any way to save high tier troops with lance recruitment?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've read the FAQ and see how the lance recruitment system works in general. While I like the idea in the grand scheme of things, I would still prefer to have a place to stash away fully trained knights to take on other fresh recruits to train.

As I normally would in vanilla/other mods, I attempted to place my knights in my hisband's castle by taking over garrisson management, only to find it reverted back to towner management when I come back in a while. I reloaded from an earlier save and instead made my own town of nuernberg host my personal troops (relation loss notwithstanding :sad:). This kinda works, but I have no way of conscripting cheap levy on top of that to bolster the headcount. Plus I think it is better to let them have their own ways for RP purposes.

Would I need a secondary fief, like a castle to achieve what I want (let a town manage its own garrrison, and still be able to station a few troops of my own somewhere)? Not looking for somrthing gamebreaking like an army of 500 senior knights. More like a ~50 well trained core retainers i wont have to travel with all tje friggin time (movement speed, upkeep, chance to lose them in battle, not as efficient lvling for lower tier units, etc)

Back
Top Bottom