Any way to restore broken Ironman savegame?

Users who are viewing this thread

So my PC crashed while playing my Ironman game, and I guess it just started to save. Now the savegame is broken, when I try to load it I get this message:
A problem occured while trying to load the saved game.
Is there any way to fix this? The save files seem to be part binary.

I tried this mod but instead of the message, the game just crashes:

Because Ironman has per definition only one savegame, my entire playthrough is now lost...

I don't know how you would fix the save, but you could maybe try to use cheats to re-create your character and progress somewhat in a new game. Not sure exactly what all you can do though. Or just accept that "that's how that hardcore ironman game ended, wow so brutal" In the future you can manually make a back up save by copying your save and putting in another folder, you might do that every day or so incase of such **** ups. Or just don't choose iron man since it's a total sham for posers, just don't save scum and make a new save whenever you want.

So my PC crashed while playing my Ironman game, and I guess it just started to save. Now the savegame is broken, when I try to load it I get this message:

Is there any way to fix this? The save files seem to be part binary.

I tried this mod but instead of the message, the game just crashes:

Because Ironman has per definition only one savegame, my entire playthrough is now lost...
Well, sorry for your playthrough but there is not really that much you can do.
I'm more concerned by the fact you tried to fix it with a mod that was initially designed for game version 1.3.0. My guess is that it got worse...

This is the problem with playing an Ironman mode in an unreleased buggy ea game.
Yeah, I lost 2 warband vanilla saves this way too, both during the same situation, between siege battles defending, I think it was just too many war messages trying to g o off at once while it also saved. Then I found out you can/should make back ups, so why not just use the other option and make a save when I want?

I don't know how you would fix the save, but you could maybe try to use cheats to re-create your character and progress somewhat in a new game. Not sure exactly what all you can do though. Or just accept that "that's how that hardcore ironman game ended, wow so brutal" In the future you can manually make a back up save by copying your save and putting in another folder, you might do that every day or so incase of such **** ups. Or just don't choose iron man since it's a total sham for posers, just don't save scum and make a new save whenever you want.
You're totally right, thanks for the advice.

I wasn't that far in so I'll just start anew without ironman.

Yeah, I lost 2 warband vanilla saves this way too, both during the same situation, between siege battles defending, I think it was just too many war messages trying to g o off at once while it also saved. Then I found out you can/should make back ups, so why not just use the other option and make a save when I want?
I recently have been playing FO4 Frost on survival and I quickly realized I had to download a mod that allowed me to at least auto save periodically because ctd is too easy in that game and losing hours of play because the game f's up causes too much rage in me.

Back
Top Bottom