Anything happen when the game ends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello...

I've finally captured every town and castle in the game and all the kings have left the continent...

The game is still going.  I haven't seen a cut-scene deal or anything like that.. just a little sentence saying that my faction is the only one left.

Am I missing some sort of option or is there anything I need to do now?

I've waited a few days and so far nothing... (A little bug:  When you send someone out to "spy" a faction when there are no more factions.. the game will freeze on that screen and not allow you to leave it short of 'hard exit' of the game... close window etc..)

I guess I was kind of hoping for a little movie showing my history.. exploits... how totally awesome I was to conquer the whole game world etc.. etc.. etc..  but it sort of fizzled out.

Thanks all!

SER

I had read somewhere before that the more awesome your faction becomes, the more aggressive the other factions become against you, which results in a massive ganging against your many juicy cities, resulting in sheer pwn and leveling of the playing field, making sure that one faction does not rule all.  However, it seems that your faction is just so immensely awesome, other factions simply do not exist any more and you have beaten the game in the most obsene way possible.

Shame on you for being so awesome.

It is possible that there simply is no more gameplay after this point of one faction rules all, since it could be hardcoded that a single faction is not actually ment to rule all.  I could be wrong, but this is what I have heard.

That is true.. I am totally awesome.

I went through each faction one at a time pretty much.. while letting others bash each other.  At the end the last city had like 56 Counts with something like 20-150 troops each... I had only 15 out of 25 of my guys show up but we all had over 150 or so... So it was a battle of thousands.  (The Rodoks were sieging a nearby town at the same time I was trying to get their last town for myself... so they had maybe double that.)

At the end I was thinking there would be something...  Will the Taleworlds guys call me up and congratulate me on bring this great at their game?  Maybe I should update my contact info?

I guess now you can go to the camp menu and "Retire from adventuring". Or you could export your character and start a new game  :smile:

If you were playing Warband on Steam, you would have gotten the Golden Throne achievement. Maybe you can load your save game using steam warband, and perhaps you could get the achievement. Or replay your last epic battle on steam warband if you have a backup save.

It would have been awesome to have a 10 second cut-scene like the wedding...except without the bride (or groom), of your character being coronated as the new awesome emperor, followed by a pop-up asking if you want to continue this awesome game or retire in your awesomeness...that would have been....awesome....

..but why is this in the Diplomacy board?

It is simple why this question would be in the Diplomacy Board.  For the Hardest entity to open diplomatic threa- Talks with is yourself.

Hello,

I asked in these forums cause Diplomacy is the only version I like to play.. and didn't know if the gang had tweaked anything for the ending.

As far as I know.. it doesn't really 'end' .. you just continue to play.  I did that Retire from Adventuring deally and they gave me a score.. which looked pretty good.  I never raided any villages... I had a good number of Heroes left over... I never welshed on a deal or was a back stabber.. I did a lot of missions, married someones sister, had only like 3 enemies but 100 friends... 

But... in the end I became a successful tavern keeper who one night was dragged out into the street and beaten to death by a group of Rhodokian midgets that I had evidently slighted in my youth during a night of debauchery in Yalen.  Who would have seen that coming?  Rather disappointing end to conquering the continent.

It's a vanilla 'issue', so maybe you should make your voice heard in a suggestion thread in the Warband SP forum. I am not sure why the developers did not bother to do an 'end game' cutscene. It's kind of puzzling. It doesn't seem that hard to implement...just a cut-scene, triggered by a script that checks to see when all non-player factions have been destroyed, sort of like the Total War games. Sure, some players will invariably complain that they want more than that, which they would do for just about any other game that doesn't have a 2 hour movie at the end that tells you what happened to every single one of your companions and their grandmothers, but at least it would be something. Maybe the developers were not expecting many players to ever conquer the entire map...I've never managed it. *shrugs*

Would be awesome if a random castle was given to a Peasant Revolutionary faction after you conquer every castle - peasant revolutionaries would have MASSIVE armies of weak troops and they are at permawar with you.

Back
Top Bottom