ANyone playing BL with no smithing allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've used smithing maybe once since EA release and never touched it again, the balance is broken and the implementation is boring with the stamina bar + random pieces being unlocked instead of the ones you specifically deconstructed, am still waiting on the overhaul for it TW talked about months ago.

Seriously? I never took vantage out of selling smithed items - I see no point in that. Game is easy enough without it. I do smith items for personal use - for example 2h maces to wound instead of kill. But I do not sell them to get ahead with money - I trade to get gold. This is "sandbox" game - so you do what you want, what gives you pleasure to play... I could use console to get gold, I could use smithing - but I don't see any fun is that so I don't.
However I do level up smithing on one of the characters cause I want too... Just do not sell verpriced items he/she makes.

I've never really had a problem with the income mechanics w/o using crafting. Building up your bank account and adding more income sources is all part of the progression process, and if I feel like I can't just easily afford a large max tier party, that's good IMO. I like that you can't just maintain an army of the best troops without also feeling the pressure. They're also making changes to equipment pricing to make the highest tier stuff more obtainable, so that will probably end up being a moot point anyway.

To be honest, if people don't enjoy smithing and are just abusing it to generate money, I don't see why you wouldn't just open up the console and grant yourself a few hundred grand and save yourself those 6 hours.

I almost think smithing should be removed as a player skill and implemented as a Blacksmith city-based vendor where you can select what you want them to make, and they make it for you (the higher the stats and tiers, the higher the price), with location-specific weapon options (similar to barbers). I love being able to make custom weapons, but I don't know if the smithing fits into the game very well as a player skill

no smith can stay...alot good weapons u can craft and use, that you will not find..they just need resolve the prices thats all..

ya ive noticed i use 90% of my time on prepping (army, politics, companions, upgrades, trading, smithing etc.) than actually doing battles - will be my next playthrough - NO TRADING of armor/weapons/materials - only food and horses - Only battles and whatever gear it drops! - and i will just join whatever army is running - less talk/trading and more pew pew

I once not so long ago made a FULL party (200+) of horses (melee) i thought i would be op but lost half my party to a small warband of 120ish infantry mostly..... for some reason all those horses just clustered together and was an easy target for infantry... lesson learned. Dont waste too much time making a perfect party of elite soldies. A sword is a sword and it kills whatever it hits
Careful what you wish for. Most of the time you will find your faction in such a constant state of war you WISH you had the time so you could do something, ANYTHING but fight another battle.

I almost think smithing should be removed as a player skill and implemented as a Blacksmith city-based vendor where you can select what you want them to make, and they make it for you (the higher the stats and tiers, the higher the price), with location-specific weapon options (similar to barbers). I love being able to make custom weapons, but I don't know if the smithing fits into the game very well as a player skill
That's a great point. Smithing is too out of place as a skill, would be much better as a facility.

Didn't see this until Oakenlix quoted you but yeah I agree.

Honestly on a lot of things, I feel Taleworlds got way too ambitious and went for overly complicated systems rather than simple and fun game mechanics. In fact it really feels like the vast majority of issues could be resolved by stepping back, removing much of the complex mechanics and formulas that are difficult to balance and replacing with simpler solutions that focus on common sense and fun. Your Smithing example is a prime example of what I mean.

Basically instead of this complex crafting mechanic with stamina, parts unlocking, smelting and forging that creates tons of exploits where you can make simple weapons that sell for huge sums, just go with your suggestion which would be a simple and fun way for a player to buy top end items at control pricing.

Back
Top Bottom