Any chance of the BoW team reforming?

Users who are viewing this thread

I read the post by NCrawler on how things sort of fell apart for BoW's development.  It was my favorite mod to play back in the day, so I would love it if a full 1.011 version would come out some day.  I have been playing the new version mfberg put out, but it seems to be lacking a lot of the features I remember from the older version.  Also I remember Zathan telling me the newest version would blow my mind, so I get the feeling a ton of new features were being worked on to implement after the official release of M&B.  But then things fell apart. 

Well, here's hoping we see an official BoW 1.011 release some day.

Haha the lateness of my post here i guess reflects how things are :sad: I've spoken to Zathan a bit, but haven't heard from Gilrain in months, and similar for NCrawler. The people that did some work to port the mod seemed to have very little interest in what we'd been working on, so sadly I guess you may never get it... unless NCrawler feels like releasing the stuff we did have, that may be worth a shot, if you can get hold of him. Obviously we had a test version we had been working with - it will have a lot of half built and missing bits, but as far as I remember it was stable and will have things for you to play with... I will see what I can do over the next few days!

i will be interested these days in making the port to warband...
i hope someone reads the post and gives me a list of to do...
i understand i need to do these
1) work in the items file to include the bow items
2) work in the parties to include the bow heroes and dark, awali, and eastern
3) work in scrips to include the scripts of bow... (loot, autoloot, and whatever was in the last version)
and then i`m lost

If there is interest in reviving BoW: Expanded for the Warband version and a team can be formed, I might go ahead and jump back into the thick of it.  I have just today downloaded Warband and will check it out and then start comparing the module system to the old M&B .903 version to see how much has changed.  If there are too many changes to make this feasible, then a release for the last version of M&B would probably be the better route.

Now that college football season is over and some projects at work are coming to a close, I should have a bit more modding time available.  Are any of the old team interested in getting back together and working on this project again?

NC

Whoa totaly out of the blue, nice to see you back NC. How have you been?
I could start working on it again for what its worth. Dunno about others, are they still around the forums?

Branko said:
Whoa totaly out of the blue, nice to see you back NC. How have you been?
I could start working on it again for what its worth. Dunno about others, are they still around the forums?

I'm good, and you?  I'm not sure if the others are still around or not but I will start sending PM's to see.  I have not tried the Warband version yet, it's more of a multiplayer version isn't it?  If so, our best bet would be to probably just go with the last version of M&B.  It would be 100x easier to upgrade from the .903 version that way.  If we get a few others onboard I'll get us a forum set up again like we had in the past and we can start throwing around ideas again.

NC

Hy guys,
basically MB is single player strategy+ shooter
WB is on multiplayer only counterstrike (1 hit kills, no strategy, snipers and all that).
so BOW on WB multiplayer has no future, as the things that made the core of BOW can not be exported to multiplayer
the only thing i can think off is something like C-RPG (multiplayer with web-based RPG - items, and character management) maybe expanded to include some npc bodyguards (so when u spawn u spawn with 2 npcs), and maybe a looting option (kill someone u take one item from him). that would be the really annoying.
porting to  MB 1.011 would be easier, but mb is kinda dead, as it has not had any work done on it for a while. Most modders moved to warband (so noone is releasing some good codes for us to rip) 
Codes i WB can not be copy pasted in MB. Minor changes have appeared. (could not take companions, had to rewrite them)

and in order to reply my own post
I did for WB single player starting native last edition (1.134):
Included 32  npc`s (ruined the dialogue thow, dunno why)
Improved the loot to include the dead guy`s bodies, expanded the pool to 2.5k items out of which u get the best 96 (based on IMOD rating) (works great, little problems thow when a lot of different types of troops are involved)

What i want to implement:
multi-damage on weapons (example sword has cutting damage+ blunt= cutting is usualy stopped by the armour, but u still get some broken ribs). this should change the game-play a lot.
i wish to make the blunt damage (weapon mass*(weapon lenght/100)^2)*10 and to make the speed to be reverse of that (a low weight short dagger should have max speed).
Cutting should be similar for all (say 30c). Getting cut by a sharper or duller sword should kill you just the same if u are naked. cutting should be stopped by any metallic armor (including chain)
Piercing should also be a function of weapon mass, shape form, and weapon speed^2 (projectile speed) (1 blunt arrow should penetrate less than a ultra-fine sharp one, having same mass and speed). Piercing should also stack with blunt for the weapons (although not for arrows/bolts because of the small mass). should penetrate chaninmail (with some loss) and only stop in plate armor (some high-penetration projectiles like siege x-bow and war-bow should still pass trough). stopping a couched lance with your chest plate should still knock you unconscious although not impaled.
maybe for some armour different resistance to weapons (padded leather should have 10% to pierce, 50%to cut and 70% to blunt, chainmail should have 90% to cut, 20% to pierce, and 10% to blunt (if no padding it makes no difference when u are hit with a 10 kilo hammer)

Back
Top Bottom