Anyone else have daily income problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eh, just slaughter. Loot from war more than pays for everything. I've never had any caravans or workshops, don't even know what the "smithing exploit" is, and I own 3/4 of the map and have paid off millions of denars to convert tons of lords to my kingdom. I just sell loot from battle, the cities don't even have enough to pay for it.

Expected change -99; What!! 4 Caravans, 2 workshops, 1 Castle with 2 Fiefs.
Vassal with 74 Troops, admittedly upgraded - but whats the point of upgrading if you can't afford the upkeep?
Casual player and still wages mechanic "not right". Nothing like Mount and Blade I remember. Disappointed:xf-cry:?
I remember roaming the map with an army. Given the option for companion to create party; but YOU pay for it. what is then the point.

Expected change -99; What!! 4 Caravans, 2 workshops, 1 Castle with 2 Fiefs.
Vassal with 74 Troops, admittedly upgraded - but whats the point of upgrading if you can't afford the upkeep?

There isn't a point if you can't afford it. So disband some of your party. But the most stable income (outside of smithing) is battle loot. So if your party is mean enough to take down other lords, do that. Before you know it, you'll have so much money you literally won't be able to spend it all.

Given the option for companion to create party; but YOU pay for it. what is then the point.

They can start making money. Once the party leader has more than 10K denars, the excess becomes income for you. They also serve in other peoples' armies, which is extra influence for you, along with possibly making money.

So dev's have already said in the tech support forums, (before balance forums were deleted) that they were working on the economy.

The issues subtract too much prosperity. And when your prosperity is too low it constantly creates new issues which leaves most cities and castles after about 2 years in-game to have ridiculously low prosperity from both the issues and constant village raids.

You basically have 4 options:
1. make 7 caravans like the guy on page 1 of this thread. Start them in different geographic locations so they're not competing with each other.
2. slave away on defending your villages and castles from all raids and constantly doing all "negative" issues (not all issues give negative prosperity) until your city hits the 4,000+ prosperity range or your castle hits the 1,000+ prosperity range, at which point the issue spawn rate seems to drop dramatically
3. exploit smithing till they fix it
4. enable the console commands "cheats" and simply fix the prosperity on cities and castles. At 3,000 prosperity most cities have reduced issue rates and are reasonable to keep growing, At 4,000 to 7,000 prosperity cities seem to prosper extra fast with very few issues. However at 7,000 prosperity you basically cap out as your villagers eat most of the food, and your garrison eats the rest. Don't console command castles to over 1,200 prosperity or all of your food will go to supporting villagers and your garrison will starve.

Personally, I just console command all my cities to 4,000 prosperity, and castles to 1,000 prosperity, ONCE. Then it's up to me whether they grow or die from that point. When you get a castle with 150 prosperity or a city with 1,300 prosperity you'll understand why. They can't even support a 50 troop garrison at that point. My first few playthroughs I tried to do all the nursing of my settlements back to health myself. But then I literally spent 100% of my time defending my villages from raids while constantly trying to do issues from notables between raids. I spent about 2-3 years in-game nursing every settlement I got back to health so that I could actually go to war and not defend. Then a new patch would come out and I had to start over...

Last edited:
There isn't a point if you can't afford it. So disband some of your party. But the most stable income (outside of smithing) is battle loot. So if your party is mean enough to take down other lords, do that. Before you know it, you'll have so much money you literally won't be able to spend it all.

They can start making money. Once the party leader has more than 10K denars, the excess becomes income for you. They also serve in other peoples' armies, which is extra influence for you, along with possibly making money.
Thanks. Make sense.

The only time I have income problems really is when I try to start a new kingdom. This is because of how much you need to pay lords to get them to join you (millions). Passive income and income from other sources (except crafting and selling towns) is really not enough for this but for most other types of campaign there are plenty of options. The state of income IMO is as follows:

Caravans - These tend to last for me a couple of weeks. I've had them last as little as 2 days. They usually get taken out by one of the horse merc factions. The income from them is pretty good though but I think the party size should be higher, They A.I. ones at least get 50 men. perhaps this could scale up with clan tier? I'd say they last long enough to make what I put in for them (I always get the 22.5k ones) about half the time.

Workshops - good stable early game income. pretty useless for later game. If these are working as intended then its about 150 income each for a good one. This is usually the first thing I buy but they are inadequate for real income in the late game. Once again it would be good if these scaled up a bit with Clan Tier or time owned.

Trading - Personally I enjoy a bit of trading but it is not really a great option apart from early game. The herd penalty now means that you will need a large party to have a large capacity to make serious cash and this means higher wages and slower movement. If you have an army though it's worth getting an eye for prices and buying cheap food when you see it. If you beseige a town you can sell the food to them at a huge profit afterwards. You can also mix this up with workshops to set up good trade profits. Watch Halcylion's great youtube videos for ideas.

