Any way to have female lords not marry or have wives?

Users who are viewing this thread

J Awesome

Veteran
One of the factions in my mod is a matriarchal society, and it's odd to see the Queen and her court marrying women.  not that I have anything against it, but Matriarchal does not equal lesbian!

Anyways, is there a way to fix this?  And if so, which modules/strings should I be looking at?  I'm fairly new to this, so I might have questions afterward.

You can turn all the kingdom ladies into fawning courtiers or something. But then the player can end up seducing them.
First, disallow the faction from having love interests.
Code:
        (store_faction_of_troop, ":troop_faction", ":cur_troop"),
        (try_begin), #open conditional
          (neq, ":troop_faction", "fac_whatever"), #not matriarchal
          (try_for_range, ":unused", 0, 50),
        (try_end), #close conditional
Second, disallow courtship interactions. There's a bunch of intertwined scripts, but the main one (AFAIK) is script_courtship_event_troop_court_lady. Since it's only called in one place, we can modify that instead.
Code:
    #Courtship
    (try_begin),
      (party_get_slot, ":time_of_last_courtship", ":led_party", slot_party_leader_last_courted),
      (store_sub, ":hours_since_last_courtship", ":current_time", ":time_of_last_courtship"),
      (gt, ":hours_since_last_courtship", 72),
      (store_faction_of_troop, ":faction", ":troop_no"), #store faction
      (neq, ":faction", "fac_whatever"),#not matriarchal

Sweet, this is precisely what I'm looking for, thanks a ton!  Now, this goes in module_scripts right?  Do I replace anything, or do I simply paste these in where I find them in the module?

Oh, and does this affect only ladies, or can this affect fighting female lords (whom this is intended for)

Yes. Find the appropriate script and put in the changes between the code I posted and the original (marked by comments starting with #). Make sure you've set up module_info.py, got the right Python version (2.6), remembering that all your text edits will be gone, etc. The changes just prevent that particular faction from having love interests and relationships.

Back
Top Bottom