Any Bannerlord mods to slow aging of all characters for players who don't want to play as their children?

Users who are viewing this thread

It might not be as simple as adding in an option or slider though. The whole game will revolve around aging, dying, etc. except for the immortal you? I don't know if it is that simple. I am not against more options, but not at the detriment to development. We don't know what they have planned or what features they will add and their development goals may revolve around this feature. You can already use mods to stop your aging so I don't see the issue honestly.
The whole game doesn't revolve around that. In fact, it wasn't considered necessary for that mechanic to be functioning despite them deciding it was ready for Early Access. They only recently added visual effects as a result from aging. Others have claimed they've waited past 100 years without their character dying. The game can be played without it, obviously.

No other Mount & Blade game made characters have a mandatory expiration date. They didn't force players to re-level an heir to continue a playthrough. That legacy feature should be an option out of the box.

I understand that you want to play that way and that is your choice, but aren't you greatly over exaggerating? The time does not pass nearly as quickly as you are saying. I have a game going on now I have spent probably between 20 and 30 hours on and I am on day 756, which means not even 10 years have passed. I am the ruler of a huge kingdom with several clans under me and huge armies. If anything, I wish it took way longer to get to this point and that the years went by. I have 4 kids which are now around 4 years old. I will definitely conquer all of Calradia way before they ever reach adulthood and my character gets old.

So which is it? The mandatory aging is a core component of the game, and significantly factors into the entire experience; or that the aging and heir system is barely an issue and unnoticeable for you?

The whole game doesn't revolve around that. In fact, it wasn't considered necessary for that mechanic to be functioning despite them deciding it was ready for Early Access. They only recently added visual effects as a result from aging. Others have claimed they've waited past 100 years without their character dying. The game can be played without it, obviously.

No other Mount & Blade game made characters have a mandatory expiration date. They didn't force players to re-level an heir to continue a playthrough. That legacy feature should be an option out of the box.

So which is it? The mandatory aging is a core component of the game, and significantly factors into the entire experience; or that the aging and heir system is barely an issue and unnoticeable for you?

That is because it isn't complete, it doesn't mean it isn't an important part of the gameplay. You have no idea what they intend to do with it, but go ahead and continue to assume as if you know what is going on in their minds or their plans.

As for the second reply you made, no clue why you are saying what you said there. It doesn't make any sense because my comment doesn't state what you are asking me. I want there to be age and for your character to age and also for you to become your heir and continue your clan. The issue I have is that things happen too quickly and I am not talking about the aging here. I am talking about how in just 10 short years I have conquered enough territory to make me the strongest faction. I am not dominating everything just yet, but I have pretty much become the strongest. I would like for more time to pass and also for there to be much more difficulty in building things up but also require more effort. If I wanted to play the play style of developing a powerful noble family within a nation for example and slowly over time (as the generations pass) building up my clan, marrying into different families, basically like crusader kings in some ways. Of course, that doesn't have to be the only way to play and for what I would like to see happen there needs to be much more political stability and nations need to feel like nations.

However, regardless of what I want, there needs to be more development. I have no clue, and nor do you, where they plan to go with this.

A little late to this party but this still remains one of the top results from Google when searching for an answer. I don't suppose if anyone knows of any work being done on mods for the expiration date removal? I have failed at finding any.

A little late to this party but this still remains one of the top results from Google when searching for an answer. I don't suppose if anyone knows of any work being done on mods for the expiration date removal? I have failed at finding any.

You can use the Detailed Character Creator to reset your age to whatever.

You can use the Detailed Character Creator to reset your age to whatever.
And it resets whenever you enter to Character Editor (V button default). But I don't really think that characters grow old too fast. Aging here is really slow, and characters seem to be immortal (I saw Rhagaea kicking asses being 96 years old hag).

And it resets whenever you enter to Character Editor (V button default).

Are you sure about that? I was curious so I attempted it and still was same age. In my very meandering 4.2 game, I am currently 104. So I may actually get to find out what happens when you max out age and never married.

Back
Top Bottom