Anyone planning to make a mod to disable the short-cut to NPC conversation buttons?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I really hope that someone makes a mod to do this?

So then you have to go into the taverns and into the town centres to find NPCs before you can talk to them. For me, this massively adds to game immersion and gives people a reason to visit different places and scenes. It helps you to feel part of a living and breathing Calradian world.

Back in Warband, I hated going around the taverns looking for a slaver to sells my prisoners to. Now, I really miss doing that.

Most of the poeple were annoyed by requirement for a lenghty walk whenever you wanted to talk to someone. This fast convo options help focus on the improvement instead of waiting for location to be loaded, walking 200m just to ask guild master if he has some quests. And I guess that not clicking o to the portraits has to do for now, as demand for this is incredibly low

Most of the poeple were annoyed by requirement for a lenghty walk whenever you wanted to talk to someone. This fast convo options help focus on the improvement instead of waiting for location to be loaded, walking 200m just to ask guild master if he has some quests. And I guess that not clicking o to the portraits has to do for now, as demand for this is incredibly low
I have a suspicion that I am far from alone in this. But we will see. And I don't think you are in any position to make such a certain declaration, saying that demand is incredibly low.

Let's wait and see what the rest of the community thinks hey?

Can't you still take the long way to talk to characters? You don't have to use the quick talk option. You can just enter the tavern and walk over to the npc

Yes, but I would love a mod so that when I feel lazy .... I don't have the option to take a short cut.
I am planning to do this but the mod tools are so bugged atm that it is a pain in the ***. Constantly crashing.
It will take lot of time to have some stable modding environment.

You are not alone, I also miss conversations with companions about their skills and gear, to send messages to the lords to gather army, or speak with lords, ask who they support and other things. it adds some feeling that the world is alive when you have to walk around town sometimes or manually talk with someone, now bannerlord is about actions in menus, no immersion. I also would like to see some mods like that in future, I sure they will be.

I would love this mod if cities and villages didnt feel so bland. I want games of dice and vagabonds mugging me in every alleyway, orphans who follow and pester me for money/adoption incessantly, townsfolk that do something apart from wandering aimlessly forever with no character at all.

At the moment if feels like there is zero reason to go into towns besides talking to key people so it would become the same chore it was in warband.

Thats why they need to add dynamic encounters to when your just walking around. Some beneficial, some dangerous and others mysterious. Would utterly change the flavor of the town and village scenes if things could happen on their own

I like walking/riding to people I need to talk to in scenes just for the immersion but its always nice to have the option in times of laziness

No reason to visit any town scene period. That was supposed to be one of the main immersion ideas in Bannerlord.
This ^ 100%
One of the biggest bits of hype for me was maybe there'd actually be something to do now in the bigger city scenes and such in Bannerlord, maybe they'd feel alive.

Nope. About as much reason to wander in scenes as there is in Warband, i.e. zero

I have a suspicion that I am far from alone in this. But we will see. And I don't think you are in any position to make such a certain declaration, saying that demand is incredibly low.

I do not think that my personal opinion matters anyway, I just speak from the modder perspevtive, as I see no urging post on this (lack of) feature - hence not big of a demand.

I do not think that my personal opinion matters anyway, I just speak from the modder perspevtive, as I see no urging post on this (lack of) feature - hence not big of a demand.
I think actually there are many of such post on the forum. I believe most of the complaints of lack of immersion is partly related to this issue with fiefs.
We will see what will be possible to mod in the intown scenes. Anyway the first step is to have unique scenes for towns. Otherwise any intown immersion attempt cannot succeed. Identical town scenes breaks imetsion immediately.

I am planning to do this but the mod tools are so bugged atm that it is a pain in the ***. Constantly crashing.
It will take lot of time to have some stable modding environment.
???

None of the mod tools would help you disable the quick talk feature, unless there was a second round of them released when I wasn't looking.

Once stable, in however <time period> long that takes, then I'd consider something like that. For now given I play to see how things change between versions I don't wish to do that particular routine. I'm restarting tons of times, and thats fine that's the nature of EA, but for that reason I want to limit the things I repeat to that which I enjoy and such walking around, for now, is limited to only a few missions which is also fine for I consider that part of the process to complete the mission

For me, this would only be worth it if there were random events that happened in towns + gaining skills while walking around like Athletics. It would also be cool to walk in hardwood production villages and get some hardwood by cutting trees with axes. Some small details like this would be dope
Game just needs more side-activities first of all I guess

I do want more reasons for us to have a dialogue with NPCs, but I do not miss loading a scene for very minor, repetitive conversations. It's better that they added a menu option for things that you repeat 1000 times.

I do want more reasons for us to have a dialogue with NPCs, but I do not miss loading a scene for very minor, repetitive conversations. It's better that they added a menu option for things that you repeat 1000 times.
Yes a pre-game menu option to enable or disable conversation shortcuts would be ideal. That no one can complain and everyone's happy.

Last edited:

You're definitely not alone. Stuff like that, encyclopaedia with "fog of war" and not knowing if there's a tournament or quest going on... all of these tick my boxes. Regarding the one you specify, I'd rather have it off, but at least I can ignore it and enter the settlement.
I find that incorporating the (once mod) settlement icons for quests and tournaments more concerning. I know most people like it, but not everyone and it should have remained a mod IMHO.

Why would anyone need to disable a button?

If you want the emersion, just enter the town and walk there. Problem solved.

???

Back
Top Bottom