Anyone know how to delete invisible barriers on the main map?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
There are blue lines where rivers are located on the main map and these are impassable in game, I want to delete some and create my own barriers but they are unselectable in every mode and tool.

Does anyone know how to delete them and create your own?

Hi Lonewarrior. It can be hard to find them, but you need to collapse the Entities list, and then expand the paths list below (not expanded by default). From there you can select and delete the paths. The options to draw new paths are on the top.

89h7W.png

Upvote 0
Also, the blue paths on rivers aren't barriers, the paths are what the sound script follows so the river flowing noise plays when your camera is near the river. The thing that makes the rivers impassable is the navmesh face ID. Rivers have a face ID of 11, which is impassable, a full list of ID's is in NPC99's wonderful guide that NLCRich linked

Upvote 0
Also, the blue paths on rivers aren't barriers, the paths are what the sound script follows so the river flowing noise plays when your camera is near the river. The thing that makes the rivers impassable is the navmesh face ID. Rivers have a face ID of 11, which is impassable, a full list of ID's is in NPC99's wonderful guide that NLCRich linked

Ah that’s good to know, another quick question, if I’m expanding the map how do I connect the navmeshes together so they are passable, I’ve tried creating new navmeshes and using “fill” and “weld” but no matter what I can’t cross the barrier between my navmesh and the original game navmesh on the world map.
Is that also related to the Face ID?

Neither is 11 as impassable but there seems to be a barrier of some sort there

Upvote 0
you can make new navmesh by clicking on the navmesh button at the top, pressing space bar to enter add mode, and then you can click to add vertexes, or hold down shift and click to add faces in between navmeshes

Upvote 0
Thank everyone
This is a real game changer for me, Its opened a whole new world of possibilities, I think what I was doing was connecting my own navmesh to impassable terrain and that’s why I couldn’t cross it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom