Appreciation!

Users who are viewing this thread

That guy was very annoying and i am glad he got banned. I am sure it is someone who was already banned and created another account because he has nothing better to do but b***h and whine.
He's literally contributed more to this forum and game then you ever have or will, if you have no idea why he and others ***** so much I beg you shut up on the situation

He's literally contributed more to this forum and game then you ever have or will, if you have no idea why he and others ***** so much I beg you shut up on the situation
fetchimage

So the only way criticisms are valid is if those criticizing keep growing, and all prior "old" voices are quiet? Is that it?
Wo, wo Mr. Salt Shaker... Simma down na! I did not say that criticisms voiced here are not valid. Here, this is my post once again:
Perhaps... But complaints from the same people? If complaints do work I think they will only be effective if a wide range of different people complain... Otherwise it's just an angry circle jerk... Is it not?
I was commenting on the effectiveness of a particular tactic not the validity of the reasons for the complaints....

If the same handful of people complain about things it DOES NOT mean that their complaints are invalid - I contend that it is just easier to brush aside complaints from the same people than if a bunch of different fans make those same complaints.

It's not right I just think that may be how it is.

Wo, wo Mr. Salt Shaker... Simma down na!

You caught me. I was on the verge of a fit.

I did not say that criticisms voiced here are not valid. Here, this is my post once again:

I know what you said and that's not even what I said. Perhaps you ought to re-read it.

I was commenting on the effectiveness of a particular tactic not the validity of the reasons for the complaints....

I never said you said the complaints themselves weren't valid. I asked how you they become valid in this "effectiveness" you spoke about, and even presented you with an example (aka, the "growing" comment I made).

If the same handful of people complain about things it DOES NOT mean that their complaints are invalid - I contend that it is just easier to brush aside complaints from the same people than if a bunch of different fans make those same complaints.

It's not right I just think that may be how it is.

If only a "wide range of people" will make it "effective", what's the "range" of people? What about the "same (old) people" you remarked about? Should they be quiet? You may not have directly called in question for the validity of these complaints--though I never said that you had--but your entire point was stemmed on the idea that complaints will only work if its coming from a growing number of people, which infers that the "same people" who have been complaining are not "valid" because they aren't effective. I simply asked you a question, so that you might expand upon how this incredible idea that you have operates.

A lot of "Appreciation" threads popping out recently by new accounts and once had my comment on one of the threads deleted just with a BS note like "take your criticism to another thread". Just saying, people are not that dumb.
Had the same thing happen to me, but I didn't get a note. Just a silent deletion, pretty weird.

TW does not promote wholesome activity and community kindness. It's not so surprising when people are the way they are. The developers hate the community, couldn't care less about their criticisms, and make that very clear. On top of that, they deceive, lie, and promote blaming the community for the failure of the game (or at least the ones defending the game promote that). The very atmosphere and message oozing out of TW is one of animosity, strife, and selfishness. Games with good communities usually have developers that encourage and design things in such a way to promote a friendly, wholesome atmosphere. TW does not do that, they instead do the opposite.

I never said you said the complaints themselves weren't valid.
Uhhh? You called it into question by literally asking:
So the only way criticisms are valid is if those criticizing keep growing, and all prior "old" voices are quiet? Is that it?
"So the ONLY WAY CRITICISMS ARE VALID IS IF [...]"
giphy.gif

And not "growing number" per se, but totality of complaints from many different people.

My friend. Many thousands of people purchased this game, if the same dozen or even 2 dozen people keep complaining then that is easier to write-off than... Let's say a larger number. But again, this is my opinion.

I also never said anything about anyone being quiet. I'm not advocating that anyone not complain. Please, voice your concerns because as far as this game is concerned, there are many... Concerns.

You really took some cognitive leaps and inserted meaning into my words that weren't even implied.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Uhhh? You called it into question by literally asking:

"So the ONLY WAY CRITICISMS ARE VALID IS IF [...]"

No, I did not, and you'd know that if you read it entirely and didn't cut the rest of the post which provides crucial context to the question, such as the usage of the very clear "so" at the beginning and what follows the if that you cut out. Though I suspect you know that and that's why you did it.

And not "growing number" per se, but totality of complaints from many different people.

My friend. Many thousands of people purchased this game, if the same dozen or even 2 dozen people keep complaining then that is easier to write-off than... Let's say a larger number. But again, this is my opinion.

I also never said anything about anyone being quiet. I'm not advocating that anyone not complain. Please, voice your concerns because as far as this game is concerned, there are many... Concerns.

I never said you said they had to be quiet, I was talking in context of your opinion. Your entire point was that there needs not be the same people complaining to make it "effective", so I asked you a simple question built around the circumstance of your opinion.

So let's try this again and if you can't or won't answer it, fine, I'll get some form of answer regardless: your opinion is that there needs to be a larger number of people complaining because the "same people" are easier to write off by TW, right? That implies that the number needs to keep expanding, and why? Because if there's currently 1000 people complaining, eventually they are going to be the same 1000 people complaining—which in your opinion—the devs will write off because it's just the "same amount of complainers". So again, in this circumstance of yours, what do those older complainers do if the devs will "write them off" because they've become the "same old complainers"?

I just want to know the rest of your rationale on this, but apparently I am never going to get an answer to that and it's become painfully obvious after your last post.

You really took some cognitive leaps and inserted meaning into my words that weren't even implied.

You presented a reasoning as to why so and so has happened and how it might resolve (with different people complaining), so I asked you to expand further on it by presenting you a question that challenged that reasoning. You failed to understand that completely. However, if it suits you better to think this or whatever else you might conjure up, you go right ahead.

No, I did not, and you'd know that if you read it entirely and didn't cut the rest of the post which provides crucial context to the question, such as the usage of the very clear "so" at the beginning and what follows the if that you cut out. Though I suspect you know that and that's why you did it.

I never said you said they had to be quiet, I was talking in context of your opinion. Your entire point was that there needs not be the same people complaining to make it "effective", so I asked you a simple question built around the circumstance of your opinion.

So let's try this again and if you can't or won't answer it, fine, I'll get some form of answer regardless: your opinion is that there needs to be a larger number of people complaining because the "same people" are easier to write off by TW, right? That implies that the number needs to keep expanding, and why? Because if there's currently 1000 people complaining, eventually they are going to be the same 1000 people complaining—which in your opinion—the devs will write off because it's just the "same amount of complainers". So again, in this circumstance of yours, what do those older complainers do if the devs will "write them off" because they've become the "same old complainers"?

I just want to know the rest of your rationale on this, but apparently I am never going to get an answer to that and it's become painfully obvious after your last post.

You presented a reasoning as to why so and so has happened and how it might resolve (with different people complaining), so I asked you to expand further on it by presenting you a question that challenged that reasoning. You failed to understand that completely. However, if it suits you better to think this or whatever else you might conjure up, you go right ahead.
What are you on about? This was my original post:
Perhaps... But complaints from the same people? If complaints do work I think they will only be effective if a wide range of different people complain... Otherwise it's just an angry circle jerk... Is it not?
I never said or implied:
Your entire point was that there needs not be the same people complaining to make it "effective",
I even started by saying perhaps to @MostBlunted. Conceding that I'm not sure - not making a certain contention. Suggesting that he may be right...
No, I did not, and you'd know that if you read it entirely and didn't cut the rest of the post which provides crucial context to the question, such as the usage of the
That was your entire post!!! I did not cut anything but your "No." in response to my asking about the angry circle jerk.
Look:

No.
That's all you said it is right above my response... Nothing was cut. I took your direct quote in its entirety, then I retyped the key elements in the beginning that clearly show what it is that you are questioning. I'm really starting to wonder if you're ok...

What are you on about? This was my original post:

I never said or implied:

I even started by saying perhaps to @MostBlunted.

I know what your original post was...? I responded to it, after all. And yes, you said it to MostBlunted, so? Am I not allowed to ask you questions on your publicly stated opinion or something?

Conceding that I'm not sure - not making a certain contention. Suggesting that he may be right...

I reacted to your post because I was curious about your rationale (opinion), thus I presented you a question on it to expand it. And yes, I know you weren't giving it as some sort of definite answer (thus your perhaps), I was merely curious how the rest of your opinion played out. You took great offense to that apparently, and still might be taking offense to it. All of which has all occurred over what is very clearly a great misunderstanding...

That was your entire post!!! I did not cut anything but your "No." in response to my asking about the angry circle jerk.
Look:
That's all you said it is right above my response... Nothing was cut.

You cut the rest out which provided the context of the question above your gif, or do you not remember doing this? Fine, you know what, whatever. Forget it. Instead, I'll focus on more important matters such as defining how my statement was a question by explaining the grammar in it: the conjunction "so" can be used to connect a previous conversation to a question. This is quite a normal way to grammatically structure a question that connects to a prior discussion, like a question such as "So, how does that movie end?" after someone might have mentioned seeing a movie. It was never a statement of fact on your opinion, it was just a question about how your opinion worked. I have now tried to correct your assumptions and clear this up several times now though. so how about this, one last time?

I never questioned that you removed validity of complainers or why they did complain, that was not the meaning of the question. I also never tried to say you told them "to be quiet", nor did I ever try to say or imply you gave your opinion as "fact" or the such. I only ever presented you a question based on your opinion on how older complainers might work in your opinion. Has that cleared it up any so that we can move this on, or do we have to continue this back and forth of "I said, you said" for several pages?

I'm really starting to wonder if you're ok...

And oh, alright, there we go. Color me surprised. ?

^^ you two
First - get a room.
Second:
Forum Rules 2.2
Keep to the topic — Try and stay on the topic of the initial post when replying.
[...]
Remember, the forums are a public arena. If you wish to talk specifically to a single user, use the private message function. That's why it’s there.

Toxicity is no contribution, it is a noxious cloud that hurts everyone involved even the ones that think they are immune to it because they are emitting it.
All you have done is drive away what little communication we had with the game developers. Well done, you should be proud of that and don't consider shutting up, instead, tell others they should. You are a piece of work to say the least...
I don't blame them to be honest. Why would someone go out of their way to fill their life with all this childish negativity when they are being paid for a job well done?
All that your ilk is doing is sabotage an already slow progress, i hope for the sake of all of us that is the end of it.
I am replying to you because you are a human, as a person however, i would not waste a single breath towards you. You are simply not worth it.

It is sad that we are impacted more with negative events in our lives than positive ones, it is a scientific fact. Bear that in mind next time you want to "contribute".
I know this game is a work in progress and i am quite happy with the progress so far. It is not ideal, but nothing ever is. I wish for more people like op to be around, because looking at moaning and crying is neither constructive nor fun after a long day of work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom