Anyone Remember old Netstorm RTS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks we are working very hard to do justice to an old classic :smile: also  if all goes well with the upcoming testing on new internal build of RS we should be able to release Rising Storm public Alpha 3

New generators now in-game and working!
rsgenes.jpg

And here is a screenshot from the internal test we did last night of me vs our gfx artist CaptainNeeda in MP!

WARRRRRRRRRRRRR.jpg

I tried to take the center of the map just as needa did and resulted in a long and bloody fight for middle island and and as we were trying take center we both also tried to outflank the other.. by the battles end I had managed to push to needa's main island but even then with Needa's years of playing NS I was having a hard time breaking through his last defense line..

Over the past week our texture artist Fenglong has been busy doing a set of brand new island edging meshes to replace the older flatter island edging meshes. The new meshes help to give islands a more natural organic feel and once we finish making a few more adjustments to the island system islands will at last have a truly organic look in shape and will set the stage for implementing edge farms onto islands!

RSIslandsEdges.png

Fenglong is also working on new build up animation effects for units so once those are ready we hope to be able to showcase those!

Our head coder the high-priest of coding Duhprey has not been idle and has been very busy implementing the set of bug fixes from submitted bug reports and also implementing new features along with the priest capture and sacking systems so players can now sac enemy priests and perform the ceremony. Duhprey will be taking a short vacation this week but he said he will be bringing his computer with him and once he returns he hopes to submit the new team build for testing and then if all is stable with the new team build we will be moving to release public Alpha 3 of rising storm for public play-testing!

Big update today guys :smile: Feng_Long has posted the two new renders showing off the new texture work done on the outpost building and sun stone tower :smile: warning images may cause drooling :grin:

If you click on image it will take you to Feng_Longs Dev account where a much large version for wall papers can be downloaded :smile:

And here is a promo render showing some of the detailing work on the outpost! still some tweaks to be done on the roof still but pretty much the outpost now looks way better then before when it had a temp texture slapped on it :smile:

Outpost02.png

Enjoy Guys

Ladies and Gentlemen :smile: Today I am very pleased to announce we have some brand new content updates from the Rising Storm fan tribute project to showcase!

These following pictures where first posted on the Colony of gamers forum this morning the COG site got first look and are now being posted here..

To start off we have a brand new rain player unit ready to showcase that is the ever handy Acid barricade!

01-ABarricade-Solo.png

02-AcidBarricade-Dissolve.png

So as droplets of the rains of life can bring life to parched soils and land so can the elements of rain erode and dissolve! Unknown Rain Priest

Feng has also finalized the ice cannon along with its ice shard projectile!

03-IceCannon-Solo.png

Feng our head texture artist and modeler has also done new island textures to allow for unit platforms for rain player to now have an icy snow cover and main islands owned by rain to also have snow these updates will be implemented soon!

Lastly here is a group shot showing the new platforms and rain units all together!

04-GroupShot.jpg

Not that very visible but in background of the group shot is the rain temple! Feng has started re-skinning the temple and bring it up to quality to match all other rain units and also fix errors that were with the temple! Once the rain temple is re-textured it will look much better in-game and also be more optimized.

Small update: Our new coder working alongside our other coder has recently implemented the below islands details so islands are no longer flat! there are still adjustments to be made to correct the texture the undersides use so they match up with islands side detail texture then it will be a seamless look for both the islands edges and the undersides!

Againstthemightofthunder.jpg

Over the past few days I have been trying my hand at trying to do a little texturing been working on unwrapping the Rain Cloud Floater unit and getting some basic textures applied to it so its not just a white blank model ingame :smile: just wanted to share the WIP let me know what you guys and gals think :smile:

CloudfloaterWIPRender5.jpg

It was and still parts left on it to unwrap still! but I got the main parts unwrapped.. but I think its looks good so far esp since I am still a beginner at texturing and unwrapping.

Ladies and Gentlemen :smile: I am very pleased to announce Feng our texture artist on RisingStorm has put together a brand new nice shiny promo render highlighting the newly finished Man O Wars and the Rain faction Ice tower barricade units!

IceManoPromo.png

The Rising Storm project team is very pleased to announce that our texture and model artist Fenglong has just finished redesigning and modeling the new Thunder cannon for the Thunder faction!  With that said today we are happy to unveil for public showing the new thunder unit in all its glory!

Feng has also put together a short video to showcase the newly finished model!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TK2YlMxNB4

And besides the new model our two very very hard working coders Duhprey and Jharger have been hard at work in the depths of the RS code on implementing further of the lobby system features and new gui's a long with ensuring stability,  work is also slowly getting done on new tools being added into the map editor to allow for smoother map creation along with campaign creation once that is ready to roll out! so stay posted and we hope to have a new playable release for the public to play test soon!

Back
Top Bottom