Applicants Needed (Story Writers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Wei.Xiadi

Knight at Arms
the Mongol Series, run by Ben, myself and Kongol, are at a point in our time when we need more support.  So far we three, plus the various contributors who support us in our task - have come up with what you know as the Mongol beta release.  Unfortunately however, we have big plans, big aims, and most of us also have social/personal lives to attend with as well as working on this project.

So we need some help, anything from being a moral supporter (who put our sigs in their signatures to publicitize) to modelers and scripters/coders.

We appreciate all of the contributions we recieve and the massive amount of help we've been given from people like Highlander, Knight, maw and various other people.  But we feel that it's time to expand our own team membergroup. 

Regards
Wei Xiadi

I don't know where else to put this...Our current team is:

Wei Xiadi
Kongol Kahn
Mertbey
Ben
Lords_Rings

erm..I think thats it. >.<

PLEASE PEOPLE..xD

I'm sorry but I cant help, i've got too much **** for the moment myself..  :???: 

Maybe you can post in the forge?

If you need help with the scenes, I can help you out a bit..
I'm quite free lately, since my exams are over.

I guess Ben is the one to ask about the scenes.  or, if you have msn - (a means for me to give you certain stuff) you could help test run the ger models in the scenes.  If you're experianced and you have free time like right now) we could get working on the gers, since I know everybodies looking forward to them.

and thanks for showing your interest.  We'd appreciate any work you do for us.  You're also our Screen Shot taker xD since you have the best pc out of all of us :wink:

I guess I'll sort the screenshots and my msn tomorrow. I't around 1 in the morning here..  :neutral:

Sorry, I won't be able to contribute anything solid to these series of mods, but I wouldn't mind adding one of your sigs.
I just realized, where do I get the image code for one of your sigs?

Nao, ah ahm wahrkin ahn sahm ahtha mahds raht nao, but if'n yah like ah can help wahth fixahn sahm minah issahs wahth tha cahding thah!

(Now, I am working on some other mods right now, but if you like I can help with fixing some minor issues with coding there!)

So, if you get any small errors you cant seem to figure out, just drop me a PM. I've gotten a shetload of errors in the past, so I know how to fix most problems you'd come across.

I'm willing to help, but what I can do would be rather limited. The only area of expertise I've got is testing and writing. I can help you guys out with text and story if you want.

The storyline would probably be best worked on by someone with good knowledge of mongolian history. Off the top of my head I can name 3 people who are already helping us with historical accuracy.

There is no size limit for the team, some people specialize in just texturizing more than anything else, some with modeling. I personally am only good at mapping and maybe Asian faces if i keep working at it. So every little can be good.

Well, one thing I do want to know is possible is this.  Does anybody know if there is a way to apply Mirathai's formation script to only a certain party?

And also, if there was anybody who could quickly show me how to add in Mirathai's shield bash script, their help would be much appreciated and they would of course recieve an honorable mention.

ben34698 said:
Well, one thing I do want to know is possible is this.  Does anybody know if there is a way to apply Mirathai's formation script to only a certain party?

And also, if there was anybody who could quickly show me how to add in Mirathai's shield bash script, their help would be much appreciated and they would of course recieve an honorable mention.
But not a Darwin? Pity.

About the formations, I've been looking for a way to do this, and it is quite possible, however since the script is so long it gets quite confusing. Can't really remember if it's the scripts or Mission Templates, (I think it's the scripts) but all you need to do would add (eq,this_or_next"trp_chin_swordsman"|eq,"trp_chin_crossbowman"), in the operations block. That means only Chin Crossbowmen and Chin swordsmen will follow the orders you give them. Or, I think instead of a troop you could make it "p_main_party" or "pt_chin_raiders" or what have you. (I still have yet do download this...)

However, I just thought that up off the top of my head, right now, so it probably won't work. Hell, I can't even remember if the script even has an operations block.

That's all with the module system of course, although I believe you are using .txt files, correct?

I have begun to transfer to the module system recently, but work done in troops, items, parties, party templates, scene props, ect. are in .txt files.  I currently use the module system for game menus, as well as scripts, mission templates, particles you know, the things that are gibberish in .txt.  And I thank you for your input, I will look into that.  By the way, you should download Mongol, I'm sure it is easier to give advice once you have seen the material, and I do hope you would enjoy it.

Pali Gap said:
I have begun to transfer to the module system recently, but work done in troops, items, parties, party templates, scene props, ect. are in .txt files.  I currently use the module system for game menus, as well as scripts, mission templates, particles you know, the things that are gibberish in .txt.  And I thank you for your input, I will look into that.  By the way, you should download Mongol, I'm sure it is easier to give advice once you have seen the material, and I do hope you would enjoy it.
I am quite interested in the time, I will be downloading. This mod looks great, by the way.

Kongol Khan said:
The storyline would probably be best worked on by someone with good knowledge of mongolian history. Off the top of my head I can name 3 people who are already helping us with historical accuracy.

There is no size limit for the team, some people specialize in just texturizing more than anything else, some with modeling. I personally am only good at mapping and maybe Asian faces if i keep working at it. So every little can be good.

Well, I'd like to help in any way I can. Even if it's just giving suggestions or you need someone to play for like 18 hours at a time. I can do both. lol.

The mod is really fun to play, there's just a few things that kind of bug me, but that's just things that have bugged me from the beginning or M&B, nothing to do with the mod.

Well, name a few, and even if they aren't related to Mongol, we still might be able to help.

But post them in the suggestions thread.

Pali Gap said:
if anybody can either draw or find a drawing of an ancient Chinese army, that'd be greatly appreciated.

During what year?

Kongol Khan said:

Could I help? I know a minimum of Mongolian history but I love to learn more about them :smile: So i would go through research :smile:

Back
Top Bottom