AoB: Suggestion Box

Users who are viewing this thread

wave in the air is good though it would look weird if they were totaly stiff all the time but that might not be a problem if they look good enugh. also when blocking with polearms such as the melee rifles and etc. when no enemy is near they always block as if the enemy would attack with a stab attack, culd one change that so they block as if the enemy would attack your right hand side so the rifle and posebly flag when you ad then would point up in the air. or meyby ad a whole new animation for them...

well I wont use the flags as shields. I will use them as polearms. And therefor people want just be standing and blocking with them.

EDIT: No I will use them as two-handed weapons.

the main specific thing i would recommend changed in the mod would be the aiming ( Although i know aiming was supposed to be inaccurate its good to make things realistic but theres times when a mod shouldnt be that realistic )
many people would disagree with me but its just my opinion we all have our own opinions hope no one takes that as an offence lol but other than that great mod and goodluck on future releases
~Tarkz

Tarkz said:
the main specific thing i would recommend changed in the mod would be the aiming ( Although i know aiming was supposed to be inaccurate its good to make things realistic but theres times when a mod shouldnt be that realistic )
many people would disagree with me but its just my opinion we all have our own opinions hope no one takes that as an offence lol but other than that great mod and goodluck on future releases
~Tarkz

I second that suggestion... The aiming system seems almost random at times.

Like when I score a hit that counts as 14.4 difficulty but can't hit when they're like 60 meters in front and this is with a Rifle, not a musket or carbine.

Basically I'd like to know a little clearer what is going on when the bullet leaves the barrel... Does the trajectory arc like it does in real-life? Dip just a little? Fly Upwards somewhat?
Tutorial on Gun Shooting perhaps?

the shot fly straigh forward. No dip at all. But. What I am doing right know is that I am chanding so that when you are in the training fields. You use a pistol, carbine and a rifle in the ranged training.

can u maybe make a close combat weapon from a normal gun
they used it in those times to
should be the same animations as a hand axe

yea thats what i ment  :grin:
:EDIT: i just came up with the suggestion
becaus i was watching a movie of the serie Heratio Hornblower
they use it in those movies
i love it

The aiming is not so hard, if you look closely you can see enemy's in the very distance.
notsohard.jpg

i will make make some nice screenshots tonight
my english men slauthering the french
and im glad to see u are going to add tricornes hats in next release or expansion

British introduced lancers after napoleonic wars.

here`s my little suggiestion ;>

1r3j3q.jpg

prefix "exp." can be omitted in names of unit.

I`m really against making first irregular units such as "recruit" "peasant" "paysan" differing from previous one just addictional boots or colour of tunic. Battle troop tree  contains truely professionals except historical irregular formation such as prussian/austrian landwehr, russian opochlenie or french garde nationale  etc.

Another thing is value of horse charge variable, it`s too small. There`s no power of cavalry deadly charge witch broke a not only one formation in history.

cheers :smile:

ps . I recommend you a pretty nice site of napoleonic stuff http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com

British introduced lancers after napoleonic wars.

here`s my little suggiestion ;>

1r3j3q.jpg

prefix "exp." can be omitted in names of unit.

I`m really against making first irregular units such as "recruit" "peasant" "paysan" differing from previous one just addictional boots or colour of tunic. Battle troop tree  contains truely professionals except historical irregular formation such as prussian/austrian landwehr, russian opochlenie or french garde nationale  etc.

Another thing is value of horse charge variable, it`s too small. There`s no power of cavalry deadly charge witch broke a not only one formation in history.

cheers :smile:

ps . I recommend you a pretty nice site of napoleonic stuff http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com

Suggestions... Hmmm...

1) Factional troops not available unless you are in that faction. Villages giving only farmers that upgrade into the mercenary tree. If joining player at all.
2) Player Ranks. Make it so that the player needs to improve in rank to get leadership and party size. Rank would be gained by fighting in a lord vs lord battle.
3) A player would first do a few training missions (target practice) at a certain faction's barracks and thus be made a soldier. (To be able to do step 2 )

For I think that the current system (native) is too chaotic for this time period. This time period would be a lot more set and fixed. Soldiers advancing in rank instead of freelancing their way trough the world. This is just my opinion though.

Servitor

chudolf said:
I`m really against making first irregular units such as "recruit" "peasant" "paysan"
Actually. That's a great idea! Cause I always hate to get those bad troops in the start. I mean. Really when you walk throm village to village. Don't you search for the regular farmers. You search for the trained soldiers. But I think I got an idea. How about making so that "Militia" is the lowest rang. Exept for the swedish they have regulars.. cause they had a special elite troops training system. Were every villages trained a certain amount of elite troops. So when war arrived. The swedish army has a massive amount of elite troops. That's how the Caroleans were born.

chudolf said:
I reduced it to kill the mount&bladish "I am on a horse and therefor invincible" syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom