Any news on mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Computica said:
Ha-ha I have dreams like too! Anyways like Lib said it'll be an entirely new mod. I was way too limited building directly on top of the native code.

I've read your "Mod History Page part 2", and resisted the notion of necro-posting to a 2012 essay.
  It was an interesting read.

As you probably know I inhabit (Hermit crab-like) the shell of Rigale, one mod up from yours in the "list".  Rigale was & still is the
product of that sad genius Cromcrom, who managed to get himself perma banned just moments after handing me his project.
I hope I can hand it back to him someday, somewhat better for the time loaned me.

Your SoD looks, in some aspects, synergistic to my "Phosphor".  I can't match, much, the tale of living in a van in front of a rented house in a hostile neighborhood, although I might have some surprisingly close episodes someplace or another - just not stuff I'd share on the internet.  What I can say is
your project has many things appealing about it.  I hope you are able to go BEYOND a M&B game to do things that weren't originally thought of earlier; necro-ing an old game, warts & glory included, is step 1 of proving to yourself you're honestly a coder.  Been there/done that.  I thought I'd "lost the touch" or more honestly never really had it, but I'm starting to be able to code - at least modding other people's games.  It's not been proven I can make something completely original.  I do have some ideas though.

I want to wish you the best in luck but in my somewhat limited experience, "there's no such thing".  You get called to a project by something inside you, your life adjusts to outside forces that push you away from your calling or drag you, sometimes kicking and screaming, right back to it.  Once in awhile you find other travellers that just happened to be called in the same direction, like a band from Tolkien's LOTR, and if so they may just be able to give you a hand with a particularly difficult patch of work.  But really, to my mind, it's all about answering the Call.  It seems to me Compy got Called, and just didn't have all the pieces needed to finish.  But what do I know of strangers I met today; read a blog or 3 (I write too much, loved his short notes) and after a while I can feel if its "real" enough yet.  Seems worth watching.

Haven't really played it; I barely play my own work.  But it looks like its something worth finishing.  I just hope the end goal is more than re-creating the original.  I hope to see it be something that never was seen - or at least, involve a "best of breed" blend of features, alongside whatever makes something "unique".  Thanks for taking the time to listen.

- GS

Hey GS,

Thanks for your words of encouragement, I think Compy will appreciate it too and I think you echo our feelings about what SoD will become.

It's not over yet, and compy is still working towards his new computer build, then one day soon there will be no stopping us again!

Affliction said:
Glad this mod isn't dead but its kinda sad that I've been waiting for 3 years  :cry:
Trust me Affliction if my life was any different I would of been had a release last year. Sometimes life doesn't go the way you plan weather those plans that are forced upon you be good or bad.

Computica said:
Affliction said:
Glad this mod isn't dead but its kinda sad that I've been waiting for 3 years  :cry:
Trust me Affliction if my life was any different I would of been had a release last year. Sometimes life doesn't go the way you plan weather those plans that are forced upon you be good or bad.

Such is life, if things go as planned though then I'm gonna have a blast after Autumn!

I played this Mod Ages ago. Until you made the campaign map so large My computer stuttered until I raged quit. (rage quit? raged quit?-- passer-bys? passers-by? Whatever, I'ma roll with it.)

I started playing M+B again recently ( yay freeweekend noobs) and thought I would check in for an update.

I'm excited to see there is still work being done. Of course, I'm disappointed its not done yet, but then isn't everyone always?

Tl;dr: carry on, keep doing you

Such is life ay!

We await the arrival of compy getting a mega bucks computer :grin:

I believe it is rage quit(the grammar is immaterial because it is a made up gamers phrase, and most gamers are idiots  :roll: :lol:)

Also I think it is passers by in the plural, because it is multiple passers not mutiple bys. All passers are passing the same by.

ryancup123 said:
So compy, aprox when will you be getting your new PC? it's been a while.

Shhh!  The processor he wants won't be available for grey market (all stocks pre-allocated to HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc) for another 5-6 weeks.  Even if he buys it the very first day Intel sells quantity 1 as non-engineering samples, he will be using a distributor that sells to an intermediate source, so this all takes further days as well.  He doesn't strike me as an Avnet client or one of the big distributors and he buys in less than quantity 100 through 500, which means big boys get priority over end users kitting a PC.  Ask him in November how his PC is doing.

gsanders said:
ryancup123 said:
So compy, aprox when will you be getting your new PC? it's been a while.

Shhh!  The processor he wants won't be available for grey market (all stocks pre-allocated to HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc) for another 5-6 weeks.  Even if he buys it the very first day Intel sells quantity 1 as non-engineering samples, he will be using a distributor that sells to an intermediate source, so this all takes further days as well.  He doesn't strike me as an Avnet client or one of the big distributors and he buys in less than quantity 100 through 500, which means big boys get priority over end users kitting a PC.  Ask him in November how his PC is doing.

2013 - Progress stopped ----> 2 1/2 years (almost 3) later, still no work done on the mod. Of course compy is still posting and giving us *monthly* news. But, if he can post that means he has a PC/Laptop that he can do some coding on.  :ohdear:

Does it really take 3 years to create a computer? A premade desktop/laptop would be alot better.  I brought mine from CyberPowerPC, they allow customomization too!

He has a tablet that he posts from, some progress has been made since the last release, but this is in rebuilding the code base from scratch. Including the base game.

As to why he hasn't bought his computer yet, he doesn't want to buy a cheap build. Why should he? It is his money after all.

As well as all this year he has been focussed on work.

All this has been stated previously.

A part of me is sad as I thought I'd check in and see a nice big update but meh no dramas as the team gizka team said it's coming when its done, keep swinging Computica you'll get there fella

saiyanwarrior said:
A part of me is sad as I thought I'd check in and see a nice big update but meh no dramas as the team gizka team said it's coming when its done, keep swinging Computica you'll get there fella
Same, still checking in daily hoping to see something, but I'm often disinterested sadly, seems like this mod won't make it before bannerlord. :/

ryancup123 said:
saiyanwarrior said:
Same, still checking in daily hoping to see something, but I'm often disinterested sadly, seems like this mod won't make it before bannerlord. :/

Bannerlord might be a next summer sort-of thing.  A lot can happen by then.  I won't hold my breath for Bannerlord right now; its slower in coming than Computica's computer, which has been in waiting for 2-3 years hasn't it?

Yeah somewhere around that, I can't remember exact time frames, at one point he was using his dying laptop to work, that required the use of an external wind source to stop it going bang, along with a graphics display that made everything go screwy on screen.

So not the most enjoyable modding environment! Then it finally went poof!

But even that didn't entirely stop progress as we spent time discussing concepts and ways in which various things might work and play out in game.

All this without getting paid or having a games production company!

Bannerlords still hasn't beaten us yet! :grin:

We just have to keep believing that sunny days are coming!

When the right people and circumstances come along everything can change in days weeks and months.

My own Civ4 mod has been limping along for about 5 years, and someone came along and rebuilt/refurbished 98% of the code in about 2 months at the beginning of this year! So when the conditions are just right, big changes can come in short bursts! 

Well I won't hold my breath to anybody coming along and refurbishing this. I honestly believe Bannerlord will be out before Computica gets a new computica because this wait has felt like centuries.

I'm sorry everyone I achieved my work goal and made senority in my workers union, work and pay is good and all I'm just trying to get my own place and car at this point. Ionly have access to lower budget laptops right now. I still mod religiously I just don't have a computer on hand that'll help me mod Warband and test it properly, I most likely will be building a cheap small ITX build to hold me over until I build the big computer.
The games I've been selfishly modding/tweaking to curve my mod addiction are: Rimworld, Prison Architect, WMMA4, and Comic Book Hero.

Back
Top Bottom