Appreciation!

Users who are viewing this thread

You are right indeed, however... If he's referring to The Poster Formerly Known as Stevehoos aka DB Coper then @danEN is talking about the modding work he did for Warband *cough* 1257 AD *cough* and the keen and honest feedback he contributed... Once upon a time before he became...
giphy.gif
It is a shame, i liked that mod. I sank many hours in it too. I hope the saltiness is not contagious, i will quit a forum before i become a crybaby.

It is a shame, i liked that mod. I sank many hours in it too. I hope the saltiness is not contagious, i will quit a forum before i become a crybaby.
The mod is awesome.

The saltiness is not at all contagious, however, frustration throughout the community is high and apathy is abundant. It was different once....

So many more regulars sparking conversations of what may and will be in the Calradia of old. Such talks spurred on by dev blogs and statements made (by non other than the great Lord Armagan himself) at functions such as Gamescom. Then the multiplayer beta dropped - before EA... That's where everything really began to unravel, but long story short: over a year of suggestions by many diehards and modders falling on deaf or unsympathetic ears has led to a souring of moods and a fraying of patience.

Stay in the forum as long as you enjoy it. Stay strong and provide critical feedback. It may help... It may not. But the more voices that contribute to a better product the better it is for all Bannerlord enthusiasts. And don't be fooled by tone and rancor: everyone who is posting here is a Bannerlord enthusiast!

The mod is awesome.

The saltiness is not at all contagious, however, frustration throughout the community is high and apathy is abundant. It was different once....

So many more regulars sparking conversations of what may and will be in the Calradia of old. Such talks spurred on by dev blogs and statements made (by non other than the great Lord Armagan himself) at functions such as Gamescom. Then the multiplayer beta dropped - before EA... That's where everything really began to unravel, but long story short: over a year of suggestions by many diehards and modders falling on deaf or unsympathetic ears has led to a souring of moods and a fraying of patience.

Stay in the forum as long as you enjoy it. Stay strong and provide critical feedback. It may help... It may not. But the more voices that contribute to a better product the better it is for all Bannerlord enthusiasts. And don't be fooled by tone and rancor: everyone who is posting here is a Bannerlord enthusiast!
?

Complaints will do more than just saying everything is fine and good...
To be fair to the OP he wasn't saying that. He just said he's having a lot of fun and thanked the devs. I don't remember anyone saying the game is already perfect and the devs can just stop working on it.

People often get insulted for saying they like the game. Again, not for saying that it's already perfect and done. They get insulted just for showing their appreciation and told their opinions are stupid. That's pretty bollocks in my opinion. I understand that OP is probably an alt account and everyone is suspicious of it, but this attitude has been around for months.

Toxicity is no contribution, it is a noxious cloud that hurts everyone involved even the ones that think they are immune to it because they are emitting it.
All you have done is drive away what little communication we had with the game developers. Well done, you should be proud of that and don't consider shutting up, instead, tell others they should. You are a piece of work to say the least...
I don't blame them to be honest. Why would someone go out of their way to fill their life with all this childish negativity when they are being paid for a job well done?
All that your ilk is doing is sabotage an already slow progress, i hope for the sake of all of us that is the end of it.
I am replying to you because you are a human, as a person however, i would not waste a single breath towards you. You are simply not worth it.

It is sad that we are impacted more with negative events in our lives than positive ones, it is a scientific fact. Bear that in mind next time you want to "contribute".
I know this game is a work in progress and i am quite happy with the progress so far. It is not ideal, but nothing ever is. I wish for more people like op to be around, because looking at moaning and crying is neither constructive nor fun after a long day of work.
Again you're proving my point even more, you were not around through the closed beta or start of EA so you have absolutely no ****ing idea what you're talking about or who you're commenting on

I use to be one of the few positive people on the forums, defending the game, saying there's still time for improvement. **** me was I wrong, if you want to blame anyone for the toxicity on the forums you can blame taleworlds, people have spent countless hours creating detailed feedback threads on this forum just to be constantly ignored, there's a reason why 90% of this forum who are the hardcore M&B fans are negative, clearly you're too blinded by love to see that

If only we could all go back to sleep, and forget for just a little longer that Bannerlord will never be the chosen one.
Dealing with GoT's final season was worse though, Ser Jon. So stop complaining, this is better than GoT and there's always Ride and Chop 3 to look forward to.

