SP Other [ANY] [S] monoolho's Animation Submod [Beta 0.43]

Users who are viewing this thread

Current Version: [2nd beta release v. 0.43]
-redacted download-

Be sure to leave any feedback for improving the submod.
Changelog and Versions on the post below.

What's this? An animation compilation to place in any module you want, given that some changes will need to be made to fit in most. If the animations weren't stolen, this would be somewhat of an OSP nature. I HAVE NOT made any of these animations, what I did is put them together into the same module.
Practical use: This is not a module for your warband pleasures, this is a submod, so you will have to place this inside any module you want---be it Native, Viking Conquest, WF&S or Prophesy of Pendor. Given the open ended nature of this mod, it WILL REQUIRE SOME BASIC MODDING SKILLZ (at least until someone makes a working version for any specific module).

Why this? I'm prickly about being robotic with the same animations over and over again. So I decided to steal a bunch of animations from other mods. Most I tried contacting, others I don't even know who to contact. Further info in [Credits].
I have added a plethora of different animations, some fitting, others not so much. I have done this as a personal project which has been going on since early 2014. I started publishing this in Gekokujo a long time ago and then evolved into my mostest favoritest mods of all which is/was 1257ad. This experienced has proved that 1) I am a hoarder, 2) I love variety; 3) I am an ungrateful little prick who steals from others, that's why I'm in both arts & letters and law school. gonna steal me some many bawks.

What have I done?! So, in technical terms (haha, yeah right) I've added a huge amount of animations to each attack, stance, death, strike; running, reloading. If you look at actions.txt you will notice many animation sets have over 30 animations, but not all of them are new animations, many if not most are the same animations with different timings to give a more natural sense to stuff.

Some visual stuff for your eyes:

(for some reason, my monitor is really dark and I forgot to adjust the gamma to record it. I will fix in the next one, used youtube's corrections to make it watchable)

More may come soon.

Current State of affairs: Even after working sporadically for over 3 years on this, this is very much an amateurish ridiculous attempt at compiling the great works of my betters, of those who took the time to create and mod into the game their animations. So be warned, this will most likely be in a perpetual beta state as I need to change stuff all the time, and I do this every time I decide to come back to Warband for one reason or another.
Being knocked back takes a lot longer to recover, often it's fatal-not just falling, but receiving a strong hit can render you useless for a while and you may be overwhelmed.
The attack animations were changed to go a bit slower (there are virtually no difference in timings with them), not sure how it'll work it out, so need some feedback on that.

Installation:
- Open the .rar file
- Extract Contents into your Module folder
- Overwrite actions.txt (make a backup of it before for safety)
- It'll ask to overwrite Resource folder, but all the files are unique, nothing's getting replaced
- Paste the given text into the module.ini
- Hopefully, enjoy it!

Known Issues:
- I have purposedly left the Kyudo animations for bows, so it may look a bit awkward sometimes.
- Some shield holding animations bug out with the arms, I am not sure why it happens. Any suggestions are welcome.
- If the speed of the weapon is too high, some swings do a full 360 turn, it's awkward most times, sometimes its cool.
- Some attacks don't look very fluid.
- Many death and strike animations are a tad awkward, sometimes too slow, sometimes too quick, others just don't look a bit natural (mostly the ones where the char is pushed to the ground).
- Some death animations might stop playing and no ragdoll model kicks in, so some standing corpses will be there.
- More stuff that I can't remember.

Due deserved Credits:
I OWE MY EVERLASTING GRATITUDE TO THE MAKERS, IF YOU'RE THE AUTHOR AND THIS WORK OFFENDS YOUR INTELECTUAL PROPERTY, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. But mind that if all you require is credit, just tell me and I'll gladly do it!
Once more, I DID NOT CREATE ANYTHING HERE, THIS IS A COMPILATION OF GREAT WORKS, some ancient, some modern.
If you feel I am profiting off your work, I am sorry about that and will do my best to fix it.
(This mod would not ever happen if not for these guys, the makers of the original animations)

Combat Animation Enhancement Mod by Papa Lazarou
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,134185.0.html

Jacobhinds' Gekokujo Animation Submod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305602.0.html

Psiphoon's Animation mod(I'm not even sure how I got it...)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113497.msg2738336.html#msg2738336

bsapaka's Kunst des Fechtens: 2-handed animations (beta)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=233883.0

Recompiled Animations from Kegenki 9.1 Mod posted by Yuias
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1769&posted=true#c_7795

Papa's Community Animations
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3087

Warband: New Animations Mod by dreamterror
http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/1935/?

