Any known mods to change NPC/Vassals equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

SherLock05

Recruit
Does anyone know of a mod or possibly even just editing some files to change the NPC's equipment, anyone outside of my own clan cannot be changed in game and after searching far and wide there doesn't seem to be a mod available to do this.

I am so sick of my vassals running around looking like bums, I want them looking like they are lords not some foot soldier who cannot afford the best armour. I know there was a mod that let's the AI pick better equipment but that's severely outdated.

Equipment slots are integrated into the save game files, so it's actually hard to accomplish this.

I had a corrupted bow on a companion: every time I scrolled to her, the game couldn't find the item and it crashed. I found no way around this except to switch to Civilian view, but of course that didn't let me change her bow.

Equipment slots are integrated into the save game files, so it's actually hard to accomplish this.

I had a corrupted bow on a companion: every time I scrolled to her, the game couldn't find the item and it crashed. I found no way around this except to switch to Civilian view, but of course that didn't let me change her bow.
But we can edit the equipment of companions even ones who are not in your party and leading their own, surely there must be a way to edit those of other clans, or maybe we need a full on editor to come out like the ones we had for warband I dunno.

It sucks we cannot do this, my clan and it's members role around wearing 300K armor whilst everyone else looks like they stole some lowly peasants armor from his cold dead corpse after a battle.

But we can edit the equipment of companions even ones who are not in your party and leading their own, surely there must be a way to edit those of other clans, or maybe we need a full on editor to come out like the ones we had for warband I dunno.

It sucks we cannot do this, my clan and it's members role around wearing 300K armor whilst everyone else looks like they stole some lowly peasants armor from his cold dead corpse after a battle.
I'd call this almost a bug: "Lords dress below their influence and wealth"

I'd call this almost a bug: "Lords dress below their influence and wealth"
Yeah it's definitely an oversight, all we need is the same dialogue option we have with companions "Let me see your equipment"

It won't solve the other AI lords but at least you can equip your own how you see fit, might try my hand at looking at the code for this option and seeing if I can somehow modify it to work with vassals also.

Just to add that I managed to solve this for my own kingdoms vassals by using another mod (Give equipment to companion party leaders on nexus) and then modifying that code to include all my kingdoms vassals instead of just companions.

I could probably do this for all the lords in the game but with said mod it would be quite a long list and not sure how well it will work out or even if at all.

This mod had that option. Idk if it still works but the source code is there.

Equip Items or Trade With Heroes: In my game I have one of my vassals' wives leading a party and she is still wearing her civilian outfit, and while she is brave and I have the utmost respect for her... she is a FOOL. Use this to get heroes like this ready for battle or if you just want to customize a heroes equipped gear. NumPad2 (Campaign Map)

This mod had that option. Idk if it still works but the source code is there.

Thanks man that probably would have worked well also but I sorted it out with a slight mod to the code of the above mod I mentioned. All my vassals now happily wearing armor and weapons made for kings.

I think you can also change the equipment sets used by lords in the equipment_sets.xml before starting a campaign, so that you wouldn't have to do it during the game. I can't remember where that file is though.

Yeah sadly, you can only make vassals with better armor etc if they were formerly your companions. So I suggest that route. I've tried editing npc lords before but their equipment doesn't change. So Idk what's the issue.

Yeah the Devs changed the Lords Item set location a few times , Also there was a mod that allowed you to select lords through the encyclopedia and play as them , I did this to equip them with the items i felt they fit with. Denthert with crown and better armors ect ...

I spent 3 hrs. try to find the right file to change the Faction leader gears . The Patch 1.7.0 removed their crowns in civilian clothes and Battle gear is really bad. I tried to modified directly into Sandbox and Sandboxcore but they hide the Lord files very well. can't find it anywhere. The Lord xms in Sandbox is linked to another file but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I Use BUTR'S Player Switcher Mod to switch to any lord then I change their gears to my liking. Then I switch back to main guy to save. I keep doing this until I upgrade all of the lords through out games. I mainly upgrade Kings/queen and their family members /relatives to be unique.
Don't start a war while doing this or it crash. I turn on Cheat to 1 in config then get in the game switch to the lords . When done I play the game =) .

Back
Top Bottom