Anti-Cheating Disussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Namakan said:
So, it happened again. Has happened before, and it probably will happen again in the future. At what point do you plan on taking measures against it? An ID based admin system, for example?

It was tried at some point, but there was some problems with it.

it's like European gun laws, only the crazy guy gets the gun.

if everyone playing on the server had admin, they wouldn't get banned.

:!:

Namakan said:
So, it happened again. Has happened before, and it probably will happen again in the future. At what point do you plan on taking measures against it? An ID based admin system, for example?

As Alene stated it, a lot of admins tried to take actions against it. The fact is that it's more complicated then it looks like and ask competences that not everyone has. It was proved on NW for exemple that it is possible (but it eventually was removed at some point for unknows reasons), but it remains extremly complicated.

I doubt you will ever find someone willing to spend a lot of time working on it, given that Bannerlord is more and more closer.

I believe Oliveran did something like that. A password hasn't been used for ages for any IG admins. He even has different levels with certain functions blocked depending on how low the level is.

Problem before, as I understood it, was that that admin flag was given on map start. That caused many simultaneous requests on web server, and resulted in some admins not getting the admin. I don't know why the admin flag was not given on server join.

I don't see why you'd do it on map start, especially since the player-join code is also executed when a map is started(You can see that by all the "XXX joined the server"-messages coming up on mapstart on servers that have them on)

If you wanna try, I'd say go for it, but it's a system which should have been implemented way before anyways. Now it feels a bit late and I do believe it won't be used for long. (it is never too late actually since Bannerlord isn't out yet and there will still be one or two competitions on Warband for sure, maybe even more). But if you got the time, feel free of course.

I see Osiris has converted into Survivorism :lol: (judging by the avatar)

I don't see Anti-Cheat systems working that well, there's always a way to evade it. Haven't worked in the past at least.

Using admin ID check is easy and AFAIK the NW one had no problems.
It also auto banned people that uses the admin pass but didnt have clearance.

Admin ID check would be the easiest solution, as long as there's someone to script it. I tried making it before, but it proved to be too complex for me.

And we can't use the one in the NW though because of the copyright.

You can find the one who did it tho, Dodo. The last time I asked him, he told me he was too busy but that's worth a try I'd say.

The copyright is not really an issue, I can either ask Vince for permission or remake it myself. (Since I made it for vince in the first place :razz:)
Though I have heard a variety of other people speak up already in the topic, saying they can either do it or get it from somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom