Appointing an heir when you die and how it can cost you your entire inventory

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I put this in the bugs forum already but really wanted everyone to know how terrible this mistake is and can cost you your complete inventory, I made a quick video showing what it did to me and how to avoid it.
PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did

I checked all options I could, I do have the save game file just before I died so if someone wants the file to check it out just send me a private message and I will email it to you

Funnily enough: I kind of expected something to happen to my inventory, as I didn't want to loose it during my recent playthrough I stashed everything including my gear in the town I owned. I even put my army into the garrison incase it would be lost and I was right to do so as that was what happened. So then as my younger sister I went to pick it back up and continued to conquer the world.

Funnily enough: I kind of expected something to happen to my inventory, as I didn't want to loose it during my recent playthrough I stashed everything including my gear in the town I owned. I even put my army into the garrison incase it would be lost and I was right to do so as that was what happened. So then as my younger sister I went to pick it back up and continued to conquer the world.
smarter than me, didnt realize we have to take extra steps to ensure things arent messed up, I just assumed it would work, my mistake

Well: at this point I'm used to glitches and stuff especially in unfinished games and even finished ones. To ensure things are not lost my usual list is:

Backup Savefiles: Have at least 2 savefile: no matter which game it is, finished or not. always have an extra savefile, because it sucks if the game crash or something happens while your saving and a save file becomes 'Corrupt' it can majorly F' you over if you only have one save. or a Game breaking glitch happens that basically do the same thing. So More than one save is a way to save you from lot of pain.

Another thing to note which I forgot and realized after: Sell all your workshops and caravans: while you get the lords back from caravans: Your workshops are 'owned' by your main character so you will need to buy them again on your new character and I think they can be 'lost' forever if you don't sell them prior. Now I didn't bother buying them again for my heir as I had an income of 20k+ dennars a day from all my settlements as a ruler but its worth to keep in mind. And you can restart the caravan as the Heroes will 'run away' and become available, its just tedious.

But yeah: Sorry if you lost your items and don't have a prior backup save. The solution seem to be to stash things of value and sell things like workshops off prior to death and pick it up as your heir post mc death.

Well: at this point I'm used to glitches and stuff especially in unfinished games and even finished ones. To ensure things are not lost my usual list is:

Backup Savefiles: Have at least 2 savefile: no matter which game it is, finished or not. always have an extra savefile, because it sucks if the game crash or something happens while your saving and a save file becomes 'Corrupt' it can majorly F' you over if you only have one save. or a Game breaking glitch happens that basically do the same thing. So More than one save is a way to save you from lot of pain.

Another thing to note which I forgot and realized after: Sell all your workshops and caravans: while you get the lords back from caravans: Your workshops are 'owned' by your main character so you will need to buy them again on your new character and I think they can be 'lost' forever if you don't sell them prior. Now I didn't bother buying them again for my heir as I had an income of 20k+ dennars a day from all my settlements as a ruler but its worth to keep in mind. And you can restart the caravan as the Heroes will 'run away' and become available, its just tedious.

But yeah: Sorry if you lost your items and don't have a prior backup save. The solution seem to be to stash things of value and sell things like workshops off prior to death and pick it up as your heir post mc death.
yeah I was doing a playthrough on Youtube and I went about 2 videos past it till I figured out what the problem was and didnt want to back it up is the only reason I didnt go back to a save, but I allowing your children to be heirs to the clan should be something that should be fixed right away or why have children, I thought that was the whole purpose of kids was to pass on your legacy

yes checked and wasn't there, was all gone.

[] _ []

I had thought at the very least the stash would be preserved... how concerning. Especially given that some of your most valuable possessions are either extremely rare to find in city markets (segmented armor, certain helmets, and other lord equipment), not to mention the smithed weapons...

Yeah, and without the 'Inheritance' mechanic working fully, you might as well add a character import/export mechanic (they REALLY should in the meantime).

[] _ []

I had thought at the very least the stash would be preserved... how concerning. Especially given that some of your most valuable possessions are either extremely rare to find in city markets (segmented armor, certain helmets, and other lord equipment), not to mention the smithed weapons...

Yeah, and without the 'Inheritance' mechanic working fully, you might as well add a character import/export mechanic (they REALLY should in the meantime).
your stash is fine, everything I put it in was there, was just the party that the heir was commanding would become your new party of control so your old party, which holds all your inventory items go bye bye

allowing your children to be heirs to the clan should be something that should be fixed right away or why have children, I thought that was the whole purpose of kids was to pass on your legacy
Right away, LOL! It's probably in the bucket of stuff that's been developed and "is coming to a update soon" but not this next update, the next one? The one after that? Who knows! When you read though bug reports there's piles of "solved" stuff saying "the fix is coming in a upcoming update".
I'd hope they are delaying 1.5.5 to cram more important stuff into it, but it's likely just has too many game crashing bugs still.
I don't know anything about making games but I'd hope at some point the Devs get enough exp to level up and make less bugs when they add and fix stuff!

Right away, LOL! It's probably in the bucket of stuff that's been developed and "is coming to a update soon" but not this next update, the next one? The one after that? Who knows! When you read though bug reports there's piles of "solved" stuff saying "the fix is coming in a upcoming update".
I'd hope they are delaying 1.5.5 to cram more important stuff into it, but it's likely just has too many game crashing bugs still.
I don't know anything about making games but I'd hope at some point the Devs get enough exp to level up and make less bugs when they add and fix stuff!
YOU have gotten better at Developing <176> Sry from my EQ days had to do it

One solution is to have a "Will" (like a Will in real life) of sorts that allows the player to designate their heir years in advance.

Total War does this and the eldest son gets it by default. Taking away their being a heir status lowers their loyalty, and increases it by a small amount for the recipient (Ex: second eldest son).

One solution is to have a "Will" (like a Will in real life) of sorts that allows the player to designate their heir years in advance.

Total War does this and the eldest son gets it by default. Taking away their being a heir status lowers their loyalty, and increases it by a small amount for the recipient (Ex: second eldest son).
Well here you get to "Choose" your heir, when you die. The problem with this is that only family-members that are currently 'Avalible' is able to be picked. So if your child is too young to rule at the moment of your death, you must pick one of your younger siblings for example. And then you have to play as them until they die before you get to choose again.

Back
Top Bottom