Any chance we will see assassins hunting the player?

Do you want to occasionally be hunted by assassins?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
I know... I know... I am going to make the "we had it in Warband" argument, oh well. We did, and it was fun. Being surprised by a group of assassins in villages and cities kept your guard up at night. They should bring it back. This time we should be accompanied by some of our companions, seeing as in cities we don't have our armour or weapons.

On another note, does anyone know if there is a mod for this currently? While TW decides whether or not to implement something like this?

I know... I know... I am going to make the "we had it in Warband" argument, oh well. We did, and it was fun. Being surprised by a group of assassins in villages and cities kept your guard up at night. They should bring it back. This time we should be accompanied by some of our companions, seeing as in cities we don't have our armour or weapons.

On another note, does anyone know if there is a mod for this currently? While TW decides whether or not to implement something like this?
Except it always felt gamey as you were warned "You've walked into an ambush" and could clearly tell you were in a revamped scene meant just for ambush so it felt artificial. Now imagine your walking around a town scene at night (because for some magical reason -in this world you must actually ENTER cities) and there are still civilians hustling about but maybe, just maybe one or a few of them are bandits, assassins or from an enemy lord also in the same town and they really ambush you while your totally unexpected.

I've been thinking about this for awhile now too. I've always wanted a feature where if you defeated & embarrassed another noble (w/ negative traits) during tournaments & arenas numerous times he'd either eventually confront you face to face or send assassins. If I knew anything about coding I would've started this modding project long ago.

Except it always felt gamey as you were warned "You've walked into an ambush" and could clearly tell you were in a revamped scene meant just for ambush so it felt artificial. Now imagine your walking around a town scene at night (because for some magical reason -in this world you must actually ENTER cities) and there are still civilians hustling about but maybe, just maybe one or a few of them are bandits, assassins or from an enemy lord also in the same town and they really ambush you while your totally unexpected.

Would be so cool. Just immagine walking into an alley to meet up with someone or whatever and you hear someone unsheathing his sword behind you.

With the thugs and gangs in cities, I think it will be a fun element. Personally I'll love it. Small chance to generate 1-3 assassins when you enter the town. They could tail you for a while, so if you're observant you could suspect them coming and that adds to the fun. If not, the sound of blades getting drawn would be enough to get you ready as long as it's from a fair distance away. No need for a dialog warning you or anything.

Random assassins can be fun the first 10 times. Then you need some payoff to counter the annoyance.
For example, finding out who hired them and confronting this person. This could also serve as a way to stop assassination attempts from one source. It's important for the player to have some kind of control over random events that can grow annoying.

Random assassins can be fun the first 10 times. Then you need some payoff to counter the annoyance.
For example, finding out who hired them and confronting this person. This could also serve as a way to stop assassination attempts from one source. It's important for the player to have some kind of control over random events that can grow annoying.
+1.

I'd say yes as a part of the conspiracy quest.

People should also be able to hire assassins to unleash on the enemy too ... with big consequences if they are caught (ex: as bad as executions of prisoner lords).

Yeah, it would be good if it was implemented along with some relationship mechanics, so you could hunt down those who sent assassins on you.
I we can keep our armor and weapons in the city. Other wise a bounty hunter party send after you would be better then in the city.
But that would remove the challenge, since our parties are usually pretty hard to take on.

Assassins should be implemented either as a proper mechanic or as elements of the main quest as stated above.

Getting assaulted by random bandits did get tiring in Warband as Madvader rightly pointed out.

I find that being able to send in assassins/bounty hunters would make for an awesome high roguery perk. I know it won't happen, but it is definitely something a bandit playthrough could benefit from.

Would be cool if the player can get a quest to kill a noble in a city scene. (only if the player has a bad rep).
Later when the player is more powerful the tables can turn. now there is a chance to be attacked yourself.

Would be cool if the player can get a quest to kill a noble in a city scene. (only if the player has a bad rep).
Later when the player is more powerful the tables can turn. now there is a chance to be attacked yourself.
I like that idea. I mean they already have the traits and encyclopedia entries to support it - could be an option to turn the tides in a war - I've noticed the AI just stays at war until they either get a big fat tribute or totally eliminates the other kingdom - but it takes forever which infinite respawning nobles who break out even with 120% chance to not worth of perks.

Would also add some fun meta aspects to the game, where you can go ahead and assassinate nobles even not on a mission but it makes your traits all lower and of course makes everyone hate you, so when it's Kingdom building time you need to rely on your own party of nobles, mercs and rebel clans.

I agree, it won´t help the game long term if they just add a copy of the assassin in Bannerlord from Warband.

There needs to be some dynamic, different stuff should be able to happen related to different circumstances. But of course, too complex.

The lack of "life" in Bannerlord is a big problem. Everything already feels random.

I mean is anyone actually checking out the log to see what stuff is happening in the world, does anyone care at all?

Last edited:
It would be nice to have lords making plots to assassinate another rival or even their liege. Or hiring some other to go after you, which losing the encounter would mean instant death to your character

I mean is anyone actually checking out the log to see what stuff is happening in the world, does anyone care at all?
-X declares war on Y
-RandomLord has been taken prisoner by OtherRandomLord
-*Long list of random lords taken as prisoners by RandomLordDoomStack*
-MeaninglessCastle has been besieged by a RandomLordDoomStack
-Y has made peace with X
-Z declares war on Y
-X declares war on Z
-*repeat*

The world knows nothing beside declaring endless wars to each other. They've made a 20-day peace treaties, yet, the kingdoms ALWAYS declare wars at each other as soon as the 20 days peace is over (especially in the late game).

What's there to see?

Back
Top Bottom