Need More Info Application crashed because a fatal error occured while checking sound bank files

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

skarin

Recruit
Summary: I can't attach an image for some reason, i can only post links, so i'm just going to type out the error message below. This is what i get when launching the game -

Application crashed because a fatal error occured while checking sound bank files.

Re-validating game files may solve this issue.
-File(s) : *.bank
-Error : validation failure

Now i've delted the Sounds/PC folder, verified the integirty and no luck.

I've completely deleted the mount and blade folder in steamapps and documents, re-installed and still no luck.

It was working fine a few days ago, i just don't understand why it;s not working, especially since i've completely deleted all folders and did a fresh install.

Any ideas please?

How to Reproduce: What does this mean?
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): What does this mean?
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 1080 Gaming x +
GPU Driver Version: 526.47
CPU: Intel i7 7700k
AM: What does AM mean?
Motherboard: Z270 Gaming M7
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung M.2 1TB

Hi Marda,
I hope you are well.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, however the files are already in there.

I downloaded your files, dragged them into the Sounds folder and replaced the files but still no luck.

Can you suggest anything else pleasE?

same issue. fresh installs multiple times, verified files multiple times, deleted all game related files (steam library, documents, programdata) tried launching from the launcher, from the exes.

I was able to solve this error by changing the "engine_config.txt" file (Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
In the file, i changed the following line "sound_device = 0" to be "sound_device = 1"
This solved the issue for me (but the error occurs again if i change the sound device)

I did deleting the Sound folder. I put sound_device = 1 in the config. Installed the latest Windows updates and rebooted the computer. Result: Everything works!
If you already had all updates installed try just restarting the computer

Back
Top Bottom