Any point to buying a ship while you are trading in VC?

Users who are viewing this thread

unity100

Veteran
Im using VCRE 2.06 and Dark Ages, but i think its not too different in VCRE:

Asking portmaster to go to another port doesnt cost much, and it takes me very fast (time compression). I can easily run a trade route in North Sea among ~6 ports very profitably.

I bought a ship (skeid, 20 speed) to try. Because it doesnt use time compression like traveling via portmaster, a lot of real world time passes during port to port travel compared to just using portmaster.

So it feels considerably inefficient (at least in real world time) to use a ship of your own.

Is there any actual benefit to buying a ship? Maybe real world time passage is slower with your own ship, but the ship is faster and in-game time passes more slowly compared to portmaster travel?

just like traveling on land you can use the time compression shortcuts

now if it is worth or not depends on your trading routes and army size. If you try to do that with a big warband the price will break your treasure box.

you may also want to join/avoid sea battles, capture ships, and so on.

kalarhan said:
just like traveling on land you can use the time compression shortcuts

Hah. I didnt know that. Thanks. It will be useful.

Then there is no actual benefit to having a ship for trading? It feels much more convenient to just click the city name from portmaster menu and just to be taken there.

If you have your own ship you can participate in sea battles and capture more ships, rescue high tier prisoners without having to train them up, and get very valuable loot from vikings.

Back
Top Bottom