Anyone else feels like the progress of the game has stalled?

Users who are viewing this thread

The relevant thing is what they are doing now to remedy the situation, if anything? Did they give up on planning and orderly development because they are tired and jaded of all the chaos? Or did they realize they need a fresh and more professional approach and new faces in the leadership team?
The likely answer is neither, Armagan started a fresh unannounced project while probably leaving the Bannerlord team to continue without clear leadership and with the good old daily improvisation.
That's my guess too. They'll keep puttering with BL while knowing in the back of their minds that it's going nowhere... While Armagan is trying in parallel to relive his previous sucess (and fun, I suppose)
I don't think the situation is salvageable at this point. It would take a complete change of leadership, organization and a massive rework of the project. Things that would be very hard to decide, cost tons of time and money and for very little return on investment.

The likely answer is neither, Armagan started a fresh unannounced project while probably leaving the Bannerlord team to continue without clear leadership and with the good old daily improvisation.

That would be a big yikes if true.

If it's down to it, either he's left the Bannerlord team for a new project without providing a new lead, or he's there and he's not really leading them well. No real good in either.

Learning is supposed to be progressive, but not in the sense of a progressive neurological disease.
:ROFLMAO:

For people who missed it, it was here, in the second paragraph.
Sad.

Thanks for the link. Everything makes much more sense now.

Also. WTF> Mexxxxxxxico had like 40 responsiblities, the diplomacy person had 1? And STILL mexxxxxxico wanted to help! Wow. Whats up at TW. What are the other 100 devs working on?!?!

For people who missed it, it was here, in the second paragraph.
Confirmed a lot of my suspicions. I wanted to say a long time ago how they probably didn't have any design docs, based on the way the game plays and how each features were so unintegrated but gave them the benefit of the doubt because I didn't have evidence other than the game.

It's sad. With this confirmatoin my hope for the game finally died. I was going to joke, it looks like they're spending time chery picking community suggestions and implementing them and call it development, it seems so true now. All they could do now is performance improvements, fix and balances, minor isolated features. Major gameplay mechanics, needed to be designed into the basic gamplay and would have been there at the start of EA if it was going to be tehre at all.

And it explains why they are bad at time estimates, if there isn't a plan then you don't have anything to go on to estimate. Another Star Citizen, sadly.

All hail the modding community.

That's my guess too. They'll keep puttering with BL while knowing in the back of their minds that it's going nowhere... While Armagan is trying in parallel to relive his previous sucess (and fun, I suppose)
I don't think the situation is salvageable at this point. It would take a complete change of leadership, organization and a massive rework of the project. Things that would be very hard to decide, cost tons of time and money and for very little return on investment.
honestly,

because they have no design document, making one would probably entail what happened around 2016 when they scrapped a bunch of stuff and needed to 'restart'.

They need a design document that doesn't make them do that!

honestly,

because they have no design document, making one would probably entail what happened around 2016 when they scrapped a bunch of stuff and needed to 'restart'.

They need a design document that doesn't make them do that!
I think any design doc they make will force some codes to be scrapped to unify features, otherwise it;ll remain a jumbled mess of unrelated mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom