Anyway to decrease time spent to mod client?

Users who are viewing this thread

When I code serverside, you just need to reconnect to the server. But when you compile whole client, you have to close game and re open it. How do you guys handle it?

Solution
Windowed Mode, View -> Restore Module Data (does have hiccups for some things so you will still have to restart sometimes)
Edit: You can also use this while on a server, but some values are lost (I think slot values, but I'm not 100% sure and haven't tested it either - global vars seem to be retained)
Windowed Mode, View -> Restore Module Data (does have hiccups for some things so you will still have to restart sometimes)
Edit: You can also use this while on a server, but some values are lost (I think slot values, but I'm not 100% sure and haven't tested it either - global vars seem to be retained)

Upvote 1
Solution
If you are in windowed modus you can also simply reload the module system when you are at the start menu. It's one of the options at the top bar, reloading module system or such.
Thanks both, lol I wasn't aware of this feature.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom