Anti-cheat

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes there will be one. They didn't say which one but i'm not sure how to feel about this.

I hope they disable the anti cheat for mods. Because it could work fine in native but for mods it could make issues.
They also said they would use a popular DRM i believe but not sure which one. 

If implemented right Anti-cheat and DRM protection can work fine. If implemented wrong it could **** up mods.

Younes said:
Yes there will be one. They didn't say which one but i'm not sure how to feel about this.

I hope they disable the anti cheat for mods. Because it could work fine in native but for mods it could make issues.
They also said they would use a popular DRM i believe but not sure which one. 

If implemented right Anti-cheat and DRM protection can work fine. If implemented wrong it could **** up mods.

Agreed, I think the Anti-Cheat should only be for the native module, with the option for mod creators to enable the Anti-Cheat for their own.

[SOTR] Roy said:
A few years ago they made some emails to Denuvo, but we haven't heard anything since.
Please not this overrated ****, sorry :cry:. If it didn't changed over the time, which i doubt, i remember some funny things about Denuvo and reduced gaming performance:
it uses VM, which in itself is one big slow poke; 64-bit capacity, which in itself loads the virtual machine even more; DENUVO virtual machine equals approximately four SecuROM virtual machines in the executable file; conditional jumps (JMP) for one or a small group of asm instructions are a moronic and long-ago feature, which was inherited from VM Securom of the 8th version. For the CPU, this is a nightmare.
Garbage application memory pages in 4096 bytes. "Rape" of the original entry point (OEP) and CPUID for encryption. Building an extra GUARD stream, which **** your central processor throughout the game in a loop (in fact, it guards the integrity of one low-level function so that it is impossible to join with the debugger).

Last Witcher was a masterpiece. Bestseller without DRM.

Back
Top Bottom