Any plans to expand the siege battles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Polson

Recruit
Are you planning to expand the siege battles into more immersive and epic experience?

The keep battles has a system in which AI is holding specific choke points and positions, also they are falling back, when they see that they can't hold a specific part of the keep. Are we going to see similar system during siege battles, when attackers are overwhelming the defenders on walls, took the gate, so defenders are falling back to second layer of walls or taking positions in the tight streets? Personally, when i fight sieges in most cases it all ends when the gate is taken, my men are everywhere on the walls, and like 200 defenders are retreating, but actually they could only fall back and continue to fight on the streets and on the second layer of walls. Some cities are perfect for 2 or even 3 wall-layered. It would be much harder to take a city, but also much more immersive and oh boy, fighting on the streets, taking second layer of walls, the siege battle would be long but how epic and amazing that would be.

What do you think guys?

Last edited:
I think they are trying to get the current system working properly ATM lol

Some castle maps have a large staircase up to the Keep, this could be defended with infantry in shield wall while archers / javelineers fire from behind. I would prefer this over Keep battle, which is a non-event in my books.

It would be much harder to take a city, but also much more immersive and oh boy, fighting on the streets, taking second layer of walls, the siege battle would be long but how epic and amazing that would be.
I've been saying this since the beginning of the EA. Sieges are pretty underwhelming, as soon as you get enough of your troops on the wall it's literally game over for the defender, thus it's becoming very repetitive doing this over and over. This devblog even talks about a layered defence so there might be a chance that they implement it soon™.

Some castle maps have a large staircase up to the Keep, this could be defended with infantry in shield wall while archers / javelineers fire from behind.
Cool idea, its always something for a 1 level castle with only one layer of walls.
This devblog even talks about a layered defence so there might be a chance that they implement it soon™.
Let's hope TW will make a statement soon about it cause siege battles are a big part of the game and they should be made properly.

BTW i'm a huge fan Artem <3 keep on what you doing for the community and the game :wink:

Ohh great, so this thing is already discussed on the forum, i hope the DEVS will see this and will try to reply, in the meantime i am waiting for the battle terrain system, cause it looks promising.

Layered siege defense would be amazing!!!
Something like this.

Back
Top Bottom