Any possibility for the 1.9 patch being released this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

TW Classic :iamamoron:

I also don´t understand why we should test an outdated version a few weeks before the release? Just let us test the console version?!

I'm assuming because the final version, the console version isn't actually ready yet for release/player testing, which is very TW.

As they did with us, they will launch the game a buggy mess, hotfix it quickly for a few weeks to give a false sense of development (probably remove a few more general and QOL features for the sake of a thumbstick controllers) and then dip.

This game won't be in a playable state for a number of weeks after release. The amount of weeks is impossible to know as it depends on how much they fumble the ball and judging how bad and game-breaking the patches have been on the last year....well...

Last edited:
I'm assuming because the final version, the console version isn't actually ready yet for release/player testing, which is very TW.

As they did with us, they will launch the game a buggy mess, hotfix it quickly for a few weeks to give a false sense of development (probably remove a few more general and QOL features for the sake of a thumbstick controllers) and then dip.

This game won't be in a playable state for a number of weeks after release. The amount of weeks is impossible to know as it depends on how much they fumble the ball and judging how bad and game-breaking the patches have been on the last year....well...
Yeah. I would guess they made a version to ship for 10/25 but are making a day one patch and DO NOT WAN'T players playing unpatched version and calling out any remaining bugs and possibly hurting sales. I mean, sure we could report bugs, but it also exposes them and also remember many players don't actually know what is and isn't coming so they have all kind of wild ideas of what might end up in the "Full Release" and people playing it now would undermine that.

I guess I don't know, looked like you could pre-order a disc on amazon, but maybe not, I too have not bought a game physically in awhile now.
Most games that come with a pre-order disk will have a day 1 download so a pre-order disk isn't a big deal. The reason I doubt we'll have an update before release is consoles. Taleworlds could put out an update the day before full release on pc they can't do that with consoles. Iirc there's a full vetting process involved with pushing out updates on console and it actually costs companies a bit of money to update their games on consoles too. Taleworlds isn't going to have different versions of the pc and console games when the game has multiplayer so I don't see how they can put out any more updates between now and full release.

Yeah. I would guess they made a version to ship for 10/25 but are making a day one patch and DO NOT WAN'T players playing unpatched version and calling out any remaining bugs and possibly hurting sales. I mean, sure we could report bugs, but it also exposes them and also remember many players don't actually know what is and isn't coming so they have all kind of wild ideas of what might end up in the "Full Release" and people playing it now would undermine that.

Yep! Absolutely. That's why I believe they'll dip, and relatively quickly. As you said, they [console players] probably don't know what has been cut from the game and how truly shocking the game development has been. If I ran my company and scaled back features of my product like TW did I would be dragged out of my office by my clients.

I bet they're thanking their stars that there is this dedicated Taleworlds forum for us to complain on, because otherwise there would be more people on Reddit complaining about the game which I believe would have been seen by more potential console players. I mean, even their Facebook posts are getting dog piled on these days, and they used to be mega supportive of TW, now they'll all as pissed as us.

Last edited:
I bet they're thanking their stars that there is this dedicated Taleworlds forum for us to complain on, because otherwise there would be more people on Reddit complaining about the game which I believe would have been seen by more potential console players. I mean, even their Facebook posts are getting dog piled on these days, and they used to be mega supportive of TW, now they'll all as pissed as us.
Eh even Reddit is pretty critical these days, I mean just look at this:

Or this (which I don't think will ever get fixed at this point):

I truly wish I could stop people from buying this game on console. They're basically getting screwed with an incomplete product. I mean console version might be okay if you only plan to play til like Clan Tier 3 for just 50 hours or so, participating in a handful of sieges. Of course if those sieges bug out (cause one guy gets stuck in a wall)... maybe not such a great experience.

I think it's very probable TW is going to get some serious flak come November, but honestly they've only got themselves to blame at this point.

Even the Steam forums are funny, people are not that stupid :smile:

The release will be perfect, an untested version. Only TWs "qa" tested it and they can´t even find obvious bugs that every player finds after playing for 1h. Or better, the bugs finds the player because they´re so obvious.