Dealing with GoT's final season was worse though, Ser Jon. So stop complaining, this is better than GoT and there's always Ride and Chop 3 to look forward to.

You're right of course, how stupid of me. I should appreciate the empty pie that I have right now, because there's a fate far worse than being empty and GOT would know it.

(that's a far better name for Bannerlord btw)

⚠️ REMINDER ⚠️
^^ you two
First - get a room.
Second:
Forum Rules 2.2
Keep to the topic — Try and stay on the topic of the initial post when replying.
[...]
Remember, the forums are a public arena. If you wish to talk specifically to a single user, use the private message function. That's why it’s there.
Everyone, please just stick to the thread topic. This is an appreciation thread so appreciate or keep quiet.
This game is very good.

I don’t understand why appreciation posts need to be **** on this badly.

I’ve never played a game I felt was perfect in my life. Never. There was always a feature that could have made it better or a feature that it had that could have been made better.

And let’s be honest: none of us are looking for the same game. When we had to go into the towns to interact with contacts people complained that they wanted these things menu driven. But now that they are menu driven people complain there is no reason to go into villages and cities very often. And if they put more things in the villages and cities, the vast majority of those possible things would be argued should be accessed from the menus.

I think 1 or 2 Vlandian shoulder pieces would suffices and they should modify the 50 existing helmets if people don’t like them, not add 20 more. Others think Vlandia needs 20 more helmets and 20 more shoulder pieces.

I’m glad to hear camels are coming they’ve just been a bugged mess. Others have posted they have no place in the game.

I think quarterstaffs should be added as a two handed hammer option. Others think it should be a polearm. One poster felt it should only be a training weapon and gave testimony no one ever used one on an actual battlefield.

I could go on and on. The point is people are allowed to enjoy the game, and 75% of the negative posts, that are just **** flinging because it’s a new thread to fling **** in, could do better by picking and choosing their targets more carefully.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why appreciation posts need to be **** on this badly.

I’ve never played a game I felt was perfect in my life. Never. There was always a feature that could have made it better or a feature that it had that could have been made better.

And let’s be honest: none of us are looking for the same game. When we had to go into the towns to interact with contacts people complained that they wanted these things menu driven. But now that they are menu driven people complain there is no reason to go into villages and cities very often. And if they put more things in the villages and cities, the vast majority of those possible things would be argued should be accessed from the menus.

I think 1 or 2 Vlandian shoulder pieces would suffices and they should modify the 50 existing helmets if people don’t like them, not add 20 more. Others think Vlandia needs 20 more helmets and 20 more shoulder pieces.

I’m glad to hear camels are coming they’ve just been a bugged mess. Others have posted they have no place in the game.

I think quarterstaffs should be added as a two handed hammer option. Others think it should be a polearm. One poster felt it should only be a training weapon and gave testimony no one ever used one on an actual battlefield.

I could go on and on. The point is people are allowed to enjoy the game, and 75% of the negative posts, that are just **** flinging because it’s a new thread to fling **** in, could do better by picking and choosing their targets more carefully.
Yeah it's a bit much, there's always going to be these posts and some of these guys are going to be ****ing and arguing on countless posts when the console version is released.

I've played mount and blade for a looong time now and I remember back when Warband was first released and it's lead up to launch taleworlds actually made a post telling off the current users for being too harsh to new players, they are just excited, it's a new game to them.

Last edited:
But before Ride and Chop 3 we´ll get Fly and Lasers!

I´m already excited for those Fly and Lasers Dev blogs where TW will show us incredible features and systems which won´t be in the final game.

Back
Top Bottom