Any possibility for the 1.9 patch being released this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

I really hope we´ll get the next update/hotfix whatever TW will call it like one week before the "final" release, so there is like no time left to find all the bugs and things TW breaks with the new update. Everyone knows how good TWs internal QA is, if there is any at all :smile:

I don't know if they are planning to have 1.9 and make the release essentially 1.9.1 by fixing the bugs and maybe adding some minor new feature, or if they genuinely want to have 2 patches. It's definitely not impossible since until a year or so ago, we used to get a new patch every 2-3 weeks. It's not like they don't have a patch to release in the first place, they had a patch made specifically for Gamescom. My impression is that they're kinda winging it and the game might not even be "ready" for the release day next month.

My impression is that they're kinda winging it and the game might not even be "ready" for the release day next month.
That´s for sure, otherwise they would have added features wie "claimants" before the "final" release and fixed most major broken things. There was a point when TW said: "**** it, we are done and release this mess and try to fix all issues afterwards."

It's possible what they had a gamescon was more of a custom thing for the event and not actually a patch that could go into the game or the console version. Whatever they're doing I hope they make sure there are no more game derailing bugs on the 25th. A person should be able to at least use all existing functions of the game and complete the game (AKA paint the map) as the "full release" even if balance and changes are still coming. If we have the same basic problems still on console it's going to be very embarrassing and there won't be any quick mods to patch it up.

i assume no patch before October 25th full release because I just found this looks like they are already testing release patch https://steamdb.info/app/261550/depots/
NAMEDESCRIPTIONBUILD IDTIME UPDATED
release_testRelease version test959895618 hours ago
so_it_begins.jpg

i assume no patch before October 25th full release because I just found this looks like they are already testing release patch https://steamdb.info/app/261550/depots/
NAMEDESCRIPTIONBUILD IDTIME UPDATED
release_testRelease version test959895618 hours ago
It seems like we won't have a 1.9 update between now and the release. I wonder if we will get the release patch earlier than 25th October as early beta testers though. I reeeeeally hope that we will be testing for the sake of both TW, console players and people who will be buying BL for the release considering the never-ending list of bugs added by new patches, but you never know.

I don't know if they are planning to have 1.9 and make the release essentially 1.9.1 by fixing the bugs and maybe adding some minor new feature, or if they genuinely want to have 2 patches. It's definitely not impossible since until a year or so ago, we used to get a new patch every 2-3 weeks. It's not like they don't have a patch to release in the first place, they had a patch made specifically for Gamescom. My impression is that they're kinda winging it and the game might not even be "ready" for the release day next month.
That's probably the truth

But again they have to be printing discs by now, so some form of 1.9 should be ready. But I suspect a lot of work is being done for a Day 1 Patch 1.9.1, that's almost a given with any developer these days.

I also suspect part of what's going on is a bit of damage control too. Yeah they "showed" it at gamescom, but anyone there was limited to like an hour of gameplay. And only a small number of creators actually went to begin with, so information is sparse at best. About the only known things is there will probably be banners and troop jittering has been greatly reduced.

It may also be they are trying to quell potential outcry of it being unfair EA people get access to the release game early. Though seems rather silly to worry about such after 2+ years of EA.

I mean, it literally "Early" access, so it would be funny if they did cry foul. Although, gamers also cried about GTA 6 leaks having bad graphics even though the clips were clearly from a very early build, so you never know.

But again they have to be printing discs by now, so some form of 1.9 should be ready. But I suspect a lot of work is being done for a Day 1 Patch 1.9.1, that's almost a given with any developer these days.
Wow, I didn't even think there was physical release, but there is! It would make sense to not want a PC version or beta coming out now, since we would give it negative attention if it had any bugs. Plus it would dispel all the "what if' some people have over (not)possible features in the full release. Of course this is a bit undermined by there already being serious bugs in 1.8 stable that need to be modded out to finish a campaign in a tolerable way. But again, they could depend on the average consumer not knowing that or assuming "everything will be fixed" on 10/25.

Wow, I didn't even think there was physical release, but there is! It would make sense to not want a PC version or beta coming out now, since we would give it negative attention if it had any bugs. Plus it would dispel all the "what if' some people have over (not)possible features in the full release. Of course this is a bit undermined by there already being serious bugs in 1.8 stable that need to be modded out to finish a campaign in a tolerable way. But again, they could depend on the average consumer not knowing that or assuming "everything will be fixed" on 10/25.

Is printing discs even much of a thing anylonger? Last 3 games I bought boxed, had just a steam key in them.

I guess we still can (and most certainly should) get early access to the meat of the release patch earlier than console players to test it for bugs & performance and the actual release patch could be 1.9 + bug fixes and maybe (but doubtfully) some new minor features regardless of physical disks. TW already said that they plan to update the game numerous times to add the remaining promised features + maybe more, so it's not like the disk versions will be the final product. I don't think that we will be getting a new patch before the release considering the devs' statements regarding releasing a "hot"fix before a new patch.

25th October is just a day/date as any other. The state of the game will be what it will be. They will continue patching it...or not.

Back
Top Bottom