anyone playing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pantheon said:
never seen one person :/
That's odd, played yesterday evening for like two hours straight.
Do you see just empty servers or no servers at all? Because if the latter then there must be something wrong on your side.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Pantheon said:
Do you see just empty servers or no servers at all? Because if the latter then there must be something wrong on your side.

cant find any server eider I can see other wb servers. ... found 1 but only whit  6 players. That doesn't sound like active...

kifli said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
Pantheon said:

cant find any server eider I can see other wb servers. ... found 1 but only whit  6 players. That doesn't sound like active...

no patch = no activity  :ohdear:

Phhbbbt, patch smatch, this is one of the most feature rich and polished mods ever made for the game. The only reason I don't play is the map and game mode choices- and the player base, which is ultimately the reason for the first problems. Invasion? Fine, just make it interesting, don't pick the boring maps where AI bugs out and gets stuck. This is a good looking mod with loads of great features, but apparently people spend time downloading and installing to have an easy time of murdering NPCs who can't get through open doors (the keep on the bridge map for example). Where is the fun in that? There is little sense of team play, often players stand in front of the rest to get easy kills against most of the bots before fleeing when an unmanageable number come along, naturally blocking their teammates' line of fire and obliging everyone to run away.

I've said this before but I'll repeat it yet again; the most fun I ever had on this mod was virtually the first time I played it, and with a few exceptions I haven't had an experience to match it. It was that map with the large white fort at the top of a long slope, a slope criss-crossed by a number of earth banks with wooden stakes on top. At the bottom of the slope the banks end and there is a flat plain.

It was invasion game mode and the entire team (about 100 of us) was down at the edge of the plain, guarding the central gap between earth banks. We had plenty of pikes, halberds and muskets in that central gap (about 20 feet or so wide) and musketmen along the tops of the banking, firing at the hordes of infantry and cavalry that came at us. A small number of our team were cavalry and they pestered the enemy from the flanks. I was in the central block of pikes most of the time with polearms of various sorts. It was fantastic. We were gradually worn down and the survivors were harried on the way back up the hill, and only a very few boring folk had camped up in the fort to snipe for ages at the AI (which couldn't climb the ladders to the top of the wall).

That sounds suspiciously like one of the better times we had in Invasion as the Lucky Dogs.
At any rate; you're quite right about the whole thing in that battle is almost always the superior experience to Invasion. If you're interested in playing with like-minded folks Dan, feel free to poke over the Hoary Hounds and Lucky Dog threads in the subforum.  :wink:

Thanks Leifr, I might do that some time  :smile: I might join an event as a pubber if possible, I'm not up for being part of a regiment though I'm afraid.

EDIT: Ah! I see from your thread that this is the very thing your band accommodates, nice!

Correct!
The Lucky Dogs are the core group.
The Hoary Hounds are our secondary group made specifically to cater for casuals and pubbers!  :smile:

Hit me up on Steam and I'll keep you in the loop as to when and where we're fighting.

Back
Top Bottom