Any news on the FSE Forums being down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just found this,

"Unfortunately, as many of you may have already noticed, both the FSE forum and website are currently down. The reason for this downtime is a DDOS attack that has been conducted against our server located in Germany. Upon beginning of the attack, the server has been promptly disconnected by our hoster, in order to prevent further servers from being affected and us, the FSE team, currently have no means to restart it nor reestablish the regular functioning of our forums due to temporary unavailability of the only team member who possesses the server login data. There have been made attempts to retrieve this data through other email addresses or browser-saved passwords, but so far all our attempts have failed. Consequently, the regular functioning of our forums and website should coincide with the return of our previously citated team member, which should occur in roughly 4-5 days. Until then, we do hope you understand the current situation and stick with us once more. We are certainly not going to neglect this event and if this DDOS attack will be confirmed by adequate proof, legal actions are going to be undertaken, in order to find the culprit behind such criminal acts.

The FSE Team
"

https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/33bfbt/fse_forums_down/

If it's coming from Germany then it is probably Betty. I was her friend on steam for a while, but she wanted me to delete some of my friends for her "cause".

It might not be her, but, you never know.

Sorry I brought up Betty again.

BSM "Shut Up" Williams

read again, it's the servers that are in germany. And beside's Elliot was last seen roaming the UK.
Also, it's not just FSE that is gettiing attacked, so is this forum but since we have cloudflare it's not much of a problem.

MaHuD said:
Also, it's not just FSE that is gettiing attacked, so is this forum but since we have cloudflare it's not much of a problem.

Really?  So, what is the scope of this?  Who else is being bombarded? 

Is this only related to Warband or are there a bunch of other site unrelated to the game we all love being hit as well?

What's the whole story?  We must know!!!

Hm well I think every big community gets attacked from time to time, and it's hard to say which attacks are related to eachother.
But it is a fact that this forum was attacked several times before (and I think also the main website) and to counter this it's now with cloudflare. Not sure if it's related or not but the public teamspeak has also been attacked several times.
I haven't paid much attention to all of it as of late, since cloudflare protects against most attacks and is already in use for quite some time now.

Ra'Jiska said:
Furrnox said:
Well they got hacked not DDoSed.

Where do you get that from ? Any sources ? Even though officials announced it was DDoS ?

I think he was talking about the PSN being hacked.  I remember Sony admitting it was hacked at the time.  It was why the PSN was down for 3 weeks( i think) or so as they were upgrading their security.  They were also trying to figure out what all was compromised. 

Back
Top Bottom