Warband Realistic Mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mount-and-blade-warband-realistic-mod-30

Viking Conquest (maybe, just maybe, some spear animations, and the obvious sling animations are used for VC submod, and mayhaps other versions, no stealing of IP intended, once more)
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest

Post reserved for Changelog and download links. Will update accordingly.

Version 0.43
Fixed some missing 2handed animations, also improved them.
- redacted download -

Version 0.42
- redacted download -

Good work, but I do hope you continue to improve the project. Do you do any editing of the animations themselves? I hate to say it but that video didn't really sell me on the whole pack, some of the animations are nice but for the most part it just looks like both armies are too racked by crippling scoliosis to do any actual fighting.  :razz:

Hahahahaha! This has been one of the most brilliant descriptions of the bad animations.

Unfortunately, yet, I do not meddle in the animations themselves. I did try some heavy editing on timing and stuff.

In my defense I have 3 arguments:
1 - This is an old video, from when things were quite awry, I have learned some since then. The video does not depict the current state of the mod.
2 - Many of the seizure-like animations have been taken out or somewhat fixed, I am currently uploading an almost 1gb video to youtube that I recorded as soon as I posted it, and when it's done encoding and stuff, will replace the old one. I do hope it looks better now.
3 - I don't really have a third argument, but 3 is a kabalistic number, so it must be good.

But thanks for the support, I am still trying to make it way less "hysterical circus of the mentally impaired trying to cosplay quidditch while actually seemingly playing shuttlecock with swords and heavy mail", and more "majestic hollywood fighting scenes from completely historically wrong battles".

EDIT: Changed the video on the OP to something I recorded today, so it is very current.

EDIT 2: Just updated to 0.43.

Very nice, useful animations. Thank you for them! Granted, they cannot be used for public mods, but some of them are great for my modded Native game.

Can't I use this without VC stuff in my mod?

I've seen these animations in chinese forum before. this was posted on 2012

http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=339594&page=1#pid3618138

they are really look awesome. Especially the 2 handed and 1 handed.

Hey monoolho,

unfortunately I will have to ask you to remove the download links until you have gotten permission for all works or have removed those that you haven't gotten permission for.

Best,
Duh

Forum Rules said:
Modding
If you are considering joining our modding community, you should take note of the following; Many people here like to share and provide others with resources (marked [OSP]), but if you wish to include their work in your modification, you are required to credit them. Most OSPs can be used on this basis, but there are some that may ask you to contact the author (among other things) in order to gain permission. This is clarified in the opening post of the OSP (which are found in The Forge) and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission and provide proper credit for the resources that you use. It should also be clear that you cannot simply take things from other mods and use them in your own modification unless you have gained permission from the respective mod authors. Once you have permission, it cannot be redacted on a whim.

Duh said:
Hey monoolho,

unfortunately I will have to ask you to remove the download links until you have gotten permission for all works or have removed those that you haven't gotten permission for.

Best,
Duh

Forum Rules said:
Modding
If you are considering joining our modding community, you should take note of the following; Many people here like to share and provide others with resources (marked [OSP]), but if you wish to include their work in your modification, you are required to credit them. Most OSPs can be used on this basis, but there are some that may ask you to contact the author (among other things) in order to gain permission. This is clarified in the opening post of the OSP (which are found in The Forge) and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission and provide proper credit for the resources that you use. It should also be clear that you cannot simply take things from other mods and use them in your own modification unless you have gained permission from the respective mod authors. Once you have permission, it cannot be redacted on a whim.

What if that non-OSP mod is no longer exist and autor is unreachable? So it is not possible to ask him. And only clue is that credit what you required.

Back
Top Bottom