Any reason why my NPC lords would not be able to recruit prisoners post battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever I see an army with a ton of prisoners, I typically view it as a way to pad the troops of my NPCs.

So, I saw a Heretic army of 240 soldiers with a prisoner count of 1100+ 

Seemed like a prime way to bulk up my lords.  I attacked the Heretics.  Three of my lords joined me in combat.  I auto resolved the battle, and won, and got a very few prisoners for myself (1 or 2 each of the various prisoner) and when the battle was over, my lords had also collected very few prisoners.  With 4 of us in combat, and over 1100 prisoners in the pool, we should have had over 250 prisoners each.

Any idea why this would happen?  Did I do something wrong?  Did I need to let one of my lords initiate the combat? 

Shouldn't you get them as troops instead? or did I misunderstand something, in my mind you can't take 1100 heretics prisoner if there is only an army of 240 heretics, but you can free their prisoners, no idea if auto calc affects that.

I may not have been clear.

I'm not talking about taking enemy prisoners.  (the bottom box in the dialogue) 

I'm talking about hiring friendly prisoners that were rescued from the enemy army.  (the top box in the dialogue) 

Probably a considerable part of the 1100 prisoners were level 40 or above (Noldor, order knights, special household troops, minor faction top tier units). You cannot recruit those.

Even with that, he should have netted a few hundred troops worth in rescued prisoners.

I´m not sure how the rescued prisoner distribution works if the player engages battle and what depends on your share of the total amount of them. If the AI starts the fight you usually get 1 lord with a cartload of rescued prisoners and the remaining lords (including you) with a very minor share of prisoners.

This question was best looked up and searched for in the Forge section or the MnB wiki.

Furthermore, please stick to the Quick Questions and Answers.

Back
Top Bottom