Anyone else have daily income problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Illuyanka

Recruit
I have my own kingdom with 4 castles and 1 city in my clan. 400 Influence and the daily income is +33 or sometimes even losing money. Cant ask anyone join bcs I dont have money to offer. I will almost start joining tournaments to afford my own troops. I havent played bannerlord for a while did they change the influence income or am I suffering a bug here ?

Still, the game has serious balancing issues regarding the ingame economy. There isn't probably much you can do other than exploit the smithing system and get ballin... Or you can just cheat the denars through the console.

What are your party(s) costs? Garrison costs? Do you have caravans/workshops?

Loot from larger bandit parties/certain quests/war should be sizeable by that stage of the game, too.

you can use javelin / 2-h sword smithing exploit if you don't wanna grind all the time. Until you get like 5 caravans you'll have to grind. Honestly, in my first three playthrough I never used smithing exploit but in my 4th playthrough I used it, because I don't wanna fight looters for 10 hours

Balance out troop costs with caravans and workshops. Just because you have the party size to have over 200 high tier troops doesn't mean you can actually afford it.

I havent played bannerlord for a while did they change the influence income or am I suffering a bug here ?

Influence income? If you mean influence gains, then yes. Council of the Commons got nerfed into the ground a few patches back and I don't believe it is fully functional even now (player clan has no way to gain supporters, so it never gives influence to you).

As for money income, certain money-maker workshops got nerfed as well while one or two others are currently bugged (tannery, for example) so they are terrible investments. Caravans were nerfed and re-adjusted but overall, the last time I went hard on caravans, I was making a lot of money off them and I don't believe they have been (intentionally) adjusted since then. There have been other game changes, not directly related to the economy, which had knock-on economic effects but most of them have been smoothed out -- I'm thinking of prosperity getting tanked in early 1.5 patches.

Take more land. Don't make more then 2X you party size of high tier troops (maybe less if you're king and have the constitutional? buffs) and feel free to toss out junk troops if you're costing to much money. Putting a spouse as a governor can have some good effect on garrison coasts, most have some perks or another that are pretty good. Brother might too, not sure.

Really focus on beating down your enemies, it's nice to have enough land to stabilize or + you daily, but really just war spoils is way more then enough.

They need to fix shop incomes back! Least they would offset the cost some. Don't really want to get rid of garrisons to reduce my defenses.

The main issue is that gap between having nothing and a large army and having 2 towns and 2 castles, fully upgraded for decent income. Sometimes in the profit, sometimes making a loss, but overall a profit situation, even with 4-5 companion parties roaming around.

But well, to be honest, it's not wrong to use smithing right now to close that gap.

they nerfed all passive sources of income and influence.
so now you have to count on smithing ridiculous javelins to afford everything, i mean everything. see that town there? here's 5 javelins for it. now it's mine.

they nerfed all passive sources of income and influence.
Not really.
unknown.png

And now tribute payments are somewhat viable for augmenting other income sources.

Seriously dislike daily payments -who gets paid daily?? The strategy in the financial aspects of games should generally be about the smart leveraging of finances when finances are due but when its daily its just a manic chore

Seriously dislike daily payments -who gets paid daily?? The strategy in the financial aspects of games should generally be about the smart leveraging of finances when finances are due but when its daily its just a manic chore
I agree. The dramatic shifts in your money every day for this is kind of absurd. I didn't realize how much of a bother it is until I went back and played VC and WB mods for a while. The weekly wage was much easier to deal with, and the player could go about trying to get money before the wage was due if they were short. With this daily wage, if you're running low it is a scramble to get to the nearest shop ASAP and find a way to get some money. I don't like having to pay so much extra attention to it. I want to focus on the fun stuff.

There are too many variables I wonder if we'll ever see balance. The Kingdom policies alone are overwhelming. They should have max 10-20 policies available. In particular those that help with income but are a tradeoff for party size and other things.

There are too many variables I wonder if we'll ever see balance. The Kingdom policies alone are overwhelming. They should have max 10-20 policies available. In particular those that help with income but are a tradeoff for party size and other things.
Yeah, its especially overwhelming when you first make your kingdom and have to pick 4 policies, but all you can see is the vague description which doesn't show the actual pluses and minuses of each one, so you just have to guess which ones will be actually helpful.

Daily payments make it really hard to budget yourself. You look one day and your cash flow's positive, so you think you're doing alright, but its only because one of your caravans made a really good haul and the next day you're -5000. Its impossible to get a good handle on your finances

Last few playthroughs, I used the Javelin smithing to make millions. So far this playthrough I haven't needed to (smart trading, looting, and selling elite prisoners) bringing me to 300k or 400k. Daily expenses run 1200 (less than 1.5k) and generally each day's activities will bring in at least that much (unless waiting or in an army, which will be a net loss of may 4 - 5k after 4 days).

I also don't fully upgrade all troops unless I absolutely have to, or I have a castle where I can start hoarding Vlandian Sergeants & Banner-Knights, etc. Don't recruit companions until you can easily afford it. Start with just 1. Then wait until you have earned at least 25k before recruiting more.

Invest in some workshops and have some companions or family members lead parties.
I am sure this still applies to higher difficulties.

Re: Daily payments

I don't really have any complaints about it. I do hope in future, there will be a 'Financial report' / overview like in bannerlord for each week or something that the player can view.

I've got 3 cities (Tyal, Diathma and Myzea) and 4 castles and an army of 236 tier4 to 6 troops and my own damn kngdom and my daily income is 1200 to 2300 denars it changes according to who knows what and I cant ask anyone to join me because a tier 4 clan with 1 city asks 1.03 million denars plus all my inventory to join me. I think I'll start murdering every single lord I capture after this point because Khuzaits ask 300k denars for peace even though I destroy them very time we fight. We need a community bugfix mod just like skyrim cuz TaleWorlds is ****ing everything up even more every time they touch it to fix.

Oh btw. my workshops were confiscated when I declared my independence even though those workshops weren't even in Khuzait borders (I was their vassal)

Back
Top Bottom