Anyone planning to make a mod to disable the short-cut to NPC conversation buttons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly all the power to you if you want this on a mod, in vanilla hell no, quick talk was a basic feature most mods incorporated in warband because of the convenience, some times you are in the mood for immersion and walking to the npcs, other times you are in a hurry with more important things and just need to talk to someone quickly to return to what matters.

A nice compromise would be to hide the buttons until the player has found the NPCs on scene for the first time.
Like hell it is.

Do you really want to load into a town scene for the 2500th time, track down whatever dip**** notable is hanging around nowhere near the gate, just to deliver that herd of sheep?

It would be a nice modding idea if:
1. you couldn't do that already, but you can.
2. loading time wouldn't be a pain in the ***
Well if its a mod and you don't want it... then obviously dont download the mod. Lol

However, as others have already shown in this old thread, there are several people who would appreciate the option of something like this.

Honestly all the power to you if you want this on a mod, in vanilla hell no, quick talk was a basic feature most mods incorporated in warband because of the convenience, some times you are in the mood for immersion and walking to the npcs, other times you are in a hurry with more important things and just need to talk to someone quickly to return to what matters.
+

This was one of the most annoying things for me in vanilla Warband back then.

You are not alone, I also miss conversations with companions about their skills and gear, to send messages to the lords to gather army, or speak with lords, ask who they support and other things. it adds some feeling that the world is alive when you have to walk around town sometimes or manually talk with someone, now bannerlord is about actions in menus, no immersion. I also would like to see some mods like that in future, I sure they will be.
Me to, I miss these actions as well, I would like there to be a grand menu option to only make characters available in the menu’s after you have talked to them before, with greyed out portraits. This way you can still see if there is a quest available

Sorry, genuinely don't get the issue even after reading the thread 3 times. I would understand if the option was invasive and needed to be disabled but it's purely optional and you aren't forced to perform NPC telepathy. You can make it immersive yourself?

This is all assuming the surroundings are actually interesting enough to be begin with - they are not, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom