Apis Europae [AE] Masters of the Universe

Users who are viewing this thread

Killfacer said:
Yeah I agree it was a red card I just think it's a shame Muller decided to clutch his face like someone had blown his head off when Germany were already well ahead.

Yeah. Looking forward to how the US will do tonight.

Haha, yeah I guess. Honestly I hope they don't (no offense Galahad & Donut) but I don't really enjoy watching them anymore, they have a great team but the way they play is super boring imo.

~Scar said:
Haha, yeah I guess. Honestly I hope they don't (no offense Galahad & Donut) but I don't really enjoy watching them anymore, they have a great team but the way they play is super boring imo.

In addition it's not effective at all.

~Scar said:

no worries u handsome )

Spain played a **** game, but that does not mean their style of playing is not effective. It has been effective for both Barça and Spain for several years, you cannot judge it like that having just one match in mind. I agree with Scar though, that it often gets boring because having the possession all the time means less chances of playing quickly and making counterattacks (which are the most entertaining plays in football prolly).
This being said, I'm not a great fan of football but as far as I know Germany got a great team again this year, I  think they deserve to win after their performances in the last years in which (curiously) players like Kroos, Ozil and Schweinsteiger (who base their play in passes and possession) have been key ^^

Sir Galahad the Pure said:
Spain played a **** game, but that does not mean their style of playing is not effective. It has been effective for both Barça and Spain for several years, you cannot judge it like that having just one match in mind. I agree with Scar though, that it often gets boring because having the possession all the time means less chances of playing quickly and making counterattacks (which are the most entertaining plays in football prolly).
This being said, I'm not a great fan of football but as far as I know Germany got a great team again this year, I  think they deserve to win after their performances in the last years in which (curiously) players like Kroos, Ozil and Schweinsteiger (who base their play in passes and possession) have been key ^^

This. although i find spains style of football a bit boring, to call it ineffective is just wrong, they won the last 3 major tournaments they entered which is basically unprecedented. For me the main problem vs the dutch was they when Diego Costa is playing they seem to want to play in a different way. Like more through ball counter attack stuff, relying on costa's pace. Made them look disjointed and confused. Seemed like some players like Alonso was fine with it but Iniesta, Xavi wanna be playing shorter game.  I still back spain to do well this tournament, as long as they go back to playing a passing game, which they can do with diego costa despite what they seem to think.

Back
Top Bottom