Anyone know what happened with Cheyron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe you guys know Cheyron who mods for Bannerlord, "Garrison do something", "Supply lines", etc. Well seems he has disappeared? Banned from Nexus, all mods gone, even discord channel and youtube channel seem to be gone? What happened, does anyone know?

Edit: I suppose he could get unbanned if he talked to the mods but he seems pretty much done with the modding scene anyway, people complaining, etc.

Last edited:

I see, how unfortunate. I liked his mods. Thanks for the link.

Edit: I suppose he could get unbanned if he talked to the mods but he seems pretty much done with the modding scene anyway, people complaining, etc.

It's not like he needs to be on nexus, just having his discord could have been enough and then he could at least filter out people if necessary. Hope he comes back, some of his mods are essential imo. Well, if you see this, thanks for the mods Cheyron.

That's a damn shame. He made some good mods. But if the guy's that sensitive then it was bound to happen sooner or later. If you're going to be doing anything public-facing, you need to develop a thicker skin. The world's full of assholes and throwing hissy fits only attracts more of them to you.

Yeah, getting trolled, complained to, etc. comes with the territory. The moment when it becomes too much to handle, as an individual, that's when you should just step back from being accessible though. Just ignore people instead of rage quitting.

Yeah but no. As someone who've been involved in various non-professional projects (mods, freeshards), let's not normalize ****ty behavior or put the blame on developers, especially when they're doing this for free usually. Remove the community aspect and there's no reason to continue. That being said I don't know the details here, I just wanted to point out that saying "he should grow a thicker skin" isn't acceptable.

From what i read on the linked post for someone to snap like that it takes a lot. This isn't an issue of "thicker skin" it's much deeper and serious.

But it is of psychological nature for sure.
Still, in my opinion, altough the response was intense it was probably coming and somewhat intended.

Cutting yourself like that means that he has been pondering about quitting for a while.
That last vent was the realization he was done for good.

Yeah but no. As someone who've been involved in various non-professional projects (mods, freeshards), let's not normalize ****ty behavior or put the blame on developers, especially when they're doing this for free usually. Remove the community aspect and there's no reason to continue. That being said I don't know the details here, I just wanted to point out that saying "he should grow a thicker skin" isn't acceptable.
Well you can hope for everyone on the internet to become better people but its not gonna happen. It looks like it was one guy that got under his skin and so he takes his ball and goes home, punishing every other user, most of whom are nothing but respectful? Sorry, that's uncool behavior.

This.

In cheyrons case, there was a particular guy who said he should abandon modding and make a youtube channel, so he did that ironically, but nexus frowned on that. The reasons are clearly because they were exhausted from taking crap, as well as living in a toxic place (the us).

Its not just one or other guy. It was loads of them. Another big modder started trashing him for not doing enough modding (even though the guy has been modding since first EA). Then there were the guys harassing him for "trash mods" because they wouldnt do what they wanted and crap like that.

Plus the toxic behaviour of crusaderaboos incels who think they are the holders of the grail. Disagreeable interactions and unpleasantness are expected of public relations, however, the medievalist scene has a ton of templar-wannabes who think they are the holders of armchair honor, who cry out for masculine man, but scream in agony the moment they see a woman or a person of color in their game. And people just treating it as normal or ignoring makes these vocal masses grow and become the norm, to the point that people find it suitable to just "meh, should have more balls" "shouldve been less sensible".

"People behave like dumbasses on the internet, waddya gunna dobboutit?" Is just an excuse for keeping the status quo of toxicity.

Last edited:
I just checked and Cheyron's name pops up 14 times on my Vortex.

The internet is heaven for bullies, and they found out they are not alone.

"People behave like dumbasses on the internet, waddya gunna dobboutit?" Is just an excuse for keeping the status quo of toxicity.
It's also coming from people who have never once been in a position similar to this one, or under any kind of spotlight. They can't possibly understand how it feels to get insulted or defamed by dozens of people over pretty much anything (updates too slow, bugs still not fixed, and little hint to the other post where people justify their toxic behavior by the fact that TaleWorlds didn't listen to them: community ideas not implemented). There's a reason why devs of any company typically don't deal with the community themselves, and why community managers are a thing. It's literally someone's job to take the heat, and to act as a buffer. But when you're a small developer or a modder, you can't really afford community managers. And with popularity, your hobby becomes a job and a source of stress. I mentioned MMO freeshards once, I could write pages about how the community is literally what kills most projects, but I'm just going to say receiving death treats after banning someone for cheating or whatever isn't fun. It doesn't matter if it's only half a percent of the community who acts like that, because half a percent quickly becomes over thousands of people given enough popularity. Then on top of that you have people saying to learn to grow a thicker skin, practically shifting the blame onto the victim (I'm not doing to draw a parallel here but I'm sure you can understand what I'm thinking about). No human being is supposed to be able to handle thousands of personal attacks.

Last edited:
It's also coming from people who have never once been in a position similar to this one, or under any kind of spotlight. They can't possibly understand how it feels to get insulted or defamed by dozens of people over pretty much anything (updates too slow, bugs still not fixed, and little hint to the other post where people justify their toxic behavior by the fact that TaleWorlds didn't listen to them: community ideas not implemented). There's a reason why devs of any company typically don't deal with the community themselves, and why community managers are a thing. It's literally someone's job to take the heat, and to act as a buffer. But when you're a small developer or a modder, you can't really afford community managers. And with popularity, your hobby becomes a job and a source of stress. I mentioned MMO freeshards once, I could write pages about how the community is literally what kills most projects, but I'm just going to say receiving death treats after banning someone for cheating or whatever isn't fun. It doesn't matter if it's only half a percent of the community who acts like that, because half a percent quickly becomes over thousands of people given enough popularity. Then on top of that you have people saying to learn to grow a thicker skin, practically shifting the blame onto the victim (I'm not doing to draw a parallel here but I'm sure you can understand what I'm thinking about). No human being is supposed to be able to handle thousands of personal attacks.
I remember being a closed beta tester for a game and during one of the discussions, someone brought up an issue with the comment to "check the thread on the forum about it." The coordinator we were talking with stopped him and said straight up that the forum for their own game/company was blocked at the office, so he'd have to summarize anything within.

Back
Top Bottom