Anti-cheating on multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Nearly 100 blogs, but no mention of multiplayer anti-cheating. I hope there will be more innovative and sophisticated anti-cheating mechanisms on the blog in the future.
Mordhau is a very fun, fair, competitive multiplayer game, but after that, there are 360° and 180° no dead angle auto blocks and various super accelerations plug-in software show on, even adding vac later didn't help, I had to give up the game. To put it bluntly, I just don't want mb2 multiplayer games like mordhau, bf1/5, csgo, rb6 etc ruined by cheat plugins, these are good games, but they don't have the ability to fight cheating (especially EA). I can only hope that mb2's multiplayer anti-cheating capabilities will surpass these games. Also, using bugs to play unbalanced games in multiplayer is a problem. Finally, try to avoid cheating in the single player mode, because no one will supervise you, to do so is to experience the game well.
Since I entered BBS, I have received many messages about violating BBS rules. If there is any misunderstanding, please tell me.

I dont think its possible to have better anti cheat than the AAA companies you said. Mb have lots of singleplayer and multiplayer mods and you may  drop them if you wanna anti cheat or anti piracy system.

KucukEniste said:
I dont think its possible to have better anti cheat than the AAA companies you said. Mb have lots of singleplayer and multiplayer mods and you may  drop them if you wanna anti cheat or anti piracy system.
Fortunately I only like MB sp mode.

They can, and it’s called denuvo. Problem is, it will make the game very mod-unfriendly, which is the only thing that keeps Mount and blade games alive, so it would essentially be a shot in the foot.

Pt.C said:
KucukEniste said:
If you only like SP, there's no reason to be concerned with anti-cheat.  You can cheat in single player but no one is going to care.

Pt.C said:
KucukEniste said:
Just noticed this comment, if that’s the case why do you care at all?

[SOTR] Roy said:
Pt.C said:
KucukEniste said:
Just noticed this comment, if that’s the case why do you care at all?
Because I might play multiplayer too, try to avoid contact with junk players, and the words on the second floor really worried me.About BF5, I only played the deluxe version in the public beta for three days mp and then I didn't want to play it again. For me, I think every multiplayer game has a freshness lifetime, and the duration is critical to anti-cheating.

I don't think cheating was ever an issue in Warband. A newer player has more to fear from every day skilled players than cheaters. Most cheaters just used autoblock and were otherwise totally useless. They all stopped bothering with the autoblock when they realized their score was still 2-10 and that blocking is only a very small part of combat.

I guess anti-cheat would be relevant for Official Matchmaking, but otherwise would be irrelevant.

Sundeki said:
I don't think cheating was ever an issue in Warband. A newer player has more to fear from every day skilled players than cheaters. Most cheaters just used autoblock and were otherwise totally useless. They all stopped bothering with the autoblock when they realized their score was still 2-10 and that blocking is only a very small part of combat.

I guess anti-cheat would be relevant for Official Matchmaking, but otherwise would be irrelevant.
Pretty much. If auto-blocking ends up being the biggest issue as far as cheating is concerned, then there's nothing to worry about really.
Not that cheating will be restricted to auto-blocking however...

Noudelle said:

I'm not really sure what they could get away with other than that. Auto-aim is just about useless given the slow speed of the projectile, and won't be able to factor in erratic player movements.
The only things I can think of that could be a problem are Flying, Wall Glitching and Invulnerability, but I think in Warband (If I remember correctly) health, location on the map, and at least part of the collision data were on the server, not the client. I'm not at all experienced in how hacking actually functions, but in my ~4000+ hours of Warband: the only hacking I ever saw was autoblocking. If they design the game mechanics for Bannerlord in the same manner as Warband, then there shouldn't be any issues.

Auto blocking has been an issue on warband, specifically on pw. However, this was mostly counteracted by two factors: 95% of players have shields, and it is so laggy that blocking can be somewhat unnecessary in important battles.

Sundeki said:
Noudelle said:

I'm not really sure what they could get away with other than that. Auto-aim is just about useless given the slow speed of the projectile, and won't be able to factor in erratic player movements.
The only things I can think of that could be a problem are Flying, Wall Glitching and Invulnerability, but I think in Warband (If I remember correctly) health, location on the map, and at least part of the collision data were on the server, not the client. I'm not at all experienced in how hacking actually functions, but in my ~4000+ hours of Warband: the only hacking I ever saw was autoblocking. If they design the game mechanics for Bannerlord in the same manner as Warband, then there shouldn't be any issues.
Overall, I'd say that cheaters have had an extremely minimal impact on the game.
However, I do remember a certain player in Napoleonic Wars years ago who made it his mission to ruin the game for everyone in North America when he was logged in. Spawning hundreds of crates of TNT and crashing the server. **** like that. He even had a Youtube channel where he uploaded videos of his 1337 hacker skills in action.
Hopefully TW are taking proper measures to make this kind of **** impossible.

Well, Community Support M.Arda said this:
M.ArdA_TaleWorlds said:
Bannerlord'da üçüncü parti bir anti hile yazılımı kullanacağız. Ancak detayları henüz netleşmiş değil. Zamanı gelince detaylı açıklaması yapılır.
Which means:

"We will use third party anti-cheat software in Bannerlord but details are not clear yet. Detailed explanation will made when the time came."

Sundeki said:
Noudelle said:

Then I'm a little relieved, but the auto block in mordhau's deathmatch makes me sick. Although a few won't make a big difference, I think I will participate in more bot and player modes.

People saying cheaters dont have any impact in the battles especially in competitive matches have never experienced it i guess. Auto-aim is not as useless as you think. With auto-block you basically won't die in a 1v1. Wallhack is commonly used as well. Many people left competitive area of the game because of hackers. If you dont care about multiplayer dont comment or at least dont try to trivialize the subject.

ssalih said:
People saying cheaters dont have any impact in the battles especially in competitive matches have never experienced it i guess. Auto-aim is not as useless as you think. With auto-block you basically won't die in a 1v1. Wallhack is commonly used as well. Many people left competitive area of the game because of hackers. If you dont care about multiplayer dont comment or at least dont try to trivialize the subject.

Sad But True

I already make this topic - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368274.0.html
But still there is no official devs statement ....

Autoblock, wallhack, aimbot, macros, change textures (no flora, fluorescent projectiles and weapons - for easy aim and block, sniper closeup for aim ...), and all others changes to files, and possibility to join server without any penalty ....

I hope they will have some anti-cheat protection, especially these days when competitive multiplayer is very important part of gaming industry.

Time will tell how anti-cheat is implemented. TaleWorlds has only mentioned that they are working on it, otherwise the official word is mum.

I’m no dev but I’m guessing the game and netcode need to be finished before effective anti-cheat can be implemented.

Cheating is prevalent in warbands multiplayer even if you don't want to admit it. The ****show with the competitive scene is enough...
It'd be a detriment to not have some kind of anti-cheating implemented and I can't see myself playing much if the multiplayer is tainted with cheaters only a few weeks after release.

Everyone playing multiplayer with an ounce of dignity should share this reasoning, would very much like to hear what developers have to share about this

Back
Top Bottom