Trading settlements - This was an option before when the perk was at 225 but it is now at 300. This along with the new herd penalty means that in 1.5.4 that you are going to have to be very determined and have a load of time to get this high a trade skill. Most likely The Khuzait will own the world by the time you do. Settlements barter for a good price though and this is certainly the best way to profit from being awarded castles.

Crafting - If you want to to win with your own kingdom before the heat death of the universe then this is probably what your going to end up doing. Totally imbalanced and will be fixed in due course so best to try not get too used to this. It's also boring AF.

Settlement's - Towns are the best source of passive income in the game. Once you get them put a good govenor in them and build them up. keep them garrisoned and try not to lose them. Castles are useless. I just ignore them for the most part. If you own them then they are not worth the garrison cost so best leave them empty and they can distract enemy's. I don't really attack them really either unless there are no towns to go for.

prisoners - If you are playing as a vassel then relations are less important so you can ransom prisoners. If you are your own kingdom then you will almost certainly want to free everyone to get good relations. Selling nobles can be pretty lucrative though

Loot - Can make some good money especially in big wars. I take everything and sell it all whenever I enter a town.

Good workshops give you about 150-200 daily, which means about 1050 senses daily if you have 7 of them. It is ok taking into account that you should not be able to sustain yourself just with workshops in late game when you have a huge elite party (same happens in Warband).

On the other hand, it is true that getting good workshops is not an easy task because some of them just give 50 denars daily and there are not good spots to have 7 save good workshops in a reduced area to avoid losing them in wars. So I think that workshops could be a bit better, something like +25% or so (we actually have this with a Steward perk but I have not had chance to try it yet).

Concerning caravans, while they are nice, I usually lose them because I am always at war with Khuzaits and they are able to catch my caravans without problems.

Anyway, I am still able to get a lot of money from battles and I really do not have any issue with money currently. If passive income gets increased, battles should provide less money, otherwise we will be swimming in money again.

Yeah for playing as a vassell it's pretty easy to be swimming in money. The problem is when you have your own kingdom and need to convince lords to join you. It costs millions and millions. Bear in mind that you also need lots of lords and they die extremely easily if you fight battles.

Workshops are fine in early game. any buff should be small and aimed at later game (so with Clan Tier or time owned).

I find caravans almost useless. I keep getting them and they keep getting destroyed within a week. They thus require loads of micromanagement. I just had to run to 3 different cities in 3 days for example to get my companion back after she was prisoner (in a neutral city) for a week. Hopefully they optimize companion respawning. It's senseless for them to jump between multiple cities as you race towards them. In the late game as a ruler you really don't want to be micromanaging companions when you have loads of other stuff to be doing. Once again perhaps stronger caravans could scale with Clan Tier or trade skill?

I think moving the settlement barter perk back to level 300 has pretty much nerfed having your own kingdom into the ground. When it was at 225 then you could at least hope to one day get it and thus have an alternative to crafting Javelins to fund lord recruitment. On the plans statement they say they are working on a system for giving and taking feifs so that may help in some respects. Still if you can't offer a feif to a prospective lord as payment for joining you until trade level 300 then you are going to come up with the millions you need somehow.

Yep, the game is still not properly balanced for having own kingdom. I suppose that adding settlements to the equation for convincing lords will make it much easier if you want to create your own new Kindgom.

Yeah for playing as a vassell it's pretty easy to be swimming in money. The problem is when you have your own kingdom and need to convince lords to join you. It costs millions and millions. Bear in mind that you also need lots of lords and they die extremely easily if you fight battles.

I just never paid that much to flip a lord. If you wait until they are fiefless and nearly broke, they'll go for a lot cheaper.

I just never paid that much to flip a lord. If you wait until they are fiefless and nearly broke, they'll go for a lot cheaper.
hmm that's interesting but good to hear.

Perhaps I just need persevere a bit more but I tend to get bored or frustrated when I create a kingdom. I will probably wait until they flesh it out properly to give it another go.

Out of interest do you find that lords will convince other lords to join you or does the player have to do it?

Would be nice if we could send messengers to talk with clan leaders instead of having to find the clan leader which is pretty complicated most of the time when you have to deal with wars.

Also it'd be fun if we could get them to join / lower cost of recruiting by challenging lords to duels.

Also it'd be fun if we could get them to join / lower cost of recruiting by challenging lords to duels.
That's a cool idea. Perhaps a deuling system could also go along side battles in general. I'm reading 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' at the moment and it seems that every battle starts with a duel.

I find the money from looting enemies and getting a city and 3 workshops to be ok in early/mid game. But once I'm Clan Tier 5, and I go independent and take the perks to give me an extra 80+ troops, I'm generally running around with 200+ Tier 5/6 soldiers all the time. And my brother and 2 companions are all making 160 man armies. And I have to pay the maintenance on all of those, plus the garrison upkeep on every city and castle. Then my fiefs are all being constantly raided if I'm at war, and my prosperity is plummeting in every city/castle due to the lack of food and goods if I don't defend my fiefs instead of running off to war.

So yeah, I feel that once you hit late game, money becomes a problem.

Back
Top Bottom