But the many found synergies between the console and pc version that TW found will help for sure :grin:

Last edited:

but, if i understand your theory correctly, doesn't this mean many mods will be outdated / broken at launch?

if they released a beta of the launch version now the modders could get to work right away no?

one thing for is certain though we are being kept in the dark as to what is happening and what is going to happen.

but, if i understand your theory correctly, doesn't this mean many mods will be outdated / broken at launch?

if they released a beta of the launch version now the modders could get to work right away no?

one thing for is certain though we are being kept in the dark as to what is happening and what is going to happen.

They could release a new beta now and still release a day 1 update at launch and the mods would still be in the same boat... It's not about what the game does to the mods.... It's what the modders gonna do about it... If they on the ball and update the mods at launch right?

That´s why I´ve asked TW if we can use older version after the "final" release.

The "final" release will just be another update that adds stuf (like banners) and break a lot of things (as every major update). The people that really play the game will need mods to fix most broken issues (like the grain bug, which TW took weeks to fix while modders took days).

Console crowd will be so ****ed, for the PC crowd nothing will change.

Very entertaining to read the conspiracy theories after 1.9.0 was pushed out, Thanks a lot!
You're welcome

1.9 getting released here definitely surprised me, especially with 1.8.1 being released not that long ago. That said TW is still dragging arse as usual. Just giving the 1.9 Beta Thread a quick look over, seems there are still issues with Companions spawning. Which is kind of a big problem for a game releasing in 3 weeks here ya know?

Now yes it's not really the community's job to be QA here, but I think it would also be disingenuous to imply the community hasn't been instrumental in resolving a number of bugs and assorted issues over these past 2 years. How a game releases is extremely important and no offense, but TW can't afford to take their usual 4-6 months between updates if something like Companion spawns are broken. PC players can use mods as bandaids, but no such luck for console players.

And that's the obvious stuff. Who knows what wonderful and potentially game breaking bugs might be present if say some someone gets to day 1000 in 1.9? It's a very real possibility the game could be quite broken on release and stay that way.

I wanna install 1.9 and see what's new - but I fear for the mods I'm using and as such I decided to ignore even the patch notes for now
theodoros.gif

You're welcome

1.9 getting released here definitely surprised me, especially with 1.8.1 being released not that long ago. That said TW is still dragging arse as usual. Just giving the 1.9 Beta Thread a quick look over, seems there are still issues with Companions spawning. Which is kind of a big problem for a game releasing in 3 weeks here ya know?

Now yes it's not really the community's job to be QA here, but I think it would also be disingenuous to imply the community hasn't been instrumental in resolving a number of bugs and assorted issues over these past 2 years. How a game releases is extremely important and no offense, but TW can't afford to take their usual 4-6 months between updates if something like Companion spawns are broken. PC players can use mods as bandaids, but no such luck for console players.

And that's the obvious stuff. Who knows what wonderful and potentially game breaking bugs might be present if say some someone gets to day 1000 in 1.9? It's a very real possibility the game could be quite broken on release and stay that way.
question, is it still bannerless?

I wanna install 1.9 and see what's new - but I fear for the mods I'm using and as such I decided to ignore even the patch notes for now
theodoros.gif

question, is it still bannerless?
No, I can confirm Banners, got one off of an embers of the flame party.

Exactly how effective -(0.05) moral shock is, no idea yet. But it IS A Banner and it's mine now!

You're welcome

I think this whole "not our job" stuff is just a result of the loudest voices on the forum venting their frustration. If you see someone dropping something on the street, most people will tell them about it or pick it up for them. If you find a bug in a game, you report it if you want. There are no players sitting day in, day out trying to find all the bugs and nobody is asking them to.

I'm doing some very minor customizing on a mod at the moment but I'll do a short run in 1.9 without mods over the weekend. In 1.8.1 I feel that there is still quite a bit of work left to be done. Hopefully I'll be presently surprised, it does look like a nice and beefy patch.

In the end it's going to be best for all of us if this thing launches in the best possible state.

TW have already said they will keep updates going after release which makes it sort of still in EA(?). It does seem to support my theory that this release date was forced by (the contract with) Koch Media.

Back
Top Bottom