AoB: Media

Users who are viewing this thread

Venitius said:
Here's the new screenshots with the new militia, the marines, the Prussians and the Caravan guards. Mainly militia though. Need to work on the uniforms, and there are only two varieties. If anyone wants to, here's the link to my Photobucket Album, where most of my screenshots and other junk is stored. (By the way, those Empire: Total War skins aren't mine)

mb1-2.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4-2.jpg

mb5-2.jpg

mb6-2.jpg

mb7-2.jpg

mb8-2.jpg

mb9-1.jpg

mb10-2.jpg

mb11-2.jpg

mb12-2.jpg

I don't know if they're historial or whatever but...

God damn those top hats look way too silly in my eyes.

Venitius said:
British Marines wore Top Hats into battle.

I'm guessing the reason they look so silly for me is because everyone who uses them go bald

Talking about hair... did Soldiers of that time(Or earlier I'm not sure) Really wear those Silly wigs(If you know what I'm talking about)?

Oh, I can't model wigs and not many people wore them as much during the Napoleonic Wars.  I need to edit the top hat models again though. Also, in order for their hair to to spring out of their hats suddenly, I have to tick the "covers hair" option in item editor. If I don't it appears stupid/hair growing out of hat.

British banner finished. Should it be a weapon or a shield?

Venitius said:
Oh, I can't model wigs and not many people wore them as much during the Napoleonic Wars.  I need to edit the top hat models again though. Also, in order for their hair to to spring out of their hats suddenly, I have to tick the "covers hair" option in item editor. If I don't it appears stupid/hair growing out of hat.

Make it some kind of big spear... the way units hold banners as shields is weird.

Venitius said:
A two handed weapon. The way that soldiers hold their two handed weapons in M&B fits very well for a banner. A screenshot would be nice too!  :wink:

JDeNef13

Editing the model now. There are currently colours for the following countries/states:

United Kingdom
France
Prussia
Austria
Russia
Sweden
Portugal
Dutch Republic/United Provinces
Bourbons

The flags are from the excellent mini-mod for Empire Total War, Empire Total War Flags. I've asked permission and I have it, and credits have been updated. They are a bit out of date, but look excellent. They're a bit iffy, but they'll be fine. I can't animate it unfortunately. Not that I can anyway.

Venitius said:
Editing the model now. There are currently colours for the following countries/states:

United Kingdom
France
Prussia
Austria
Russia
Sweden
Portugal
Dutch Republic/United Provinces
Bourbons

The flags are from the excellent mini-mod for Empire Total War, Empire Total War Flags. I've asked permission and I have it, and credits have been updated. They are a bit out of date, but look excellent. They're a bit iffy, but they'll be fine. I can't animate it unfortunately. Not that I can anyway.
Nice! Those ETW banners are very good!

JDeNef13

The siege of Verdun, which took three assaults to conquer, originally on 129 or so difficulty and reduced to 47, playing with cheats and a cheated character for testing purposes. Originally, whenever we managed to gain a foothold on the ladders, which was held by Grenadiers, Fusiliers and National Guard, enemy Light Infantry and Fusiliers and National Guard poured fire into us. Eventually we managed to over-come them. And yes, I was stupid enough to use Hussars in a siege, when I should have gotten dragoons. I originally only had Hussars, Highlanders and Line Infantry. I should enable Axes as merchandise and make companions sappers.

mb2-1.jpg

mb3-1.jpg

mb4-3.jpg

mb5-3.jpg

mb6-3.jpg

mb7-3.jpg

mb8-3.jpg

mb9-2.jpg

mb10-3.jpg

mb11-3.jpg

This is from an earlier game which I cancelled after noticing that the "shoes" item, because I had edited the model, weren't rigged so screwed up the screen until their wearers were dead.

mb1-4.jpg

JDeNef13 said:
Nice screens! Yes please make Standard Bearers! I want my soldiers to carry their motherland's flag into battle! :smile:

JDeNef13
Heh. Well this have I've been trying to polish up so  it looks really cool..

This is the things I wanted for my Banners
1. Every nation uses different banners
2. The Banners wave in the air (using Vertex Animations)
3. They hold them in a cool and proper way
4. That they are used as shields yet shall you not be able to block with them. Or that you used them as a 2nd Weapon or a Polearm
5. They are big and clearly showes what nation you are in

That was what I planned.. The hard part is getting the Vertex Animation to look cool.. I mean. In ETW. did they use the same system.. however. they have like 1000 different steps.. I have only like top 12... :razz:

I honestly can't be bothered to make officer and ensign units. Or sappers and engineers at that. I considered making Royal Artillery and giving them spontoons and axes, but that would be unfair.

EDIT= Has anyone noticed that a generic rifleman in my screens looks like Firentis? The only NPC I had was that Jeremus dude who has the flag.

eh? Anyway, just got owned trying to attack Grunwalder with 200 against some 600 Russians, mainly Cossacks. It appears the load of spears I gave them helped.

JDeNef13 said:
AThe way that soldiers hold their two handed weapons in M&B fits very well for a banner.

JDeNef13

And dont forget to make banner non attackable :grin:

freakin' awesome Venitius! When you will release the next version? And are this caravan guard/master uniforms will be in?

Once JD has finished the Dutch-Belgians and I've added them, there will be a release coming. Cuirrys for all factions except the Brits. Caravan Guard & Militia uniforms are in.

Very nice work on the Cuirassiers!!! I'm gonna post some screenies of the new uniforms... (little preview :smile: )

JDeNef13

Back
Top Bottom