Anyone Remember old Netstorm RTS?

Users who are viewing this thread

quick update of the new edge farms for the flying islands the nymbians live on. these new edge farm plants will go on the edges of the islands on area's that bridges cant be built from.

RisingStormEdgeFarms.jpg

The old Wrig base was lacking in style so we did a new more improved detailed one that will be replacing the older mesh. this is a ref shot of the new model :smile:

RisingStorm_whirly_baseupdate.png

We are at a point that we need to expand our network testing so we are looking for more people to help with MP testing, we are looking for people that can spend at least one day a week playing a games and testing latest builds and reporting back so we can get some hard testing done.

Anyone willing to help out with testing out MP in Rising Storm?

Our one texture artist sent in an update on the Altar building mesh along with the new changes and normalmap texture to go with the texture for the Altar,  we were pleased enough with the current state of the texturing on the Altar that we thought it was time to give the public a glimpse, so we took a few screen-shots to show everyone! we will be doing some further changes on the altar texture at a later date but for now we will be getting this version in game so the altar will no longer be untextured in-game.

RisingStormAltartextured.jpg

RisingStormAltartextured2.jpg

RisingStormAltartextured3.jpg

RisingStormAltartextured4.jpg

Last night I put together a video from the latest build of the project!  also with recent tweaks and optimization before I was getting 30 to 60 FPS I am now getting 180 to 190 FPS once we get the rest of optimization speed will increase more.

here is link to youtube video showing latest build of Rising Storm in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDw__tI-x2g

Thanks guys for the comments :smile:, I played NS a lot when the demo came out and then got a full version in 2000 when I was able to pick up a copy still even have my book of nimbus that came with the game! and we are working hard to stay true to the world of the original.

Its been a few week or so since our last news update on the project but we have been busy working hard on Rising Storm and today we are pleased to showcase the newly just about finished and textured Rain Workshop for the rain faction that our texture artist Feng has been busy normal mapping and getting textured.

We have put together three renders of the newly finished Rain rain workshop.

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured1.jpg

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured2.jpg

RisingStormrainworkshopTextured3.jpg

Thanks Moss :smile:  we are doing everything we can to keep the original aesthetic look and style for buildings and game play. Also soon we will have the Golem resource collecting unit textured and ready to show :smile:

Quick render showing current work in progress on the Nimbian below ground home. slowly making progress adjusting the detailing and changing parts of the mesh got the detailing added in around the well will soon work on replacing the temp surrounding cliffs.

Islandshomes7.jpg

We are sticking to the original game art for the Nimbian below ground homes for the islands detailing mesh with a little changes giving a little more details

This is version two of the rain generator mesh that will be replacing the current one in-game that we had done earlier. we feel this newer version is a much better model.

raingenversion2.png

We are very pleased to showcase some brand new images from the RS project that show off shadows cast by buildings and better lighting on islands and also the newly implemented air units that have recently been implemented and are now in-game..

RisingStormBuild40ingame.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame2.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame3.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame4.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame5.jpg

We have now gotten more air units and resource collectors in :smile: the following units now work in game!

Sail Skater
Air Ship
Sun Balloon

And we have updated the sun barricade effect to look less garish and bright and more natural, here are a few more pictures :smile:

RisingStormBuild40ingame09.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame11.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame12jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame13.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame14.jpg

RisingStormBuild40ingame15.jpg

Fenglong a few days ago sent in the update for the wind generator for the wind faction in Rising Storm for players that are aligned with the wind fury, and this morning Feng posted the update on the thunder generator mesh so players aligned with the Thunder fury will now be able to build the thunder generator to power thunder units!

RSThunderGen.jpg

RSWindGenerator.jpg

Duhprey our head coder has not been idle and has been busy fixing resource collecting looping problems in multi-player games and also "Fingers crossed" fixing mid game lockup in multi-player we still have to do some testing on the latest team build he uploaded for the team to test but if all goes well with that Duhprey will be able to put that on the list of slain major game bugs!

And also a short youtube video showing basic workshop upgrading now working ingame but with out the workshop upgrade spark effect implemented!

http://www.youtube.com/v/vMqvpkeH_9U&feature

The unity engine has been nice to work with, it has a rather easy work flow for getting content into the game and allows open source modeling tools to be used like blender.  There are still some area's that I am not to pleased with the engine but with the last update they put out they did fix a few of the issues I had..

Back
Top Bottom