Anti-infantry projectiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwezz

Sergeant at Arms

1:28-1:45

With the recent buffs to balistas I find myself actually having fun when using them, on the other hand mangonels and trebuchets still suck. Their only purpose is to destroy the walls/siege equipment at the start of the round. Would it be possible to add the anti-infantry projectiles to multiplayer to actually make them fun? Most mangonels/trebs have more than 2 stacks of rocks near them so replacing at least one stack is possible. Or would this change cause too many balance issues?

I'm not saying to replace all rocks/pots with anti-infatry projectiles. Just 1 stack is fine so that mangonels aren't obsolete after the gates and walls are destroyed.
Well it depends on how you define obsolete. The fact is that they can be used to destroy numerous walls and parts of it (and parts of non destructible walls), destroying all of these in a 30 minute match is probably impossible time wise. Although you have not clearly described what you mean with obsolete, I am assuming it is because you think the siege weapons lose value after all the most significant destructible objects are destroyed. While this is true, there will still be value to using the siege weapons even after the supposedly high priority walls are destroyed.

I think TW has plans to enable scattershots in Multiplayer too, which would be anti infantry.

Problem with catapults is that they are very precise but the aiming is unintuitive. If you have memorized the right calibration for a shot you can take out most enemy catapults with one shot, but only from the one catapult posotion for which you have memorized it. Otherwise you will need multiple tries of shooting and adjusting based on where your shot landed.

Back
Top Bottom