the game is bad and has many broken parts without being toxic. One doesn't really have to throw insults or snarky remarks in their feedback. If one does that, then they're, frankly enough, an *******.

Of course, people will mention a lot of things that justify their toxic attitude. Not being heard for years, being polite didn't work, TW making retarded decisions, etc etc, but one's attitude at any given moment is their own decision. If people decide to be toxic so be it. If people decide to keep being respectful despite everything else, then so be it. It's freedom. Just be aware of what you're being.

Here's the thing. One can be critical and tell the devs the game is bad and has many broken parts without being toxic. One doesn't really have to throw insults or snarky remarks in their feedback. If one does that, then they're, frankly enough, an *******.

Of course, people will mention a lot of things that justify their toxic attitude. Not being heard for years, being polite didn't work, TW making retarded decisions, etc etc, but one's attitude at any given moment is their own decision. If people decide to be toxic so be it. If people decide to keep being respectful despite everything else, then so be it. It's freedom. Just be aware of what you're being.
Well said my friend ?

One doesn't really have to throw insults or snarky remarks in their feedback
I guess this is where I see it has a problem.
Aaand the "Turkish regime" strikes again, seems like people can't heavily criticize the game or devs, maybe I'm wrong.
Saying something like "Turkish regime" is inappropriate and can result in a ban if you continue to say something like that, I don't think it should be that way.

Well said my friend ?
He is a conservative who supports dictators and likes watching protesters get beaten up, not a positive vibe hippie. :smile:
Saying something like "Turkish regime" is inappropriate and can result in a ban if you continue to say something like that, I don't think it should be that way.
Well, you were wrong on this one, Steve was banned for being a dupe AND the moderators are not beholden to the Turkish regime anyway. They do sometimes react if you target devs, particularly those that frequent the forum (=the good guys). I'm on a warning for saying devs are lazy noobs in a thread where a developer posted after me, though I'm not really complaining as the moderator motivation was to protect devs from abuse.

Back
Top Bottom