Any chance for Cross Platform-Multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

BananaBob

Squire
Hello

i just wonder if ther will ever be a cross platform multiplayer.

What are the differences between pc, ps4 and x1 version anyways?

is a mod for the pc version possible wich make it compatible with one (or both) of the consoles?

i would like to play with a friend, but he didnt realise yet that the pc is the masterrace and i will never touch one of this stinky consoles  :twisted :razz:

I would love to play with players on different platforms. I understand that the playstyles would differ but lets look at another game that did such a thing such as Fortnite! They are such a big success especially with their choice of allowing different platforms to play with one another. Games are made to play with friends but unfortunately, not all people play on the same gaming platform so might as well allow the option to.

With most games I'm all for cross-platform playing. M&B, on the other hand, just wouldn't feel right with cross-platform. I could be wrong, but that's just what I feel having played both (console for about 5 minutes before I went back to PC)

BananaBob said:
i just wonder if ther will ever be a cross platform multiplayer.
...When the game was announced in 2016 for consoles I ask to the dev who worked on this if they plan a crossplatform experience...
...he answered: "Not on release and probably never. There are some requirements on some systems that makes this very hard."...

source:

ciauz^^,
Jab

Last edited:
Crossplay with Xbox platforms is badly needed for console versions. The individual online playerbase for console is tiny its near impossible to get a game until late at night and even then its one server half full. And The one time we managed to get 52 players in a single server on Playstation, once the round ended everyone was ejected from the game and had to re matchmake. Game is good but needs work.

This is impossible, I am not joking when I say the physics from Xbox to PC are different. In Xbox you learn to shoot in first person or third person based on how you want the arrow to go and learn to run in certain patches of land for more speed, move a horse a certain way to get through walls, move a certain way to get through horses, etc. In PC it doesn't matter if you are in third or first person, you use discord calls or text chat which Xbox has or uses neither, and PS4 having text chat. PC also has simple and comprehensive physics so no wacky horse maneuvers, horses stall longer on Xbox so they are weaker than on PC. Just about everything is fundamentally different making them separate games. The game gets made for PC and consoles get a shoddy emulation. That said I always will prefer console for the difference in play style which exists not from choice but necessity. PC warband Vaegirs are one of the strongest factions, on Xbox they're the undisputed weakest, any PC player would understand immediately how different the game must be for that to be a reality.

Back
Top Bottom