Any "serious" mod teams looking at an Equipment Buy system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zarthas

Knight at Arms
Are we tracking any mods that'll be working on a Warband-style loadout system, specifically for Captain? Would be pretty wild to see what you could do if you were allowed to load up like you wanted, with maybe unused gold being used for "Reinforcements"/increasing Unit size. The great irony of the class system is that it forces everyone to just play blunt/heavy inf spam.

I'm sure the CC group will be pulling something together for our events, I'm not spending much time looking at stuff without the server files to test with though. I've done very limited testing at this point, mostly just to confirm that custom scenes are possible. My guess is that some of the folks with the server files are already doing more extensive testing and looking into stuff like customizing UI/loadouts for MP.

I'm sure the CC group will be pulling something together for our events, I'm not spending much time looking at stuff without the server files to test with though. I've done very limited testing at this point, mostly just to confirm that custom scenes are possible. My guess is that some of the folks with the server files are already doing more extensive testing and looking into stuff like customizing UI/loadouts for MP.
Will it be shared amongst us peasants?

Probably at least some of it will be. I'm really hoping some talented folks just come out and give us some solid tools to build off of, sort of like what Adimi/GK modules were for warband. It really depends on what it is and who's putting it out though. If it's super custom stuff it might not get released, I'd imagine there will be a bit of an arms race between server owners at the beginning to capture player share unfortunately.

Are we tracking any mods that'll be working on a Warband-style loadout system, specifically for Captain? Would be pretty wild to see what you could do if you were allowed to load up like you wanted, with maybe unused gold being used for "Reinforcements"/increasing Unit size. The great irony of the class system is that it forces everyone to just play blunt/heavy inf spam.
A new loadout system might not be difficult to implement, but since it would break Native compatibility it might be tough to get players. Hopefully since MP and SP launchers are separate MP mods could be downloaded directly through the server list... though I doubt that will be the case.

Probably making a client-side mod that adds equipment perks (like neoGK expanding equipment options) would be easy enough. But going back to a 3-class system with full loadout control would be a lot more work and would probably only appeal to warband players.

Captain and skirmish are the best modes for the new 6 class system tbh. The issues you mention could very easily be fixed server side by simple rebalancing; adjust armour/damage values, change relative sizes of groups, etc. Anything players have to manually download will reduce population to 1/10 native at best.

A new loadout system might not be difficult to implement, but since it would break Native compatibility it might be tough to get players. Hopefully since MP and SP launchers are separate MP mods could be downloaded directly through the server list... though I doubt that will be the case.

Probably making a client-side mod that adds equipment perks (like neoGK expanding equipment options) would be easy enough. But going back to a 3-class system with full loadout control would be a lot more work and would probably only appeal to warband players.

Captain and skirmish are the best modes for the new 6 class system tbh. The issues you mention could very easily be fixed server side by simple rebalancing; adjust armour/damage values, change relative sizes of groups, etc. Anything players have to manually download will reduce population to 1/10 native at best.
Yeah that's fair enough. I do wonder if BL's multiplayer community will be able to support mods in the way Warband's was. TW insists custom servers are getting released to the general public in The Great Soon, so maybe we'll find out.

To be clear, I don't actually hate the Class/Perk system on its face, with enough variety it would be roughly equivalent to loadouts, just that design changes over the past 6-12 months have dragged it down to its least interesting and simultaneously least intelligible form.

what's a CC group

Back
Top Bottom