Anyone else feels like the progress of the game has stalled?

Users who are viewing this thread

I remember in the early months of release where we had actual big patches with meaningful changes, once a weak. Now we get a patch every few months that , to my opinion, does not add a lot of things to the game and is centered around bug fixes caused by the previous patch. I don't know what to think of no more. Have they stopped working as much on bannerlord? Are they happy with the product they currently have? I have been waiting to play again but I honestly don't see a reason to do that.

I feel that a lot of the patches make the game worse in some way IE atm a mob of low-tier mele can defeat higher tier due to weight/speed.

im in the exact same situation as yours, sometimes it really feels like currently there are only 2 guys working on the game and they are watching Netflix at the same time, and they are interns
According to Wikipedia Taleworlds is ~ 130 employees , and the game is in EA so they are suppose to work on the game full time , since the game is technically not out,
and we have monthly updates with a few bug fixes and a new sheep model? 130 people working on a sheep model?
i really don't get it

Taleworlds is a very relaxed work environment. They do not have schedules or deadlines, and the current state of the game is a result of that.
If Taleworlds was actually actively developing the game, half the problems people complain about would cease to exist.

Remember TW is subsidized by the Turkish Govt so they can take all the time in the world and still get their pay day

You need to stop spamming the forum incorrect information.

Yes, unfortunately. They are either trying to get a big update out or something else is going on. It does not make sense for such a long hiatus if nothing meaty is coming out; until we see an actual patch we will never know.

You need to stop spamming the forum incorrect information.

Yes, unfortunately. They are either trying to get a big update out or something else is going on. It does not make sense for such a long hiatus if nothing meaty is coming out; until we see an actual patch we will never know.
They prolly trying to make the dynamic terrain thing, the battlefield will be "rendered" by the terrain in the world map but man the game needs so much more gameplay... and FIXED perks tree...I mean companions unlocking perks at 200 points, and some perks still missing...

Lets hope for a GOOD patch.
I already painted all the map in 1.9.2 =\

I am aware of the upcoming additions, although the timeline is soon; so maybe the hangup is not even the dynamic terrain. MP is also set to get a meaty update at some point. My hope is that we will actually get a big update but I would not hold my breath

I am aware of the upcoming additions, although the timeline is soon; so maybe the hangup is not even the dynamic terrain. MP is also set to get a meaty update at some point. My hope is that we will actually get a big update but I would not hold my breath
SOON!

ye47iwayzug21.jpg

They may not be subsidized by the Turkish government but they are plenty subsidized by the many fools like myself who actually believed them when they made promises :'D

I remember in the early months of release where we had actual big patches with meaningful changes, once a weak. Now we get a patch every few months that , to my opinion, does not add a lot of things to the game and is centered around bug fixes caused by the previous patch. I don't know what to think of no more. Have they stopped working as much on bannerlord? Are they happy with the product they currently have? I have been waiting to play again but I honestly don't see a reason to do that.
The early patches were full of fixes for showstopping bugs and issues, like there being literally no crossbows for sale or wood workshops making 20,000/day or looters being able to hit you with rocks from literally 100 meters away. Along with features that should have been in the game on release, like the ability to form a kingdom without doing the quest or having functioning culture perks.

I was thinking about that. I noticed that after the refactor things really got slow which is ironic cause they said that would speed up development. It appears to me that they are likely working on a dlc now with a skeleton crew working on the main game. That or they just buggered off

I was thinking about that. I noticed that after the refactor things really got slow which is ironic cause they said that would speed up development. It appears to me that they are likely working on a dlc now with a skeleton crew working on the main game. That or they just buggered off
I don't think so, for me is a perfect example of the Pareto Principle plus poor branch management and lack of agile development principles approach in that project

They have never had a solid plan for creating this game. Rather than having a plan they had a vague notion. It's pretty hard to get anything done when all you have is a vague notion to guide you.

This is true of life in general, not just the floundering development of this game.

Its normal that initially they make alot of progress as bugs, crashes and whatnot are fixed so that the game becomes more stable and they then focus on adding content.

What im not sure is normal is that the game has gone backwards in some areas. Like AI and stability, I think its safe to say that after a year they should be passed that phase by now. Then again im not a software developer so my layman's vieuw on it has no actual grasp of how difficult it is but I dont think its normal in the industry for this 'stage' of development to take this long...

I remember in the early months of release where we had actual big patches with meaningful changes, once a weak. Now we get a patch every few months
Brilliant reasoning, you should get an award for that.

Have seen this take alot on the forums and whenever this type of bs hits a thread all I can think of is that whoever wrote this and thought ''yeah this sounds rational'' needs to have their nursery teacher come get them of the internet.

Back
Top Bottom