Anyone got any tips for playing a horseman?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm playing through Prophesy of Pendor and for the first time I'm playing mounted. The very first time I played being on a horse just felt bad, and I had discovered Mordred's infantry only playthrough, so I got inspired to play on foot and ended up really enjoyed it. This time I'm trying to play as a cavalryman using 2-handed weapons(Great Bardiche atm for it's length and damage) but I still find being on a horse frustrating and could use some help. I feel like I get significantly less kills on horse than on foot. Unless the fight turns into a complete cluster where the entire enemy gets scattered (in which case I actually do get quite a few kills) i'm lucky to get above six, whereas on foot I was regularly getting around 15 or more depending on the size of the enemy army.

Another problem I have is that I often get swarmed by infantry after my initial charge. Whenever my other knights get surrounded they just kinda swing away and are still decently effective against lighter infantry, but whenever I get surrounded it feels like i'm not swinging at all. I get that obviously you're more effective moving than standing still on a horse, but it doesn't just feel like i'm doing less damage, it feels like i'm doing no damage. Now the obvious answer to this would be to not charge infantry formations straight on, which is something I try to avoid doing by staying on the edges when we charge. But this leads me to my third problem: my own cavalry constantly ****s me.

My own cavalry constantly ****s me. Whenever we charge I am constantly getting pushed around by my own horsemen, usually getting forced into the center of the formation or getting pushed into a tree. If I see an archer standing a little too far away on the outskirts, as soon as I charge him, sure enough, one of my own cavalry will also come charging for the same archer likely t-boning the **** out of me. Alternatively, half my entire cavalry force will come charging after him swarming him and not letting me get a hit in. I actually feel more mobile as an infantryman than as a cavalryman, sure i'm slower, but I feel like I have so much more control over my own movement and I feel less like i'm fighting my own troops for positioning. Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I don't put in nearly as much work on horse as I do on foot.

You should use lance and morningstar or battle hummer with crush throw Block ability. On horse it will always hit because of speed. When you buff your weapon proficiency you can use two-handed weapon. On horse they are 30% weaker and slower.

I think its hardcoded that your Troops try to help you when you try to fight even 1 alone enemy.For that behaver i die 99% of my time in MB.Your Ride in a Group of Enemy's short before you charge with full speed in the line an idiot cross your way and stop you or slow you down.Then when you are in the middle of that enemy the same idiot try to help you and go on the side you have to swing your weapon and so you are blocked and can do nothing and only taking hits.To avoid this as much possible i use always a Horse so i can let charge my Troops and in the meantime i surround the enemy and attack the archers or the infantry from behind. To use a Horse effective you need Weapon with at least 90-125 Range.All what have lesser Range are to slow and you miss to much hits and all what have more range are only to slow or dont let you use a shield what is in Pendor a pain with all the sniper.Lance are nice but very slow.Morningstar is great later when you can swing your weapon faster.At the start go for the Wiking 1 Hand axe its near perfect for Horse fight and have good damage and shield destroying ability.Later then a Weapon with Pirce like a Morningstar.Normal i use for Horsefight later on a Morningstar a Warhammer (that is much better then the battlehamer as it is much faster and pure 1 Hand) and some Throwing weapon and a shield.Cut Weapons seams stronger but in Pendor they are real weak if you dont have at least 8 in Hitting boost.Best is Blunt then come Pirce and as last Cut.But Blunt is only real strong against much Armor so i prefer Pirce as is the middle and good against both Armour and without Enemys with armor.

Back
Top Bottom