Any mods for bows?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would love to play a decent bowman, but the bow damages suck. Are there any decent mods out there that up the bow damages to make using the bow worthwhile?

I don't even mind if it makes the AI bowmen more deadly, that's fine by me, I just want bows to be useful.

Changing any weapon damage completely unbalance the game. You aren't changing your bow, your changing the whole game's bow. For example, you are using the long bow, and you modify it to deliver lets say 40 ranged damage. That is a super OP bow now, but Nordic archers also use the long bow, now not only will you deliver 40 damage, the nordic archers will deliver 40 damage from range shots aswell. So if you still want to continue, be my guest.

There is no mods that specificly change all the bows weapon damages to higher amounts, so do it manually, should only take a minute or two once you figure out how to do it.

Here is a guide I found.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130516145525AAc1V6R

The path to it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native\item_kinds1.txt

I did not know how to edit weapons either before I stumbled upon your question and this guide. I already learned how to do it in a matter of minutes, so aslong as you can understand what you're reading then you should be good.

Cheers!

Generally all the modules i have played have had worse archery than native. But Gekokujo is either as good as native or better than, in terms of archery being useful.

Back
Top Bottom